purplelaceteddy is offline Female Member

Wink 36 year old female cancer surivor looking for info

I was told in the womens forum that doc needed to see this post maybe he can help.
    I'm a 36 year old female who has had cervical cancer (in remission)[side note here I will not be having any more kids] and also thyroid cancer (removed thyroid) at the present time i'm taking
    Premarin 0.9mg per day
    Levothroid 137 mcg per day

I'm a past powerlifter lifting for over 10 years the gym is not a new place for me. I know the time and dedication it takes to achieve goals in the gym.My best lifts at national meets are as follows : Squat 411 Bench 235 Deadlift 465. In the super heavy weights.

Hence my wanting to cycle.I am tired of weighing 225 despite medical diets and self dieting, my weight remains close to the same.

I was considering Durabolin 2 x 50mg per week (for 6- 8 weeks)
    and Oxandrolone 10 mg/day

My major concern is the masculine traits.I want to cut and burn but not look like a man.Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you in advance.

pumped99 is offline Associate Member
    I am not an expert in female use by any means, but I always hear good things about var and primo.

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    I would talk to your or another doctor. Let them review your file and ck your liver and other counts. Please dont just take the word of someone on here that says its ok and to do it...speak with a doc in person.....seriously

D

I'll Bump this for you Sweetie....I have a ? for Doc as well, maybe this Thread will bring him outta Hibernation, haven't seen him in a few days.
    Very Glad to hear about the "Survivor" Part....Good Job!...Good Luck with your Quest.

I personally have very few female friends that cycle, but at least two I know have used light-to-Moderate doses of Deca or Primo...and Usually with Var or Halo, without noticable (to me anyway) masculine traits with the exception of size after several years, and that is only in comparison to the "Normal" Female.
    Hmmm, I just noticed....purplelaceteddy!
    Maybe if I go train now my Wife will be home by then
    Good Luck Again PLT,
    TSW

Quote Originally Posted by the dent depot
    I would talk to your or another doctor. Let them review your file and ck your liver and other counts. Please dont just take the word of someone on here that says its ok and to do it...speak with a doc in person.....seriously

D
    I can't say I "disagree"...but give DocM Credit, he's very knowledgable, plus, if he doesn't know something, he'll tell you so.
    So you're not wasting a step by bringing it before him.
    TSW

I'm sure will want many more details before endorsing a cycle, but he'll probaly say to go to her doc for advice.

D

I have discussed this with my gyno doc.and my endocrinologist.they advise diet and exercise. I did bring up oxandrolone in the conversation,being in the deep uneducated medical southern region the words fell on deaf ears.10 years same body weight..i'm tired of it...by the way...liver profiles are great..kidney function.perfect.no stones. I am doing the south beach diet and 5 days in the gym and Tae Kwon Do 3 times a week.I"m not scared to work out,diet or cardio..NOTHING works..i'm looking for that catalyst to start the weightloss.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Purple..I have read through your post a few times and have come to this conclusion..It is most likely not the answer or advice you were looking for, but I have a responsibility ethically to sometimes lay it down no matter what..

First and foremost I could not responsibly or ethically make a determination based on the limited information here..I can imagine that your chart is somewhat comprehensive..I also will tell you that the weight issues you are experiencing are a direct result of the thyroid being removed..Although you are supplementing, it is always going to be an issue for you..As frustrating as it will be, keeping a healthy excercise and diet regimine is your only course in my professional opinion..

Secondly, you show a propensity for cancer development..Manipulating your hormone levels is only going to cause further complications as estrogen is a main support fuel for many types of cancers..Playing with your levels is a dngerous game at your stage of the game..As was stated before, you are a "SURVIVOR" and you need to keep that term in the front of your mind..No sense in winning two battles only to sabotage yourself..

You can take this how you choose..I strongly advise against ANY AS use for you now or in the future..The rewards do not even come close to the risks..Why play Russian Roulette??

