Thread: Anger (advice)

Sage is offline Anabolic Member

Anger (advice)

i am going tobe 24 in a few month and planning on doing my first cycle right after my b-day. I have a major anger problem and have a hard time dealing with it already. Simple things can irritate the schitt out of me and i even moved out of my parents house because i thought i was gonna lose it there for sure. Idiot drivers is where i seriously excel in madness. Even at the gym i have no patience for someone to finish a set and people sense my hostility towards them and simply walk away. I have a great job and act very professional but it’s a hard **** work for me to do on a daily bases already. Do any of you have the same problem and are already on sauce and how do you control that?

Don't tell me to go on anger management and that type of BS, i am mostly all chill, but have major mood swings which are not a pleasant sight. I usually don’t get violent, but have a feeling that while on the sauce things could get worse.

razor67 is offline Banned
    i would consider not using gear until you learn to control your anger. you already believe there could be a problem.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    If you feel this way your not ready for sauce. You have not learned basic coping skills that are neededto live. You subconciously would use juice as a cruch for why your a short tempered man, and we as juiceheads dont need the heat from guys like you slapping pencilnecks in traffic or beating cardio dudes. Learn to cope with your short temperness seek help if needed I am not flaming you I am giving you the best advice I know cause I was a short tempered man in my younger years it takes time and mental maturity. Learn to use you anger in the gym join a boxing club meditate beatoff whatever just learn coping skills

jersey juice is offline Member
    Gotta agree with these guys, you self admittedly have an anger issue, juice will just turn your personality volume to 10... if your already getting pissed over things the last thing you need is more androgens going through your blood, that'll probably get you some jail time for some kind of assault on some poor guy. Hold off for now....

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a serious temper as well (extremely low tolerance for stupid people). I find myself more calm while on cycle, I have a better mood most of the time and a more positive out look on things but thats not to say itll be the same for you, I still have some pretty nasty mood swings but its nothin like I thought it would be. If you are considering using AAS you have to learn how to control your emotions, plain and simple.

Tygh is offline Associate Member
    I never had any problems except when using tren . My wife would usually be able to guess when I introduced it into my cycle. About three weeks into using it, I became more of an ass than usual. But each of us is different.

As you get older, stuff seems to bother you less.....except for those little pet peeves.......

it makes me more at ease to admit my flaw here and i just don't know how to control the very frequent mood swings where i get all heated up for no reason. Those who know me personally including my parents tell me that my facial expression even changes where u can literally see an angry person and they simply avoid being in contact with me until i either phone them or just come by on my own to hangout or whatever. By any means I am not some psychopath who is mentally disturbed, I just can’t explain it exactly why I am so angry at times without a cause. It hurts me that i am that way and don't want to do something that i will regret for the rest of my life, but i have been on this site for so long reading and looking into other sources of information that i just can't stop thinking about my bodybuilding project in a very near future.

Maybe i have to take you up on that “cpt steele” get involved in some extra physical activity like kick boxing or something of that nature besides lifting for a short while. I’ll check it out, but I have so many bills and the gear is not cheap either that I dunno if I can afford that at the moment.

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    bipolar??

Jackman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    [color=black]

Don't tell me to go on anger management and that type of BS, i am mostly all chill, but have major mood swings which are not a pleasant sight. I usually don’t get violent, but have a feeling that while on the sauce things could get worse.

First off if your asking our advice then dont go telling us what not to say. Especially when its the best thing for you.

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by floyd_turbo
    bipolar??
    Does sound symptomatic.

I would HIGHLY recommend not going on the juice. Hormones are powerful chemicals and it sounds as though you already have some imbalance. I notice a huge difference in my temper while on. Yes, I feel great, but I get pissed alot easier. I never act out on it, but it definately makes things harder.

