Solrock is offline Member

Cardio help - can't run anymore - too heavy!

I usually run or bike for cardio, anywhere from 20-45 minutes. When I say 'run' I mean actual running, between 5.4 and 6 mph.

the problem is this, whenever I get around 210-212 (let alone more), I can no longer run because of terrible calf and ankle cramps and pains. I stretch and warm up and everything, but sure as ****, once I hit that body weight, I can no longer do any type of distance running. Biking also tends to be a problem at this weight (ESPECIALLY on cycle) because my legs end up getting pumped and I can barely make 10 minutes.

What do you guys do for cardio? I have caught fleeting references in a few posts that when some bros say 'run' they actually mean 'walk at a fast pace'.

What do you guys do?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    **** how tall are you ?? 3'4" ?? you make 210 sound like you're overweight.

try the elliptical machine. usually when i'm in the part of my cycle that includes d-bol, the front of my calves cramp up quickly from running on the treadmill or outside. bike is no problem.

Ben Lifton is offline Associate Member
    elliptical or bike.... I have never ran (ran 100 meter in college) on the treadmill... I'm 5'10" and 230+ and thats down from 280... it is an ongoing ballistic force that will tear the sh!t out of your joints... maybe even stress fractures in your fib. and tib. increase th incline.. not speed. Good Luck

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    First off don't stretc untill after your warmup. If you stretch pre cardio,. like when you firat get to the gym, it'll actually cause more damage and you'll rip the muscles. Walk at a slow (55% max h/r) pace for 10 minutes. Then stretch. Stay hydrated w/ Cytomax. It's a cyclists drink that buffers lactic acid and helps w/ hydratinn. If all you're drinkning is water then you'r pulling sodium out of your muscels which can cause cramps faster. hollar back if you neeed ne thing else!

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    Oh yeah!. Stretch after your workout!. Or after you take a hot shower. Muscels and ligamnets are much more pliable and you can get a much MUCH better stretch in!

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    just walk when you start to cramp up or what ever, or just dont run at all, thats what i do. 2.5 - 3 mph and im around 9% BF, when i actually do cardio and diet i get to around 6% runnings a waste of good muscle cells

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    I personally prefer the elliptical, pretty easy on the joints.

Thread Information