Doc M

Also, what type of thyroid cancer did you suffer??

Papillary, Follicular, Medullary, or Anaplastic?

Doc M

Thanks Doc thats why I asked.I just get fustrated and any AS talk to the doctors here go silent quickly.I do appreciate your opinion from someone from the "other" side.

Equiguns is offline Associate Member
    Doc has a point...although I do know that many cancer patients do take hormones but I am not sure why they are okay but you shouldn't. Not going against what Doc said at all. I have worked with thyroid cancer patients (male) who were taking testosterone and possibly dbol if that sounds correct but I could be wrong on the dbol. I would think if you want to cut primo and anavar would be the "highest" you could go. Also, I am not sure what clenbuterol has effects on when it comes to thyroid, ect. but IF it is okay I would be thinking about that one. I am sorry about the cancer. I hope you get back into those numbers again. Bench is more than what I was doing back in highschool! I feel like a weakling.

Mtc

I had a thyroidectomy due to medullary thyroid carcinoma MTC

Were you treated with Radioactive Iodine as a follow up?

Also, did they perform a dissection of the lymph nodes in the sides and front of the neck?

Quote Originally Posted by Equiguns
    Doc has a point...although I do know that many cancer patients do take hormones but I am not sure why they are okay but you shouldn't. Not going against what Doc said at all. I have worked with thyroid cancer patients (male) who were taking testosterone and possibly dbol if that sounds correct but I could be wrong on the dbol. I would think if you want to cut primo and anavar would be the "highest" you could go. Also, I am not sure what clenbuterol has effects on when it comes to thyroid, ect. but IF it is okay I would be thinking about that one. I am sorry about the cancer. I hope you get back into those numbers again. Bench is more than what I was doing back in highschool! I feel like a weakling.
    Although some Oncologist's do use specific hormones for cancer patients, these hormones are generally introduced to restore what hormonal loss took place from a surgical removal of a gland..Even with that stated, I could not recommend the use of AS on any level..

Doc M

I knew he could be counted on to lay it out honest like.....
    We have a Deep Bench here at AR.....With more Starters than 3 teams.
    Good Job Doc.
    DON'T Give Up Purple, you can still do it.....There is more than likely still alot of advise for you here, aside from AS.
    TSW

Yes the Lymph nodes were negative for any cell changes. And no there was no radioactive idione course.I did have Chemo and radiation for the Cervical cancer..which was stage 2-b. I have yet to hit a hormone level in my T4 the leg cramps are just totally awesome!!! NOT.but we do what we must.I will not settle for anything less........
    Life is short......get it done...and get the hell out!!!

Equiguns is offline Associate Member
    Doc, I had a buddy that had skin cancer, I believe only on his neck. There were a few surgeries done on his neck I am sure to cut the cancer out. Right before he died he was put on some roids, pretty hard core ones. I believe just to keep his weight up and give him strength? Does this sound right? I always wondered why he was on that ****. He turned into a big fat bloated blob.

Quote Originally Posted by Equiguns
    Doc, I had a buddy that had skin cancer, I believe only on his neck. There were a few surgeries done on his neck I am sure to cut the cancer out. Right before he died he was put on some roids, pretty hard core ones. I believe just to keep his weight up and give him strength? Does this sound right? I always wondered why he was on that ****. He turned into a big fat bloated blob.
    Yes, this is common, especially in end stage cancer..It is to prevent an enormous amount of muscle wasting that takes place as the body breaks down..It is a bit futile in my opinion, but it does add a level of vitlaity for a period until the body loses positive control to the cancer cells..

Doc M

Nicely handled Doc.

D

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Does Clenbuterol affect the hormones? I heard it was a fairly safe for women to take. Then again - many of you would probably know better.....

Heres a website on clenbuterol - i can't remember everything in it - im going to hafta read over it again

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catclen.htm

I just thought maybe if it doesn't affect her hormones (which was an issue) Maybe a low dosage will help her lose some weight.

