Thread: tendonitis

hellnhavoc is offline New Member

tendonitis

Alright bro's need some advice... i took 5 days off cause of this elbow... and ive come back for 2 days and the pain is coming back.... not as bad as the the first time but its there... im mid cycle... and im not sure where to go from here.. ie treatment or other advice

rawhide is offline Junior Member
    try some otc NSAID's like alieve (naproxin sodium)...take like 2-4 a day...but be careful cuz too much for too long can do some damage to the kidney's as well as reduce protein synthesis...
    you could also try the joint supps like glucosamine, chondrotine, and MSM which you can get at AR's home-page supp. store...the joint supps. can take a while to start taking effect but it goes to the root of the problem...
    also...ice and heat after you workout for 10 minutes a piece...you could also try Adequan if it's cartilage damage...but even if it's not...and your desperate...you can spend $50 for pretty good anti-inflam. effects...
    Pentosan is more for tendonitis...but I can't find it for the life of me!
    And if it's in your elbow...you might want to strengthen it up by upping your forearm work...it'll strengthen the muscles that support the connective tissue so there will be less stress on it...most of this stuff your doctor would tell you besides the adequan or pentosan...if you can get script anti-inflam's they're better and easier on your system from I understand from my doc...hope this helps...

Are you sure it's Tendonitis?
    See a Doc certainly, but I live with numerous differrent Joints issues, I take Glucosomine, Shark Cartilidge, etc etc, and I am prescribed Feldene, an strong Anti-Inflamitory.
    Also, you'll like this one, I use an old Liniment used for Horses, Absorbine. It's a topical Analgesic made mainly from just Menthol and Alcohol, but it's great for Per-Workout, and Post Workout Set up Wraps.
    There was a Thread started by someone (on another board) about 8-10 months ago, about this Miracle Shot that Vets have for Large animals or something. The guy went on to say that on the day of his first shot, he couldn't put his arm up to the wheel to drive....four day later he's benching...yeah. I can't remember the name of the Drug, and I saved it at the time, but I've since Crashed and replaced my Hard Drive.
    Anybody else read/remember that thread?
    TSW

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSevnthWarrior
    Are you sure it's Tendonitis?
    See a Doc certainly, but I live with numerous differrent Joints issues, I take Glucosomine, Shark Cartilidge, etc etc, and I am prescribed Feldene, an strong Anti-Inflamitory.
    Also, you'll like this one, I use an old Liniment used for Horses, Absorbine. It's a topical Analgesic made mainly from just Menthol and Alcohol, but it's great for Per-Workout, and Post Workout Set up Wraps.
    There was a Thread started by someone (on another board) about 8-10 months ago, about this Miracle Shot that Vets have for Large animals or something. The guy went on to say that on the day of his first shot, he couldn't put his arm up to the wheel to drive....four day later he's benching...yeah. I can't remember the name of the Drug, and I saved it at the time, but I've since Crashed and replaced my Hard Drive.
    Anybody else read/remember that thread?
    TSW
    Yeah thats adequan (sp) but thats the stuff

Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    Yeah thats adequan (sp) but thats the stuff
    Is that the Comercial Marketing Name?
    Because this was along high tech name straight out of Pharmaceutical Review.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    my anti inflam of choice is vioxx...i also have a prescription for nabumetone and that does the trick nicely in a pinch.

you can't just take 5 days off and expect it to go away bro, you need to develop a new training schedule that incorporates high repetition and lower weight at first until you get comfortable training again.

my biggest mistake at first was doing what you did...thinking some time off would cure it when in reality it would come back worse.

i would evaluate your goals and then go from there.

stengun is offline Associate Member
    Howdy,

Aleve and Ben-Gay. I deal w/ tedonitist and bursitist everyday.

Stengun

Quote Originally Posted by TheSevnthWarrior
    Is that the Comercial Marketing Name?
    Because this was along high tech name straight out of Pharmaceutical Review.
    Adequan AKA polysulfated glycosaminoglycan. I really does work great, but it's primarilty for cartilage-related problems. It may increase synovial fluid too, so it would work like deca in that respect.

Thread Information