BWhitaker is offline Senior Member

nolvadex and arimidex...both?

I am planning on taking nolva throughout the cycle but not arimidex . However, i know that the combo of both would help eliminate further any estrogen related problems as well as help with the bloat from enanthate . Really i dont plan on using it so im not asking for my cycle, but what types of cycles is this combo recommended? Why wouldnt one always have both in a cycle???

Quote Originally Posted by backer123
    I am planning on taking nolva throughout the cycle but not arimidex. However, i know that the combo of both would help eliminate further any estrogen related problems as well as help with the bloat from enanthate. Really i dont plan on using it so im not asking for my cycle, but what types of cycles is this combo recommended? Why wouldnt one always have both in a cycle???
    i personally use it on any test cycle, really helps maintain a dry physique on cycle, it also helps minimize fat gain and of course the dreaded gyno, and i always use a serm for positive lipid effects

Kdog@usi is offline Associate Member
    I am using both, I don't think it will hinder my gains much, if any. For me its worth it to be on the safe side.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    .25mg L-dex + 10mg Nolva on any cycle I use. Gains are not inhibited my estrogen inhibition. Unless you'd consider water a gain

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Acually i am now thinking about getting some arimidex . I am doing a test enanthate @500mg/wk for 12 weeks with proper pct, and nolva ed 10mg. Should i be considering it. It is my first cycle.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by backer123
    Acually i am now thinking about getting some arimidex. I am doing a test enanthate @500mg/wk for 12 weeks with proper pct, and nolva ed 10mg. Should i be considering it. It is my first cycle.
    I suggest you do as Pheedno stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    .25mg L-dex + 10mg Nolva on any cycle I use. Gains are not inhibited my estrogen inhibition. Unless you'd consider water a gain
    I do this too......there's no real reason not to. It helps keep bp in check too.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    .25mg L-dex + 10mg Nolva works great for me

jelly is offline Associate Member
    Just something I found.. May or may not be relevant..

"ARIMIDEX should not be taken with tamoxifen or estrogen-containing therapies"

http://www.arimidex-us.com/index.aspx

"At a median follow-up of 33 months, the combination of ARIMIDEX and tamoxifen did not demonstrate any efficacy benefit when compared with tamoxifen in all patients as well as in the hormone receptor-positive subpopulation. This treatment arm was discontinued from the trial. Based on clinical and pharmacokinetic results from the ATAC trial, tamoxifen should not be administrated with anastrozole."

It further states that,

"Co-administration of anastrozole and tamoxifen resulted in a reduction of anastrozole plasma levels by 27% compared with those achieved with anastozole alone. Estrogen containing therapies should not be used with ARIMIDEX as they may diminish pharmacologic action."

http://www1.astrazeneca-us.com/pi/arimidex.pdf

In my opinion Aromasin should be used instead of Arimidex (L-dex), the only major problems being it's super expensive price and unavailability to the non-prescribed users..

gibferno is offline Junior Member
    Well, I have Nolva and L-Dex that I was planning on running throughout the cycle. I have researched, and have come up with several different answers as to what to do. Some say to just keep them on hand and use as needed, while others say to use them during the cycle, and then follow with proper PCT.

Confusing, really.

Flex-Appeal is offline Senior Member
    well if you have been gyno prone in the past the i would recommend starting the combo the day of first injection...or in my case i start to use it abt 1/4 to 1/2 way through my cycle. not sure if this is best for you though.

one8nine is offline Banned
    start a new thread on this, this thread is old and it is a great conversation topic

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    well its already been brought back to life so it might not hurt to keep this one going.

that study using both is pretty interesting

one8nine is offline Banned
    i read it all
    im editing the sticky =)
    great info

gibferno is offline Junior Member
    I don't know if I'm gyno prone. This will be my first cycle. There's a thread on here for newbie cycles. One cycle (the one I chose) is Test E wk 1-12 and Nolva and Arimidex throughout the cycle followed by PCT of course. Then others say to save the Nolva and L-dex in case you need it.

Thread Information