Jjdigs74 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    Does Clenbuterol affect the hormones? I heard it was a fairly safe for women to take. Then again - many of you would probably know better.....

Heres a website on clenbuterol - i can't remember everything in it - im going to hafta read over it again

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catclen.htm

I just thought maybe if it doesn't affect her hormones (which was an issue) Maybe a low dosage will help her lose some weight.
    Clen is fine for women consumption and is not anabolic ( nothing to do with hormones ) My girlfriend is on then and has loved the results, i would suggest the 2 weeks on 2 weeks off method

Quote Originally Posted by Jjdigs74
    Clen is fine for women consumption and is not anabolic ( nothing to do with hormones ) My girlfriend is on then and has loved the results, i would suggest the 2 weeks on 2 weeks off method
    Some research I did on Clen was that 2 on 2 off produced that withdrawal feeling.The information I was given was that 1 on 1 off would prevent that from happening.I'm not the expert,by any means,I've been doing a lot of reading before I put anything in my body.Hense me joining the group.
    PLT

JoeyJuice is offline Banned
    use primo and very small dosages of eq, worked for my female cusin

JoeyJuice is offline Banned
    clen will make u lose weight and some muscle

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    ASCO: Oxandrolone Safe for Patients With Cancer-Induced Cachexia
    By Charlene Laino

CHICAGO, IL --- June 1, 2003 --- The oral anabolic steroid oxandrolone can safely help cancer patients with involuntary weight loss to gain lean body mass, a prospective phase IV study suggests.

Lead investigator Jamie H. Von Roenn, MD, director of the Palliative Care & Home Hospice Program at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, Illinois, presented the findings here on May 31st at the 39th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.

Although doctors have been using oxandrolone in cancer patients with cachexia based on anecdotal evidence of benefit, studies looking at whether the agent is safe and effective for this population are only now being performed, Dr. Von Roenn said in an interview.

Safety concerns with anabolic steroids include lab abnormalities, adverse events, and risk of tumour stimulation.

Dr. Von Roenn and colleagues enrolled 60 women and 71 men with cancer cachexia, who received 10 mg of oxandrolone twice daily for 4 months, in addition to customiserd nutritional goals and progressive resistance exercises.

Unpublished results showed that 81% of patients either gained or maintained weight, with lean tissue weight increasing by an average of 7.5% at 4 months, Dr. Von Roenn said.

The new analysis also showed that oxandrolone was generally well tolerated, she said, with 19% of patients developing edema and 18% experiencing dyspnea.

One patient died within 24 hours of the first dose. Although there was no evidence that the death was drug-related, the unwitnessed death was categoriserd as "possibly-related" to the drug as "it could not be ruled out," she said.

Also, 1 patient with elevated transaminase levels, who was asymptomatic, was removed from the study, and levels returned to baseline within 3 weeks.

Overall, the study revealed a non-clinically significant 29% increase in transaminase levels, no change in bilirubin levels, a 36% decrease in high-density lipoprotein levels, and a 13% increase in low-density lipoprotein levels.

Analyses using a gene receptor assay showed that oxandrolone is highly specific, interacting solely with androgen receptors, Dr. Von Roenn said.

"These findings have important implications in hormonally responsive cancers," she said.

Oxandrolone is contraindicated in patients with cancers that have the potential to be stimulated by testosterone , such as prostate and testicular cancers, she noted.

The researchers have just completed a placebo-controlled trial of oxandrolone in patients with cancer cachexia. Those results should be available this summer.

The study was funded by Bio-Technology General Corp., which manufactures oxandrolone.
    http://www.docguide.com/news/content...256D38004DAD52

ttuPrincess Guest
    I was wondering if you had found the answer you were looking for PLT???

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont mean to throw the thread offtrack but purple is that a picture of you in your avatar because if it is i think your looking pretty dam good and i wouldnt be concerned with running AAS

Thread Information