RastaDread is offline New Member

Dbols and diet, your opinions please......

Alright, most people here would probably agree that Dbol while dieting to lose fat would be a no-no due to the high levels of water retention you will get from this drug. The way I look at it is, if water retention is the only factor for which one would not use D's while dieting, this is hard for me to understand, considering that FAT is the enemy not Water. If you don't care what you look like while on Dbol but the END result is all that matters to you, then why not add Dbols to your diet regimine along with test(prop). I'm definately not trying to stir the pot, I know there are a lot of bros out there who have more experience than I do, I'm just trying to pick some brains here and have a discussion.

Here are my feelings as to why Dbols aren't so bad while dieting (i know there are far more effective drugs for cutting this is just for the sake of discussion)

Reasons to use D while dieting:

-Improves Nitrogen retention (builds muscle way faster)
    -Keeps strength up
    -Improves recovery
    -Fluid around the joints lowers joint pain

People want to get lean so why worry about WEIGHT OR WATER. The goal is FAT LOSS not weight loss. Water is easily lost.
    Last edited by RastaDread; 03-18-2004 at 02:58 PM.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont think its a bad idea but I dont compete so I dont mind holding a little extra water while dieting down. Also with ldex and nolva I dont seem to retain much fluid anyway

Ben Lifton is offline Associate Member
    some BB do use dball the last 4 weeks b4 the show w/ prop or susp to hold the extra glycogen to look fuller and run a diuretic to get the water off at the last minute. I agree w/ ctps ldex and nolva will keep a good amount of water off durning the dieting phase

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Four wonderful words,

d-bol, prop, winny, nolva

Keep you very hard and lean with a little water that can be dropped within 2 to 3 weeks from contest time.

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    very interesting post...

BigSexy50 is offline Associate Member
    I remember reading a post over the past month where someone recommended dosing DBol like a prohormone during a entire cycle. He said take it 10 mgs/day 5 day a week, and the benefits were great, plus at that low dose none of the annoying sides (i.e. water, back pain, liver touble). I agree with Consistency here, a very eye opening post.

ducati996 is offline Associate Member
    I retain lots of water when using d-bol. If the end result is lean then i guess its ok. It usually takes me about 3 weeks to loose all the water weight after d-bol.

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    I will have to disagree with the low dosage. You see D-bol is a growth drug. You want to maximize its potential for a shorter period of time. My best results came from 40 mg a day for 4 weeks with four weeks off to lose the water. However I maintained mass with deca and winstrol . D-bol is a competetive drug. Stay away if you are not interested in competing as this drug will eat yo liver up quick.
    Last edited by jbigdog69; 03-18-2004 at 05:27 PM. Reason: in addition

RastaDread is offline New Member
    I'm currently running 30mg/day Dbols and 600mg/week prop. I did a search on the topic of D's and diet and I was under the impression most bros would stay clear away, but it just so happened that I got these D's for free, I guess you can say it was a gift. So use them if you got em.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    i can understand using dbol to stay anabolic during cutting, as long as the water retention is kept in check, but why not primo or anavar for the same purpose? imo, dbol just isnt the right tool for the job.

TooSmall is offline Associate Member
    look at the cost difference between var and dbol and primo
    dbol by FAR the cheapest, primo hard to find legit stuff, and var very expensive

Thread Information