Don't dismiss talking to a Psychiatrist. It is amazing how some problems can truely be fixed with a chemical and there is no better Doctor to determine if that's your problem.

jbol is offline Senior Member
    hey bro,ive got the exact same prob. i snap at the drop of a dime.i havent started juicing yet,ive got the gear to start,but am trying to learn to control myself first.i have been seeing a shrink, and believe it or not it does seem to help a little,at first they tried to put me on anti depressants,ive tried just about all of them and i hated em.it is an anxiety disorder and can be treated with anti depressants,but i didnt care for the way they made me feel,its like a false sense of well-being.anyways they also prescribed me clonazapam(almost the same as xanax).it does seem to help(but you got to be careful cuz they are addictive) that along with just telling the shrink how i feel..really seems to help(and believe me,i didnt want to go to the shrink)but i seem to handle myself a little better now and am about to start a cycle.....anyways good luck bro

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    dbol ............... made me very mellow......

but everyone is different.......

test/winny/anavar / .. made me toooooooo... as you discribed.....
    so i have to say it was the dbol............
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Jbol

jbol,

sorry for a late reply,

as hard as it is for me to admit it i do have a problem, which is very similar or exact same that you deal with bro. The thing that u have mentioned about anxiety disorder is right on the money and i hate dealing with it on a daily bases. I am not on any meds and tend to keep the good/bad things all to myself rather then talking to some1 about it at all times as well. Shrinks are charging an arm and a leg and usually it is multiple sessions that can run up some heavy digits, u know. If it’s alright with u may be i can hit u up in pm to talk some more about this issue i am dealing with if u don't mind.

sage

bro...pm me anytime..i know exactly what your talkin about..my shrink wants me to keep coming back and my insurance only covers six visits a year...ive already used 5 of them..next week will be the 6th..after that i hope i can cope.

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    dbol ............... made me very mellow......

but everyone is different.......

test/winny/anavar / .. made me toooooooo... as you discribed.....
    so i have to say it was the dbol............
    test/dball will in fact be included in my cycle and i want to at least get a partial control of myself bro. it’s very important to me to stay sane through the entire cycle and not do anything drastic or out of character that I will regret later on.

Quote Originally Posted by jbol
    bro...pm me anytime..i know exactly what your talkin about..my shrink wants me to keep coming back and my insurance only covers six visits a year...ive already used 5 of them..next week will be the 6th..after that i hope i can cope.
    i appreciate that jbol

with regards

sage

no prob...just remember it is cureable...and can be overcome(at least thats what the shrink tells me)
    Last edited by jbol; 03-04-2004 at 08:49 PM.

speedtraining is offline Senior Member
    Do what i do go to the city and beat the **** out of a bumb it will make you feel beter and you aren't harming anyone and you can't get introuble...haha i'm just kidding I've got a rage problem but you know what it makes me stronger, use it to your advantage.

Paranoid is offline Associate Member
    Bro you are not alone, I have the very same problem. It scares me how aggressive I can become when on a cycle. In the last week alone, when I drop of my girlfriend at her teaching placement in the mornings, I got into several altercations with various drivers. I was so close to walking out of my car and punching someone out through the window. If my gf was not there to calm me down, I don't know what would have happened. Moreover, I feel like total **** because I made my gf cry by being really aggressive at home and throwing **** around. Don't get me wrong, I have never or would never hit her, but I still traumatize her with my behaviour.

I am not a bully, and I'm usually a really nice guy, but I get so easily irritated and when people flip me off on the road, I loose it. I try to use this aggression to my advantage in the gym, but sometimes it spills over into my daily life. To tell you the truth it really scares me sometimes when I think about it. I have been working so hard academically and want to apply to US based med schools soon, and if I end up with a criminal record because of assault, my dreams would be shattered forever.

Snooch99 is offline New Member
    this guy at my gym got really pissed after a set of dumbell presses, he tossed the dumbell back onto the rack...he didnt throw it, he tossed it...anyway the weight fell off the back of the rack and shattered the mirror behind it... noone knows if he was juicing or not, but he lost his membership... i dont know about your gym, but i love mine, and would hate to lose it...so be careful...learn to use discipline to controll your anger...

paranoid,

i think u r the exact copy of me when dealing with idiot drivers bro, i easily fire up and at times almost came out of my vehicle as well or signal the moron to pull over for showing the finger while him being clearly at fault or i even will cut him off pull up in front and punch on breaks for him to rear end my car and then beat his azz. I have so much rage it’s insane and i am ready for whatever not realizing if he has a gun or something of that sort in his car. That's really bad and i need to somehow balance this out and not get myself hurt and others in the future.

beefydragon is offline Member
    hi sage,

i was just like you when i was younger... but i was having the issues when i was about 19-20 years of age. just to say ahead of time, things will mellow out as you age.

in the mean time, check with your doctor to see if perhaps you have some type of chemical imbalance. besides anger issues, do you usually get depressed? if so, some type of therapy such as prozac, wellbutrin, etc. might work but the thing is, for prozac, it won't kick in until a month after you start taking it. it really helped me out a lot! Good luck buddy.

