dnj
    dnj is offline New Member

first cycle - elevated pulse and BP

just started my first cycle of test enanthate and deca
    adminstered 500 mg of test 3 days ago, and 200mg of deca 2 days ago.
    my head kinda aches and my resting pulse when awake is 90 beats per minute, which is usually 68.
    Other than that, I fell OK, I can sleep well and I have a good appetite.
    Is this a normal reaction and will it subside? I'll give it 2 weeks max, cause I don't want blood pressure problems.

Thanks

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dnj
    just started my first cycle of test enanthate and deca
    adminstered 500 mg of test 3 days ago, and 200mg of deca 2 days ago.
    my head kinda aches and my resting pulse when awake is 90 beats per minute, which is usually 68.
    Other than that, I fell OK, I can sleep well and I have a good appetite.
    Is this a normal reaction and will it subside? I'll give it 2 weeks max, cause I don't want blood pressure problems.

Thanks
    Maybe check your BP at some quarter machine... otherwise its not unusual to be hyper sensative to the change in your body that occurs when you start steroids ... it normally shouldnt effect you that much but you do get increased pulse, insomnia is expected in the first 3-4 weeks for sure, but be careful that you arent so scared of what you are doing that the fear itself is causing the pulse and BP rise.

toolman is offline Banned
    Go to the drug store and buy a BP moniter. THe brand to buy is Omron and only go with the bicep cuff modl as the others are not accurate. That way you can always moniter your BP while on cycle.

It is normal to have a slight elevation.

juicewillis is offline New Member
    roids and test increase BP. You are having a couple of different things happen to you. One is that psycologically you are thinking about it and it slightly increase BP and BPM. Also another is the actualy drugs which have an effect. The third is introducing them to your body for the first time it will do it for a little while until your body becomes used to it. It will subside, just relax and dont think about the stuff, you will be okay. Sort of like when you drink, you know you'll be okay after a while, but you feel drunk for a while...it will go away after a week or two.

dnj
    "it couldnt be the test, also why did you shoot 500mgs in one day? how many mgs are you doing a week? watch your sodium intake, and drink a ton of water"

I'm doing 500mg of test every 5 days, 14 times total.

birddog is offline Junior Member
    bro
    toolman is right. you need to get yourself a bicep BP cuff. a HR of 90 isn't too bad, but you do not want your BP to go over 120/80 if it does your in prehpertension (preHTN) if it over 130 or (either or ie doesn't have to be both) 90 your in stage 1 HTN. if over 149 or 100 stage 2 HTN. HTN is not cool man. it can cause many problems if not taken care of. the bad part about it is that the problems it causes are silent until you can't do something (like see anymore). But you have to realize that these problems only occur after years of HTN.

birddog is offline Junior Member
    forgot to tell you there are a few essential things you should do to lower your BP
    1. don't drink alcohol
    2. don't eat salt (use the dash diet)
    3. exercise (which your doing)
    4. unfortunately watch your weight

dnj
    Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I will buy a BP monitor and I will see a doc if it's high and or my symptoms don't reverse.

Carl Carlson is offline Junior Member
    I just completed my first cycle, which was almost the same as yours (500 enan, 300 deca ). I too was disturbed when my heart rate shot up in the beginning.

When the test first kicked in, my resting heart rate hovered at 90-95. After a few weeks, it settled down to the lower 80's and the last half of the cycle it stayed about 75-80.

I'm now in PCT, and its back to the low 60's..........

dnj
    Are you satisfied with your gains, Carl? Also, how many weeks did you use the test and deca ?

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    From what I know it's normal for your resting pulse to go up on gear -mine always does and it bothers me to be lying in bed at night with my heart pounding even though my BP is okay. Mine went up to 80 from 50 but eventually calmed down to about 64 by the end of my cycle.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it much unless you have high BP.

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    gear will almost always raise the pulse/bp, that's one of its side-effects. i always notice that my bp will jump from 130/70 to 165/90 average. That is a large jump, but I suppose that is just how my body reacts.

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    i have like 85 bpm anyways so I guess when I'm on I'll be like 115.... my blood pressure was up to 155/90... maybe on it will be like 180/110... If only we could all be so luckY!

Thread Information