Thread: Quick question

birddog is offline Junior Member

Quick question

I am finishing medical school and had a great discussion with some of my pharmacology professors and some other physicians about whether it is legal and/or ethical to prescribe Nolvadex to someone that you know is using anabolics. One of my professors told me that he would, but wouldn't write a scrip for it, or make a record of it. He said that he would simply give it to his patient in the office and tell him how to use it. I wanted to know if any of you guys have ever asked a physician to give you this type of medicine in order to prevent gyno, and potential (very very low potential) breast cancer and what the physicians response was. thanks

quebecbulk is offline Associate Member
    should not be a big problem as a doc is always supposed to there to help in any way possible. Nolvadex is pretty basic stuff.

quick question

yeah I don't know of any atheletes that actually do ask their doctor for a perscription. Do you? yeah if you can't tell I am just learning how to use this website.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I have asked for so much stuff-HGH, AAS, Clomid, Nolvadex ..standard responses most of the time..same line how bad it is..and these items have no purpose in such application. Only twice, have I had an appointment with a Doc that was knowledgeable on this subject.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    My doc is quite educated on the subject.He knows I run cycles and asks about them.I never asked him for anything except bp meds,which he gladly gives me.

yeah that is pathetic in my opinion. I think that physicians should be aware of this stuff. You know a lot of them aren't. As a matter of fact the pharmacologists that gave us some lectures on aromatase inhibitors and estrogen antagonists didn't even know that bodybuilders were using these drugs until I told them. You are not likely to get clomid for a few different reasons, or HGH (unless you are over 50), but nolvadex would be a good drug and has few side effects. another good drug that prevents and treats steroid induced osteoporosis is rispiredronate, raloxifene is a great drug just like nolvadex but also prevents against osteoporosis, which is a big problem in the hips of users.

Da Bull you should ask your doc and explain to him your reasoning for the need of Nolvadex

Quote Originally Posted by birddog
    Da Bull you should ask your doc and explain to him your reasoning for the need of Nolvadex
    He fully understands the need.....and knows I run that and l-dex.I never asked and he never offered,so I leave it at that.Not a big deal for me really.

hey Da Bull do you have the right pic in your profile? you have a pic of John Gotti not Sammy Da Bull Grovano. just breakn your balls a little. im joking with you

Quote Originally Posted by birddog
    hey Da Bull do you have the right pic in your profile? you have a pic of John Gotti not Sammy Da Bull Grovano. just breakn your balls a little. im joking with you
    HAHAHAHA.....I've thought about that...doesn't quite look right does it.But by no means would I ever put up a pic of Sammy..for obvious reasons alone.

yeah that guy is a homo. I wouldn't change it either

Thread Information