BrownBomber is offline Member

DNP and Thyroid Problems?

When one takes DNP their thyroid shuts down correct? Which is the same thing that T3 does. If this is so does one exp. the infamous T3 rebound (where they gain weight when they stop taking T3) on DNP?

Thanks
    BB

I dont know if this has been looked at by formal research but here are my thoughts...

T3 would directly activate a negative feedback loop much like Test injections shutting down the HPTA. The T3 itslef would activlely stop production. DNP i belive does not work in that way. T3 is used by the body to raise body temp, increase themgogenisis. Naturaly it is only in the bodies intrest to do that if the body is facing a net loss of heat. But since DNP causes heat generation, T3 would be superflous and as such production is slowed. This is puley conjecture but. I would think that the indirect deactivation of T4 convertion would be much less strong than a direct deactivation caused by excess t3 being consumed. I have noticed that when I go off DNP my body temp drops to below normal and I quickly put on fat. I have not taken t3 however so I cannot compare. Anyway, i am convinced t3 production is lowered by DNP. The key is that the reactivation of the t4->t3 pathway should take the same amount of time no matter how long you are on DNP. So be sure to run the cycle long enough that you lose plenty of fat so the rebound does not eclipse the fat lost in the cycle. Of course, as i constantly preach, you body cannot violate the laws of thermodynamics. If your diet is good while coming off DNP it doesn matter if T3 is totlay absent you will not gain fat. You just need to be sure to eat few nough caloried for a week or two after coming off DNP. But since DNP can burn a half pound of fat a day easily I would rather spend 14 days on DNP, lose 10 pounds and then regain 2 pounds by eating normally than spending 10 days on DNP, losing 7 pounds and regain none by continuing dieting for another two weeks.

BrownBomber is offline Member
    Great Info BB!! Makes perfect sense.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownBomber
    When one takes DNP their thyroid shuts down correct? Which is the same thing that T3 does. If this is so does one exp. the infamous T3 rebound (where they gain weight when they stop taking T3) on DNP?

Thanks
    BB
    I can't honestly speak for DNP, but there is no need for a rebound with thyroid cyles if you do proper post cycle therapy for your thyroid.

Thread Information