Cowboy Hank is offline New Member

Injection question

On spotinjections.com it says you should never push the needle all the way in "because it might break off"...however in the photo series a lot of the guys do push all the way in. It seems to me if you leave the needle floating like that you risk hitting a vein after your aspiration...what do most of you do?

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    it is fine to have it stick out. You DO NOT want the needle breaking off in your muscle...that would be ****ty.

Cowboy Hank is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by backer123
    it is fine to have it stick out. You DO NOT want the needle breaking off in your muscle...that would be ****ty.
    Yeah I agree, but those needles seem pretty sturdy and the risk of hitting a vein is much scarier to me.

Agent Smith is offline 'The Cleaner'
    bro we are talking a small amount of the needle sticking out. i actually push mine all the way in. i have done hundreds of injections and never had one break off. try and break one yourself not in your arm of course. there extremely hard to break.

AS

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Hank
    Yeah I agree, but those needles seem pretty sturdy and the risk of hitting a vein is much scarier to me.
    Injecting into a vein is not all that scary. I've injected minimal amounts several times myself. Your body reacts by you having an almost uncontrollable cough. Once the anabolic is introduced into the blood stream it is transported to the heart. From there it goes directly to your lungs and that cough that I expirience(usually on inspiration) is the body's natural way to eliminate the foreign substance. Even after I aspirate I'm still a little weary of whether I have maybe just passed through a vein. I will inject a very small amount to determine if I'm too close; then wait several seconds before injecting the rest. I would rather restick myself than explain to the ER staff what the h*ll I was doing.

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    I have used 20g 1 1/2 in needles in my lab for years and there is no chance whatsoever of breaking a needle. You can bend the needles and they don't break. I use the same needles for months at a time and never seen one even come close to breaking.

allsaucedup is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Powrlftr
    I have used 20g 1 1/2 in needles in my lab for years and there is no chance whatsoever of breaking a needle. You can bend the needles and they don't break. I use the same needles for months at a time and never seen one even come close to breaking.
    you use the smae needle more than once? thats not a good thing and how bad do 20g needles hurt i have never gone lower than a 23g

Thread Information