Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant

Just started and have strep throat

As some of you know i have beed sick for the full first week of my cycle now. I am down to 200... I have lost 16 pounds in about 5 days! Anyways i finally went to the doc and it turns out i have strep throat. Today (sun) i got a penicillun shot to help. The doc said I should be fine in a day or 2. After the penicillin shot i went home and did the pop shot, tomm i do the enan/eq shot. I am no causing and complications to the strep and penicillun shot am i?

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    no bro, you'll be alright, hope you get to feelin better.......good luck

Jjdigs74 is offline Member
    you'll be fine. I know with strep its hard to eat but i would just worry about drinking lots of protein shakes and fluids and getting plenty of rest. You'll be back in no time bro!

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    feel better bro...

thanks for the encouragement... i am most worried about the 16 pounds i lost... i know most of it is water, but im sure i lost a lot of strength as well. I guess we'll see in a couple days when i hit the gym back up!

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    good thinking not going back to the gym in a hurry. The human body is funny in that way, if you are sick your body will fight the sickness before it even thinks about repairing any muscle fibers. As most of us know our immune systems are weaker while on steroids . Just hope you feel better and gain that 16 pounds back and then some with the cycle you are on it looks very promising.

DoctaBig is offline Member
    man i feel your pain man, i had to delay my cycle by like 3 months because i got 2 episodes of strep. the first one got resistant to the antibiotics and the second one made me septic. i lost a total of 28 lbs in a month of being sick...mostly water but alot of muscle too... i went 7 days without eating. You'll be alright though, resistant strep is not common and you sound like you have a handle on the situation.

good luck

by the way...there shouldnt be a problem with the AS and Antibiotics at the same time....be sure to use a different injection spot just based on the fact that there could be a salt/ acid-base rxn if they mix in the same inj spot

bigjsheets is offline Associate Member
    I like your persistance. Did you tell doc you were going home to self medicate. He would have loved that

birddog is offline Junior Member
    Hey how long have you had the strep throat?
    You might have to take in a lot of fluids because you can get post-strep glomerulonephritis. take it easy on any drugs that are hard on your kidneys.

One other thing do you think that you may have gotten sick from self medicating?
    if so you have to be careful of contaminated goods (as you probably know), but there is a real problem with strep infections. these types of infections can cause bacterial endocarditis which is very bad. it is a strep infection on the leaflets of your heart

DoctaBig is offline Member
    birddog is right about the nephritis and the endocarditis. especially the nephritis, fluids are vital. The endocarditis is pretty low risk though unless you have other heart related problems, typically the vegitations do not form unless there is a binding point for the fibrin, platelets, ect.

good call jurichar.

man you gotta keep safe.

i have it for a total of 6 full days now.... today i still cant eat or barely drink... it hurts my stomach too bad... i mean real bad

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Consistency
    thanks for the encouragement... i am most worried about the 16 pounds i lost... i know most of it is water, but im sure i lost a lot of strength as well. I guess we'll see in a couple days when i hit the gym back up!
    As soon as you feel better and start eatting that weight will come back........ I wouldn't worry about it....... plus you just started the cycle so a week or so isn't going to ruin the cycle. I hope you get better quick.

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    As some of you know i have beed sick for the full first week of my cycle now. I am down to 200... I have lost 16 pounds in about 5 days! Anyways i finally went to the doc and it turns out i have strep throat. Today (sun) i got a penicillun shot to help. The doc said I should be fine in a day or 2. After the penicillin shot i went home and did the pop shot, tomm i do the enan/eq shot. I am no causing and complications to the strep and penicillun shot am i?

**** You had streop throat and you waited 5 days to go to the doctor. I got strep about 5 years about a week before christmas. It hit me in about an hour started with a slight head ache on to a major headache accompinied by twin earache fever sweating bucket. And cold spot on my body. (something to do with circulation). Drinking water was like swallowing rusty razor blades and could only be achived by holding my throat with my freehand. I lost a **** load of weight as well. I could even ring the doctor my throat was that bad. Luckily my girlfriend was at home. The doctor told me it could have progressed to scarlet fever in a matter of hours. I GUESS WHAT I'M GETTING AT IS WHY DIDN'T YOU SEE A DOCTOR SOONER. YOU CAN DIE FROM STREP BRO.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Consistentcy, I hope you feel better bro. As soon as you get better, you will put the weight back on in no time. My son got 2 cases of strep with both going into scarlet fever!!! Penicillin didn't get rid of it!! Be careful, get some rest!!!!

OK its been 2 days since the shot and I still feel like shiit. I cant eat or drink anything. I forced 2 glasses of water down yesterday, but thats it. Why am I still sick, the doc said after 24 hours of the shot you should be "fine". Well im not at all. Could i be having some sort of reaction to the enan/eq/prop. Its all legit stuff made by SL. I need help? What should I do?!

Thread Information