Peter is offline Associate Member

A little nervous about Doctor visit....

Wuts up bro's I finished my cycle of test 500 mgs a week and deca 300 mgs a week for 10 weeks. I have also finished all of my PCT. Now it is time to go to the doctor and get everything tested. I have never been to the doctor for this, and this is a new DR I am going to. I just made the appointment and the lady asked me 100 questions (I just told her I needed a checkup). What I want to know is, how should I tell the Dr. that I just did AS. And, what should I ask him to check for and test for? I don't have anything to worry about with giving my insurance do I? They aren't going to give up any specific information about why I was there right? What do you guys think?
    -Pete

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    You need blood work done, but if you get your TEST levels checked(which you should), he will ask you why you want that. I was up front with my dr and though he wasn't to happy, he was glad I told him.

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    be honest with him and find out what you need to know- he's not going to arrest you and who cares if he thinks any less of you-- know what i mean... good luck..
    how was the results of your cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by zx7racing
    be honest with him and find out what you need to know- he's not going to arrest you and who cares if he thinks any less of you-- know what i mean... good luck..
    how was the results of your cycle?
    thanks bro,
    The cycle was ok. I gained about 17 lbs. I like eq better than deca tho because it gives me a better look. I'll never do deca agin. Thanks bro.
    -Pete

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    I have a MD that can barely speak english and she doesnt ask many questions, so it's nice. I basically tell her what I want done and what I want prescribed.

trailboss is offline Junior Member
    I would not divulge too much bro...tell him you want a check up, your feeling low, tired, bad libido, and want the testosterone tests for that....that **** becomes part of your record and they may decide not, for liability purposes, to keep it out of your record. if he is a new doc, break him in slow. he dont need to know **** at this point...like someone smarter then me said once...keep your own counsel....

ItalianMuscle27 is offline Senior Member
    I would advise you to tell your doc everything. I goto 2 different ones, and I tell them what I am doing. And yes, one always gives me the lecture, but it is their job. They cant help you if you dont talk to them. Besides this is your health we are talking about. I just had some blood work done, and everything was perfect with me. The only thing he said was high was my testosterone level. Normal is between 250-850 I think. Mine was over 1000! So, yes tell him/her everything, you wont be sorry.

Tico Frank is offline Junior Member
    Just be aware that everything you tell your doctor is not completely confidential. If you are insured and ever need any treatment for the AS your insurer can see that info and deny you coverage for using AS. I would be very cautious as to how you tell him. I'm with "trailboss" on this one. If he's a doctor lets assume he can figure out that you took AS without you actually saying it directly. If he's smart at all.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    man i wouldn;t tell them everything.... there was ap ost on here recently where a bro told his doc what was up and she wouldn; sign off on his physical for work... also it can be put on your insurance records... just tell him like trail said that your feeling a little run down and just wanna get everything checked out... if something comes back and is seriously wrong then i would tell him but he only needs to know so much... as for why you need the test i think a simple lie would be fine... all it's for anyway is so you know where you are at..

Quote Originally Posted by Tico Frank
    Just be aware that everything you tell your doctor is not completely confidential. If you are insured and ever need any treatment for the AS your insurer can see that info and deny you coverage for using AS. I would be very cautious as to how you tell him. I'm with "trailboss" on this one. If he's a doctor lets assume he can figure out that you took AS without you actually saying it directly. If he's smart at all.
    Wrong! My best friend is a MD! EVERYTHING is Confidential!

X..

Quote Originally Posted by XWhiteDenali

X..
    thats not entirely true... they can talk with their superiors about certain things.. as long as they leave out names and such... but it can be put on your medical records.. and even thoguh they are confindential to outside people your insurance provider can request to see your charts...

beefydragon is offline Member
    Hi Guys,

I think it's really up to you to see how comfortable you are with your doctor. My doctor is easy and quite open about this. I've received so far the clomid, test-e, and deca through my doctors. The thing is, depending on who the doctor is, they may either choose to help you, or choose to "really HELP" you. My doctor gives me regular check up and knows that I've started my first cycle, so he's giving me additional blood test to see if my liver, etc is acting normal. After all, they should look after your health, not discriminate.

-J

Quote Originally Posted by beefydragon
    Hi Guys,

I think it's really up to you to see how comfortable you are with your doctor. My doctor is easy and quite open about this. I've received so far the clomid, test-e, and deca through my doctors. The thing is, depending on who the doctor is, they may either choose to help you, or choose to "really HELP" you. My doctor gives me regular check up and knows that I've started my first cycle, so he's giving me additional blood test to see if my liver, etc is acting normal. After all, they should look after your health, not discriminate.

-J
    man that is badd ass!!! i wish i had a doc like that!

Tico Frank is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XWhiteDenali

X..

Why don't you ask your friend if he get's calls from insurers on why he prescribed a certain drug or if they can see a patients file. So if you're not an MD how do you know i'm Wrong and what protocol for a Dr. is? It's better to err on the side of caution than to spill you gut's to some doctor for no reason. If a doctor has any education he can assume that the guy with high test levels and who looks like he's pretty **** muscular might have used AS. My friend is a doctor... get out of here with that ****, like you know what Dr's. do because your friend is a Dr. lol what a joke.

My point is the insurance providers are not going to stop covering you because you admitted to your doctor over the years you were using steroids . Ive had Aetna for 15 years, and they have never denied me treatment, scripts, or surgeries because I used anabolic steroids. I was recently referred to another doctor by my doctor for hormone and GH therapy. And from what my doc tells me, we can get that covered under my insurance also. Ill let ya know if it goes through or not..

longhornDr is offline Member
    If you're using your insurance do not tell them you use steriods . It can sure as hell come back to bite you in the ass.

Simply say you want to have various bloodwork done because your are into fitness and working out, and be willing to pay for the labs out of pocket.

Or just go to a different doctor, pay for it out of pocket and tell them everything you want, then you have true doctor-patient confidentiality.

Like it or not, anabolic steroids carry a social stigma, and there's no reason to have it on record unless you have absolutley no professional/career aspirations.

2vascular is offline New Member
    Tell the doc you want specific blood work done. That you use anabolics and are concerned about liver, kindney and other organs funcioning properly. The doc will and needs to respect your wishes. but needs to know so he knows what test to do.

I've decided that I am just going to tell him that i am feeling run down and my sex drive has decreased (even though this is not true). I will tell him I want blood work done and my test levels checked because I just did creatine and andro. What do you think?
    -Pete

Rugby13 is offline Member
    I'd go with not telling him either. I know some of you bros have cool docs but all it takes is for it to hit a nerve with one doc and it could potentially come back to haunt you later. I agree with the bros above....rather be safe than sorry man. No need to be badass about it. Keep it to yourself unless something major is wrong then you can think about telling him.
    -rugby-

Thread Information