-J Mo

Ben Lifton is offline Associate Member
    [/QUOTE]I have been working so hard academically and want to apply to US based med schools soon, and if I end up with a criminal record because of assault, my dreams would be shattered forever.[/QUOTE]

I agree... I would go from mellow / half asleep to busting your a$$ in half in a flip of a switch and it fuct me for med school 10 years ago. Learn how to use it in the gym while you do your med research... once you get it under control, then start your cycle

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    dont do steroids . they wont increase your anger, but additional testerone can increase aggression... which may make you more prone to act on your anger.

theres no reason to be angry all the time... trust me, its not worth the effort it takes to be pissed off, its just a waste of energy.

seriously consider a psychiatrist... you may have some kind of chemical imbalance that can be fixed with meds.

-MC

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    I had (have) similar problems. My anger got so bad i used to almost black out when i lost my temper.Didnt even realize what i was doing half the time. When i finally calmed down i always felt guilty and felt like a freak of nature. Well once i finally realized i was just gonna end up in jail or dead i went to the doc. turned out i had anxiety, depression issues. I usually managed to be fine durring cycle but when i came off and that down in the dumps feeling took over i used to have uncanny spells of anger. Meds didnt help much but i will be trying some different ones soon. I think the best thing that helped me deal with it was to understand why i was feeling like this.
    So in short you might have to worry about your mental durring pct rather then durring the cycle.

bros,

seriously, after reading your replies you all perceive me as having a problem that in fact i've come to realize. Any symptom you bros put down, i've

experience(d) and it is no coincidence either. Schittt, i thought i could work it out on my own, but only now i've come to actually understand my condition and how long it persisted. I may require some help after all as much as I hate to admit it. I think it is my own fault for not doing anything about it sooner thinking it’ll fade away and letting it get out of control like that, but i do not talk to anyone about my personal things at all and its easier for me to express it this way (online) and not in person. Its hard as hell for me to admit that i may experience some type of anxiety disorder, but after reading up more about it i think i am a good candidate for it. This blows and now i may have to post-pone my cycle for a bit longer again or work something out quick.

Last edited by Sage; 03-20-2004 at 10:17 PM.

its worth it bro...ive had mine postponed for 6 months now..trying to prepare myself.

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    Good deal bro. You will get this thing figured out in no time. Might find yourself feeling better then you ever have before. Fist step is to figure out why and where its comming from then deal with it from there.
    I hear ya with the online stuff. I could never discuss this face to face with anyone.

HyperSick is offline Associate Member
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

I find it helpful to meditate and stretch for an hour a day. Sometimes 1/2 hour if I don't have a lot of time.

stengun is offline Associate Member
    Howdy,

Seek help. There are alot of programs and meds that you can take. It's not normal to have mood swings. It also sounds like you have alot of growing up to do as well.

Stengun

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    i am going tobe 24 in a few month and planning on doing my first cycle right after my b-day. I have a major anger problem and have a hard time dealing with it already. Simple things can irritate the schitt out of me and i even moved out of my parents house because i thought i was gonna lose it there for sure.
    Idiot drivers is where i seriously excel in madness.
    Even at the gym i have no patience for someone to finish a set and people sense my hostility towards them and simply walk away.
    I have a great job and act very professional but it’s a hard **** work for me to do on a daily bases already. Do any of you have the same problem and are already on sauce and how do you control that?

Sounds to me like control issues. I've ridden with folks who will drive with one foot on the accelerator and the other on the brake, fuming over other crazy drivers, and it essentially comes down to their anger over other drivers not driving the way they thought they should.
    Similarly, I can picture folks getting pissed because
    a) "OK, I ready NOW to do my bench presses NOW and why the hell is this idiot in my way!"
    b) "I'm in this grocery line with all my stuff and WHY the f*** is the checker going so D*** Slow! They CAN go faster that that, why the F*** don't they!"
    c) "I'm ready to get online, but the GD phone company screwed up something again so I can't and I am ready NOW to be online and why the flying f*** can't I!!!"

