lomo31 is offline New Member

Steroids and Hairloss

Are their any steroids that don't have hairloss as a side effect?

MachZ is offline Member
    I think var is the safest on the hairline as well as deca but you don't want to run deca without test and test can be hard on the hair for alot of people.
    There are things you can do to combat hair loss, just do a search for finasteride but don't run that with deca.

Rugby13 is offline Member
    from what I understand bro, steroids don't CAUSE hair loss, the just speed up a pre-existing condition. So if you were going to go bald anyway, you'll just end up bald sooner. I might be wrong but I think that is correct. And then some steroids are harsher than other but I think all AS contribute to it.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    They definately speed it up...I'm paranoid so I use avodart and a topical shampoo...

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Any steroid can cause hairloss as all steroids are capable of activating the androgen receptor, albeit with different affinities. Steroids that are reduced by the 5 alpha reductase enzyme are the hardest on the hairline. This isnt because DHT or DHB have a special ability to bind with the androgen receptor, there is just a lot of this particular enzyme in the scalp.

IMO the deca +finasteride=more hairloss idea is a myth. Nandrolone as far as I have read, is unafected by 5 alpha reductase. DHN is capable of activting the androgen receptor, but it is a compareably inactive androgen.

Take finasteride with any test and most test synthetics, and use a topical androgen blocker as well as Nizoral.

Nandrolone(deca) is as close as youre going to get to a steroid without hairloss side effects.

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    I have been using propecia for over three years. If you are worried I would strongly recommend taking it.

RastaDread is offline New Member
    Oxandrolone

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugby13
    from what I understand bro, steroids don't CAUSE hair loss, the just speed up a pre-existing condition. So if you were going to go bald anyway, you'll just end up bald sooner. I might be wrong but I think that is correct. And then some steroids are harsher than other but I think all AS contribute to it.
    I agree. BTW, does propecia really work?
    How old are you FitnessNY, I'm 19, is that too young take it? Thx bro.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Propecia (DHT Inhibitor) and 5% minoxidil (Growth Stimulant) work wonders for most people. It is really the combination of both that use different mechanisms. Propecia will stop test from converting to DHT and then minoxidil lengthens the growth phase so hair can get longer and thicker before it regenerates. Also Nizoral shampoo 3-4 times per week, known as a anti-adragrogen.

Antiandrogens - The goal of Antiandrogen treatments is to stop DHT from binding to the Androgen receptor. Whereas DHT Inhibitors go to the first chemical interaction and stop it from occurring, Antiandrogens come in about 3/4 of the way down the process, and inhibit one of the last interactions before damage to the follicle occurs. Both types of treatments work in different parts of the process to stop the process from completing.

For people with little response to Propecia/Minoxidil 5% (Give it a year), you can try Avodart (DHT inhibitor), and Dr. Lee's 15% Minoxidil (Evening), 5% minoxidil (Mornings).

Avodart and Proscar/Propecia you can get here legally - www.medicalwellnesscenter.com. Dr. Lee, you have to fill out a questionare and fax it to him to become a patient - www.minoxidil.com. Also with minoxidil about 6-7% of people have an allergic reaction to the PG (Propylene Glycol) in the product. Dr. Lee's 5% has less PG and is well tolerated for those people and it dries faster than the normal formula.

Thread Information