fitnessNY is offline Senior Member

Will Propecia Hinder Gains?

Does anyone have any info if Propecia will hinder gains? If so will it hinder them a lot? I would like to keep my hair.

956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnessNY
    Does anyone have any info if Propecia will hinder gains? If so will it hinder them a lot? I would like to keep my hair.
    Have you taken propecia before? What does the cycle look like, your age, etc. everyone is different. I hated the first few months on finasteride, but, now to tell the truth, i guess i have forgotten/gotten over the sides (if any). there is too much vague info i could give you, narrow your ? a bit

26 | 6'1", 167lbs | I have been taking Propecia for well over 3 years. I have absolutely no sides from Propecia.

Weeks 1-10: Test 250mg e4d
    (custom injectable, 50%Eth/50%Cyp)

Weeks 1-15: Nolva 10mg ed
    Weeks 1-15: Liquidex .25mg ed
    Everyday: Propecia 1mg (happy w/ the results)

Weeks 12-15: Pct, Clomid (day one 300mgs, day two 200mgs, 100mgs for 10 days, then 50 mgs for another 10 days)

956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    You should have no problems with gain hinderance or hairloss with what you have laid out best of luck.

-but at 6'1" 167lbs, you are pretty underweight. if you still intend on running a cycle, make sure you are on top of your diet. Im sure you could keep gaining naturally for at least another 20lbs....

Tico Frank is offline Junior Member
    [/QUOTE]-but at 6'1" 167lbs, you are pretty underweight. if you still intend on running a cycle, make sure you are on top of your diet. Im sure you could keep gaining naturally for at least another 20lbs....[/QUOTE]

If you are anything like me adding 20lbs naturally is easier said than done. For me that would be a joke. lol But he's right you better eat like a fiend. Eat like that bag of tuna is is full of P***y. lol And I will try to find that article tomorrow if you PM me i'll send the article to you.

temperoath is offline Junior Member
    I read somewhere that Propecia, taken over time, will lower test levels. Is this right?

Quote Originally Posted by temperoath
    I read somewhere that Propecia, taken over time, will lower test levels. Is this right?
    No, it'll simply reduce DHT levels. DHT, being very androgenic , can help with muscle hardness (like winny or proviron ), and it can also, along with test, keep your androgen:estrogen ratio higher to reduce potential for gyno. However, most people that use finasteride don't notice any difference other than at the hairline.

Buschlightcan is offline Associate Member
    Will taking propecia while on deca cause a reverse effect on your haor by making it worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Buschlightcan
    Will taking propecia while on deca cause a reverse effect on your haor by making it worse?
    I don't think it will make you loose more hair. I have heard that you shouldn't take it with deca because it can screw your cycle up.

Quote Originally Posted by Buschlightcan
    Nandrolone itself is a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor (although it yields DHN in the process). So less DHT is produced if nandrolone is present. Also, DHN is less androgenic than nandrolone and much less androgenic than DHT. So, finasteride with deca (nandrolone) should both work to reduce DHT levels, and since finasteride will inhibit 5a reductase, it'll also keep levels of DHN lower too.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I am under the impression that DHN is less androgenic than nandrolone .

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    I am under the impression that DHN is less androgenic than nandrolone.
    You are right. That doesn't change the theory/mechanism of finasteride with nandrolone , but DHN is less androgenic than nandrolone. I'll correct that.

Thread Information