Taurus is offline Member

Truth About Diminshing Gains!

I know that ALL gains diminish over time. But do natural gains and gains
    made on 1 cycle of steroids (after proper pct) dimish at the same rate
    when not working out?

For example, a person does one cycle of steroids and after PCT retains 15lbs
    of muscle. Now, they continue training for another year and after that year,
    are unable to workout for a 6 month period for whatever reason. Would they
    lose muscle at the same rate as if they were natural during this six months,
    keeping in mind a year has passed since the cycle. Does the body begin to treat the muscle gained after PCT as natural?

I have gone 6 months without training and have only lost 2-3 lbs of muscle.
    Would I lose at the same rate during a six month break a year after cycling?
    I'm not asking this question because I want to take a 6 month break, I just
    want to know whether the body treats muscle gained on steroids after PCT the same as it would treat naturally gained muscle in regards to diminshing rates?

Please keep in mind I am only talking about 1 or 2 cycles.

DocHoliday is offline Senior Member
    It's not a matter of "rate" of diminshing gains as it is more of the catabolic fators you experience after a cycle, and how well you combat them. You must do everything you can to battle the catabolism. Read up on how to do so.

Also, the muscle is natural whether you used AAS or not. The body does not recognize it as "fake." It's just that the body cannot handle the upset in your bodies homeostasis. Once you're back to balance, the body holds it. Savvy?

Doc

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    but also there is that time when you have reached beyond your natural potential and your body wont be able to hold onto any gains made above your natural potential.

Quote Originally Posted by backer123
    but also there is that time when you have reached beyond your natural potential and your body wont be able to hold onto any gains made above your natural potential.
    Horsepoop!

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    after you start working out again you'll gain it back alot quicker though. when I put on 15 pds of muscle (naturally) during one summer to bulk up for football, I lost it all (plus 10 pds) after I broke my leg midway through the season. But when I started working out again 7 or 8 months later it all came back in about 4 or 5 months. I don't know if this applies to gains from a cycle too but I'm pretty sure muscle is muscle.

as long as you haven't reached your "natural limit" your body has memory, as long as it's not inefficient for your body to hold that muscle you will gain it back with more ease than the first time.

Doc

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    doc, what's up with the savvy? hehe, like it bro

Taurus is offline Member
    Say a guy weighs 200lbs and stops working out for a year. In that year, he loses 10 lbs of muscle.

Now, say a guy has done two cycles and gains 35lbs of muscle from those two cycles.
    He has done his PCT and done everything to battle the catabolic effect on his body after the cycle and has managed to retain 20lbs of muscle. Now a year has passed after his last cycle, he weighs 200lbs and he also stops training for a year. Does he lose 10lbs of muscle over the course of the year or more because his muscles were gained using steroids .

too many factors....

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus
    Say a guy weighs 200lbs and stops working out for a year. In that year, he loses 10 lbs of muscle.

Now, say a guy has done two cycles and gains 35lbs of muscle from those two cycles.
    He has done his PCT and done everything to battle the catabolic effect on his body after the cycle and has managed to retain 20lbs of muscle. Now a year has passed after his last cycle, he weighs 200lbs and he also stops training for a year. Does he lose 10lbs of muscle over the course of the year or more because his muscles were gained using steroids.
    i couldnt imagiane not training for a full yr.....you gotta be in this thing for life..or close to it.. (not neccasary juice but lifting weights and diet)

You like that Assym?

I't savvy!

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus

He has done his PCT and done everything to battle the catabolic effect on his body after the cycle and has managed to retain 20lbs of muscle. Now a year has passed after his last cycle, he weighs 200lbs and he also stops training for a year. Does he lose 10lbs of muscle over the course of the year or more because his muscles were gained using steroids.
    Muscle is muscle once you have it and are able to maintain it naturaly its yours to keep. There is no difference between natural and unatural gained muscle.

dumblucky is offline Member
    Although I dont know the answer to you question.. i Can give you my personal experience.
    Last year I got up to 190
    I was juicin and eating everything in sight.. after PCT and losing the water I ended up at 182 12% bf I kept it for 3 months then
    I stopped working out for 3 months ..I got down to 165..within five months I hve gotten back up to 185lbs at 9%bf
    I trian hard and eat clean..
    Its hard to put on weight but once my muscles get there they have a memory and getting it back is easier.. Now I want to get to 195,,,, its tough.. putting on muscle past your genetic potential is difficult but once there ..its eassy to keep and or regain

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday
    It's not a matter of "rate" of diminshing gains as it is more of the catabolic fators you experience after a cycle, and how well you combat them. You must do everything you can to battle the catabolism. Read up on how to do so.

Also, the muscle is natural whether you used AAS or not. The body does not recognize it as "fake." It's just that the body cannot handle the upset in your bodies homeostasis. Once you're back to balance, the body holds it. Savvy?

Doc
    Yea I think if you are within the range of normal, you should be able to maintain it... For example I did my last cycle with a starting weight of 160 and gained up to 183. In PCT my weight fell as much as down to 172 but started going back up to 178 before I started this second cycle. I think overall my keeping weight did pretty good. Of course you can expect a roller coastering of your weight during PCT, not unusual for it to go up and down, sometimes several times in both directions until it settles down. I think maintaining the lifting weights will help keep the weight on you in PCT since muscle size is related to the working task you are putting the muscle to and there is also a memory effect so if you loose some in PCT, its also very possible to get it back with proper training. This is as long as you are not inflated way beyond your genetics are coded to carry. Lets say your body prefers not to carry more then 210 lbs and you have gained up to 240 lbs by using steroids ... well when you go off cycle, your weight will be in a steady even if slow pace of returning to your genetic capacity of 210 lbs.

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday
    as long as you haven't reached your "natural limit" your body has memory, as long as it's not inefficient for your body to hold that muscle you will gain it back with more ease than the first time.

Doc
    first of all this is very true....it is known as muscle memory....which means regaining already attained muscle after a break will be alot quicker and easier....and yes muscle is muslce no matter whether the sauce was used...hope this helps

Thread Information