Yep, when you don't have control over a situtation you get frustrated and then angry, and if you're internal controls aren't strong enough to override your inclination to push people out of the way or throw things against the wall, you're only going to slow things up even more and cause lots of problems.

You gotta accept the fact that you don't control everything, and that there are lots of slow drivers who don't know what they're doing or where they're going, that technology will fail when you need it most, and some parents will forever try to make your life miserable.
    Once you accept those unhappy facts as things you will encounter everyday for the rest of your life, you're halfway to a solution.

When you see someone on the piece of equipment you're ready to use NOW, you gotta decide how you are going to react. Either with impatience ("Hey you pencilneck geek, hurry up with that thing!") or with patience ("Well, I guess I'll chill out for a minute and get a drink while this guy finishes up.")
    How you respond is entirely up to you. The trick is to recognize these situations and think about what's happening before you react.

It also helps, as another poster mentioned, to meditate. There's probably lots of info on it elsewhere on the net. The most effective meditation will be the most simple techniques, won't cost you a thing, and can be done in 15 or 20 minutes, once or twice a day. The effects are cumulative, and will help you deal with anger.

Hope this helps,
    -Tock

beefydragon is offline Member
    bros,
    seriously, after reading your replies you all perceive me as having a problem that in fact i've come to realize. Any symptom you bros put down, i've
    experience(d) and it is no coincidence either. Schittt, i thought i could work it out on my own, but only now i've come to actually understand my condition and how long it persisted. I may require some help after all as much as I hate to admit it. I think it is my own fault for not doing anything about it sooner thinking it’ll fade away and letting it get out of control like that, but i do not talk to anyone about my personal things at all and its easier for me to express it this way (online) and not in person. Its hard as hell for me to admit that i may experience some type of anxiety disorder, but after reading up more about it i think i am a good candidate for it. This blows and now i may have to post-pone my cycle for a bit longer again or work something out quick.
    Wow, this is quite an awesome response. By admitting to your own problem you've taken the first step to success. Like any other issues in life, by confronting instead of avoiding, you've taken the step to resolve the problem. Postponing your cycle is no biggie, taking care of your mental blocks will even help you to achieve a higher level of confidence and better for your future cycle. It took me years to debate on when, how, and why i want to go on a cycle.

Good luck buddy, we're here.

-J

ladder1 is offline New Member
    Yes you sound like me also.You should get tested for A.D.D see your Doc. Or go on line for the test. I know I have it . It sound like you might also Bro hey it's not a biggie ....

Froggy is offline Member
    Take responsibility for your actions. You ain't the man....you are not callin the shots for anyone but yourself... Kick your own ass! Smartin-up, dummy... when you rage, you loose respect from all around you. Take a deep breath and leave the situation...YOU DON'T NEED TO WIN...it just doesn't matter...that is life. People will be afraid of you... you will be locked up & that is not respect, it is a tragety.
    You need to get this under control now. The meditation will help. I wish you the best of luck.

HyperSick is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ladder1
    Yes you sound like me also.You should get tested for A.D.D see your Doc. Or go on line for the test. I know I have it . It sound like you might also Bro hey it's not a biggie ....
    That is horrible advice! Get tested online? By a doctor that SELLS Ritalin? Give me a break! See your doctor if you're concerned you might have ADHD. Seven out of Ten kids diagnosed with ADHD don't actually have it. Adderall and Ritalin are not the answers to anger problems. Edspecially when you're 24 years old. You don't need a meth' habit.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Some people have a predisposition to get angry, agressive and/or violent easily. You may be one of these people.

Since you recognize this anger/agressive/violent behavior in yourself, you have a LARGE responsibility on your hands to handle your issues, and some very serious options to consider:

NOTE: When you read the following, keep in mind that I am NOT the media and I am NOT your parents blowing things out of proportion; I'm somone who's keeping YOUR best interests in mind and would like to see you stay out of harm's way.

