beefydragon is offline Member

Angry Do I See Blood?!?

Hey guys,

I'm using a 20 gauge 1 inch syringe... I know that it's usually 22-23 gauge...

I've just recently started the Test-E and Deca and inject to the glute... so that's pretty easy... but I've noticed that when I inject to the quad and my triceps, I've noticed a few drops of blood coming out... I'm I injecting properly? Is this normal? I sure hope I didn't inject it into my vein which is kinda waste of good stuff...

Oh yeah, another thing, when I do the injection to the quad, I felt some muscle spasm and kinda freaked out... is this normal? If so, how come the glute didn't spaz?
    -J

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Do you aspirate on injection Bro ?

Uh, I didn't do that... what is that suppose to do?

That tells whether or not you have injected into a vein ! If you aspirate and get blood you are in a vein. If not you are alright.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by powerlifter
    That tells whether or not you have injected into a vein ! If you aspirate and get blood you are in a vein. If not you are alright.
    I actually did do this with my quad... and didn't see blood, I guess I'm good on this one... But is muscle spasm normal to most injections?

BTW, thanks for the help!

chevy44 is offline Member
    is the blood coming out after you pull the needle out? if so then yes, this usually happens just take it slower, keep a steady hand and quickly cover then injection area w/ a tissue, hold and rub. if there is blood in the syringe than that is not normal, just take it out and start over again.

BTW are you taking an ECA stack at this time ? If so the white willow bark or aspirin in the stack decreases clotting ( platelet aggregation ) so you will bleed a bit. Just apply direct pressure as soon as you pull the pin out.

Quote Originally Posted by beefydragon
    I actually did do this with my quad... and didn't see blood, I guess I'm good on this one... But is muscle spasm normal to most injections?

BTW, thanks for the help!
    Muscles can spasm after injection - just walk around on it for a while and you should be alright. It's just the muscles way of protecting itself. After all you have injected a foreign substance into it and injured it with a needle.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If you are using a 20 guage I am suprised you don't bleed like crazy afterwards.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    20g? why not just use a harpoon next time? If you push it in slow you can tell if you hit a vein or not - it feels different - it also will make it much more sore afterward - it happens tho - last night even my lucky shoulder which normally is as slick as can be toched a vein and sure enough extra swelling today

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    You need a smaller pin. As long as you aspirate , and no blood enters the syringe your fine. Most likely, when your pulling that harpon out of you, your hitting a vein on the way out. Happens to me all the time.

Wow, thanks all! Got plenty of information... Yeah, 20 gauge is a bit thick... but that's what the doctor ordered... *sigh* Hey, at least all my stuff got prescribed by my doc... so lucky! .oO(don't mean to brag)

BTW, thanks again for all your support and info... this site is awesome!

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    20g, OUCH!
    I will use 25g

BLACKZILLA is offline Associate Member
    20g=stabbing myself with a fork...****. Really no need for it, ask ur doc for a smaller pin.

Solrock is offline Member
    I think his doc might be trying to convince him NOT to use gear by prescribing the 20g pin. ****... a 20g into the tricep.. yeeaooow.

Wink Sore!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Solrock
    I think his doc might be trying to convince him NOT to use gear by prescribing the 20g pin. ****... a 20g into the tricep.. yeeaooow.
    Okay folks, both my tricep and quad is totally sore already after my workout at the gym today... I guess I can pretty much confirm I did it the right way!

Thread Information