TgrLifting is offline New Member

Arrow To a point where I do not know what to do...

I am not a newbie here, I just have a new name and basically trying to start a fresh new life...

Alright guys, here is the deal:

After neglecting my body for almost a year, I have made up my mind to get back in the gym and get back in shape like I once was. One year ago this past week, my girlfriend of over two years was killed in a tragic car accident along with her twin brother.

This event took its toll on me and I totally quit going to the gym. I did not eat a good diet and I basically gave up on myself. I simply was lost and unhappy.

One year later I have a new career, which I just started a little more than a month ago. I really enjoy it and actually making some well deserved money. I have rejoined the gym and have started to work out again. Boy oh boy, it is much tougher this go 'round than ever before.

The reason why I am writing this post is to ask some much needed advise. I graduated from college with a degree in Exercise Physiology and I am currently on a two year waiting list to get into medical school. Therefore, I have a lot of knowledge into weight training.

Before my girlfriend's accident, I weighed 205 pounds with 8% body fat. (Yeah, I looked **** good!) Right now I weigh 190 pounds with 23% body fat. Yes, that is quite a bit of difference and I feel and see it every day of my life now. I am 6 feet 2 inches tall, so I have been able to hide a lot of my un-in-shapeness. I used to have a 32 inch waist and now I have a 35 inch waist and probably could use to go up to a 36.

Over the past two weeks I have been dieting. Over the last year I was consuming around 3000 calories per day and now I have cut that down to an average of 1500 or less per day. I am also taking Hydroxycut. I am following the suggested daily dosage for that < 1 three times per day for week 1, 2 three times a day for week 2, etc...>

I have been drinking 2 liters of water per day and pissing like a race horse. I have noticed that my urine is now at times a bright yellow/green color. I have taken Hydroxycut before and have never noticed this. Is this normal?

It has now been two weeks since I started my diet, exercise and taking Hydroxycut. I have not noticed any weight loss or anything. I have a digital scale that also has a % body fat calculator thing on it, so I am assuming the numbers I am getting are accurate.

I am competing in a bicycle tour the first week of May and want to drop some of this extra weight and get in some sort of good shape to get me through the race. I do want to atleast finish the race. It is going to be approximately 30 miles.

I need some advice on the Hydroxycut, my diet and training. I have a lot of knowledge on the subject of lifting, but it is much easier for me to take advice from others than taking it from myself.

Please HELP!!!!

I need yall more than anything in my life right now! Below you will see some pictures of me......One is of me and my girl before she died and one is of me taken just a month ago the other is of me without a shirt when I was in shape...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails To a point where I do not know what to do...-8.jpg   To a point where I do not know what to do...-11.jpg   To a point where I do not know what to do...-pic1.jpg  
    Last edited by TgrLifting; 03-22-2004 at 02:42 AM. Reason: To add Pictures

dumblucky is offline Member
    welcome back to the game bro..
    sorry I cant help with the hydroxycut
    Never had a year off ..but I have had about 6mo off a couple of years ago..
    you are right its a long road back
    good luck

Thanks bro, I am glad to be back and be amongst such supportive people. I just need a little push to keep me in the gym every day and to stay on my diet. It is too **** easy to just pull into a burger joint and order some of that good tasting stuff.

Yall stay on my a$$ and keep me in check.

Has anyone read this?

omen78 is offline Member
    I'm with the rest of the bros on the time off. Just keep at it and it'll come back to ya. As for the Hydroxycut I'd say up your water intake to atleast 1.5-2 gallons a day. I'm no diet guru but I always like water to lose weight. Sorry to hear about the gf. Try Swole Cat for some help on the diet.

I have a feeling that if I up my water intake to 1.5 to 2 gallons, I will never leave the toilet. As it is right now I am having to piss every 15 to 20 minutes.

kossdog is offline New Member
    Bro,

Not taken that long off but took a month off and started back in the gym last week. I am off AAS and sore as ****. I only did half the sets I normally do and light weight/higher rep too. Just take it slow is all. I took the time off cause of injuries and feel good in that aspect. I am humbled with only a month off so a year will take even more. I can somewhat relate and wish you luck...

KD

Thanks....

Its going to be a long road to get back to where I was at. I have never done any cycles and have been completely natural except for a few things I bought from GNC.

Are there any products out there that any of you think I should get on?

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    a gallon of water a day is fine.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TgrLifting
    Thanks....

Its going to be a long road to get back to where I was at. I have never done any cycles and have been completely natural except for a few things I bought from GNC.

Are there any products out there that any of you think I should get on?
    im glad to hear you're not just jumping into something like an AS to help you out.. i think its great you're getting back into the swing of things naturally and from your posts i dont; see you saying i need AS to help me... just keep at it bro and im sure things will turn around quite nicely for you...

houseofpain is offline Banned
    good luck bro, sorry to hear about your loss, always remember no matter how hard life seems at times that the lord never gives us more than we can handle. um definately step up the water intake and you should eat at least 6 meals a day in my opinion, and protein is vital. breakfast is also very important b/c it helps to start your metabolism. i would suggest i high protein diet, you may experience weight gains but they should be quality gains. its gonna be hard but where there is a will there is a way. welcome back bro. good luck.

Have any of you read my ECA Stack post? What are you opinions on that? Should I go ahead and start doing an ECA stack and quit taking the Hydroxycut? Where is the best place to get ephedrine and what is the best kind to get?

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by TgrLifting
    Have any of you read my ECA Stack post? What are you opinions on that? Should I go ahead and start doing an ECA stack and quit taking the Hydroxycut? Where is the best place to get ephedrine and what is the best kind to get?
    Sorry, I don't know much about Hydroxycut. But, I am currently looking at clen , and am sure u have looked into it as well. Whatever u choose to do, make sure you drink more water (a gallon a day or more), that will help u more than u think. Good luck bro!

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Hope all turns out well for you. I'm not sure what you are asking as far as the eca stack goes. Is it okay for you? Yes. Do a search on allsportsnutrition.com and see if they carry it. I am sure that an online supplement site some where will have it. Congrats for making the decision to get back with it and we'll all be here if you have any more questions. As far as personal experience with eca stacks, I liked plain old eca stack. I'd run 2 pills in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. I've run these pills before for a month at a time but in this case you may want to start at just 2 pills a day to get your body use to them. They help but up that water. it sucks pissing but you're cleaning your body out. Make sure you start hitting up some cardio as dieting alone may not help you obtain your desired results at the rate you seek. We'll be here to say get your ass in the gym but it is going to be you that has to drive there. Good luck though.

thanks,

I am doing atleast 30 to 45 minutes of cardio per day....

Thread Information