Here's what you should seriously consider:

1. Steroids can increase one's aggression. Knowing that you already have a problem with your aggression, you need to seriously consider whether getting bigger is worth the trouble you can find yourself in if you allow yourself to get overly agressive while using steroids. You could end up hurting someone close to you, and/or wind up wasting your life in jail. Remember: Steroids affect everyone differently. Steroids can adversely affect those with a pre-existing chemical imbalance or psychological issues.

2. Some people have chemical imbalances that make it easier for them to lash out suddenly. Since you know you have an aggression problem, you should consider going to a psychiatrist or psychologist to see whether these doctors can help you correct the chemical imbalance AND control your aggression. The fact that you suggested that anyone responding should not suggest anger managment makes me wonder if you're truly willing to do whatever it takes to take on the responsibility of correcting a problem before it gets out of hand.

You know you have a problem, else you would not have written this post.

My vote is that you stay away from steroids. If you choose to use steroids before correcting your problem, then you might be setting yourself up for a long and hard fall.

If (and I repeat IF) you are just looking for someone to pat you on the back and reassure you that you'll be fine while taking steroids, you will certainly find what you're looking for--there's always someone around who cares nothing about your well-being and won't mind risking your health and future by encouraging you to use something that's bad for you. If you are truly concerned about your aggression and the possibility of hurting yourself and others, then please take time to truly consider the long term ramifications of any violent outbursts that will likely occur while you're on steroids (given that you already have a predisposition to being overly agressive).

I hope your better judgement wins out.

Best to you, bro.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 03-21-2004 at 12:54 PM.

BASK8KACE,

I've officially postponed my cycle for a while, but it sux because it is all set and good to go. Maybe this is not what u prefer to hear from me bro, but from me waking up and going back to sleep almost everyday I think about getting bigger and cannot stop because I am at the gym very often and most can either admit it or not, but u tend to compare yourself to other bros who lift and take it seriously just like you. So what I am saying is I WILL take all the necessary precautions in terms of me stabilizing my mental state being before starting to shooting. You have to at least give me some credit bro, the sauce is there and it takes a solid self-control on my behalf for me not to temper with it.

I've posted this because I deal with this problem on a daily bases and without getting much into it it effects my job, relationships with others, but most importantly ME. My exterior is very deceiving to others because I may look approachable and all chill, but inside I am major Rolla- coaster going off tracks at times, but lately more ofter for some reason.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Sage,

I do give you credit, not only for your self-restraint, but also for your self-awareness. If you decide to visit a psychiatrist/psychologist, I think you might be surprised how quickly and how much your life and relationships will improve once you've gotten this aggression obstacle out of your way. You might find that a simple prescription from a psychiatrist helps immensely.

You know you have support here at AR if you ever need to vent or to discuss things.

Best to you, bro. (Keep us posted on how things turn out).
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 03-21-2004 at 04:13 PM.

BASK8KACE,

I've officially postponed my cycle for a while, but it sux because it is all set and good to go. Maybe this is not what u prefer to hear from me bro, but from me waking up and going back to sleep almost everyday I think about getting bigger and cannot stop because I am at the gym very often and most can either admit it or not, but u tend to compare yourself to other bros who lift and take it seriously just like you. So what I am saying is I WILL take all the necessary precautions in terms of me stabilizing my mental state being before starting to shooting. You have to at least give me some credit bro, the sauce is there and it takes a solid self-control on my behalf for me not to temper with it.

I've posted this because I deal with this problem on a daily bases and without getting much into it it effects my job, relationships with others, but most importantly ME. My exterior is very deceiving to others because I may look approachable and all chill, but inside I am major Rolla- coaster going off tracks at times, but lately more ofter for some reason.

bro...im right with you ive got gear sitting here calling my name(ive had everything ready for 6 months now)but have refrained from starting till i can handle myself better...anxiety can really get to a person,and if left untreated go sky high on you...leading to other problems..like i stated before the antidepressants really didnt help me,but i didnt give them much of a chance...everyone is different and believe it or not it is treatable,but with the right attitude(and i think youve got it)...they way i look at it is the gear will be there,but if i dont do this cycle right...i might not be here.your first cycle should be your best bro..why not be sure you do it right...i know that i want to be able to enjoy the cycle,have all the anxiety and stress out of my head before i start(and i am making progress)...after that i plan to grow like a mo**er fu**er...hope this helps bro and keep us posted

Thread Information