Thread: western union

jbol is offline Senior Member

western union

lately ive been reading that western union now requires ID or a test question to send money.i just sent money via western union internationally and they didnt ask me for ID or a test question.i wish i wouldve known that about a month ago,because instead of going through western union(cuz i thought they would ask for ID).i sent my money via registered mail, it got lost and has not been seen since.im still pi**ed at the postal service.anyways i thought that id let the bros know that they didnt require an ID or test question.(or at least the one i went to didnt) or is it only the reciever?
    Last edited by jbol; 03-04-2004 at 02:26 PM.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    I think they only request ID if you send over $1000. I never send cash via US mail. Its not safe enough.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    i heard you can now send money WU over the comp now with a credit/debit card....is this true...has anyone done this...

sorry for the hijack jbol...didnt want to start a whole new thread....maybe you can learn something from this also

dumblucky is offline Member
    yea its true ..dont know how it works though

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    Yeah just go to their website:

www.westernunion.com

I have done it and it works just fine.

e cruz is offline New Member
    YEP.... Coldstone WU takes CC now on the pc... i did it with some things i got from ebay. sorry jbol not a reply about your sbubject.....

"feels good to be back"

ok...i just got on westernunion.com and did a mock run and it seems pretty easy...you do have to have a US issued bank credit or debit card...seems pretty easy though

Quote Originally Posted by e cruz
    YEP.... Coldstone WU takes CC now on the pc... i did it with some things i got from ebay. sorry jbol not a reply about your sbubject.....

"feels good to be back"
    it did give you an mctn# back right???..i have to have that for my source to pick up the change

e cruz is offline New Member
    yep, ColdStone just like the good old smoke shops give ya, but with all the comforts of home.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Are you guys fuc-king nuts????

the purpose of sending the money WU is to remain unknown... if you use a credit card... the sale and order is traceable back to you...

unless you are using an cc account that is set up under a bogus name...

and if you don't know how to do that.. thiink about it.. there are many cc accounts that will give you an account prepaid.. with ficticious account info..

then use your UPS box mailing address as the delivery addy....

good luck....
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Swellin Guest
    You are a bad man Spy!

I just spoke with a gentleman that told me not use the internet version...that requires a signature on the other end... to collect the funds.

Uh, Spy...if you have an extra one of those cc's with a deposit...I'll take it...just leave the deposit...we will work that out later.
    Last edited by Swellin; 03-04-2004 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammar
    I think they only request ID if you send over $1000. I never send cash via US mail. Its not safe enough.
    1 month later and i know that now..lesson learned

Testify is offline Senior Member
    You can always mail a WU money order. If it gets lost, you can request a refund.

i dont care about the hijacking bros...im learning about this western union on the internet...my prob with that is... my source wants the location where it was sent from...also like spy says you use a cc you cant deny it..unless you say it was stolen

No problem... i have an auction i will tell you about on e-bay... i will put the Buy it now option up...

it is a pencil.. you will be buying it for $325.00

plus shipping.. of $35...

Your "Product" will arrive within 3-7 days..

get the picture???

Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    You are a bad man Spy!

I just spoke with a gentleman that told me not use the internet version...that requires a signature on the other end... to collect the funds.

Uh, Spy...if you have an extra one of those cc's with a deposit...I'll take it...just leave the deposit...we will work that out later.

Rules

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

Oh.. i accept any cc through paypal for my special pencils....

Rules

Swellin Guest
    You are good!!!!!!

Somehow or another, I think that all anybodywould get out of this is darn pencil.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    the purpose of sending the money WU is to remain unknown... if you use a credit card... the sale and order is traceable back to you...

unless you are using an cc account that is set up under a bogus name...

and if you don't know how to do that.. thiink about it.. there are many cc accounts that will give you an account prepaid.. with ficticious account info..

then use your UPS box mailing address as the delivery addy....

good luck....
    Hmmm, what a coincidence!
    I just did my first-ever WU mail payment online this morning using of course my credit card. The crazy thing is after you've spent an hour making sure all the info you've input is correct, THEN you HAVE to call WU to confirm that you really did make an internet order. All they asked for then was my name, if I recall correctly.

But now I've got to questions:
    1. If i'd done it at a WU office and paid cash is that somehow safer? I assume they want your info in case it's unclaimed anyway.
    2. What the heck is a "cc account"??

with cash... you can say your name is Tom Jones...
    no id required...

and

cc= credit card.....

Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    Hmmm, what a coincidence!
    I just did my first-ever WU mail payment online this morning using of course my credit card. The crazy thing is after you've spent an hour making sure all the info you've input is correct, THEN you HAVE to call WU to confirm that you really did make an internet order. All they asked for then was my name, if I recall correctly.

But now I've got to questions:
    1. If i'd done it at a WU office and paid cash is that somehow safer? I assume they want your info in case it's unclaimed anyway.
    2. What the heck is a "cc account"??

Rules

Awe swellin..... you know i wouldn't do that to ya.....

I would send a pencil, and whatever else we agreed upon....

Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    You are good!!!!!!

Somehow or another, I think that all anybodywould get out of this is darn pencil.

Rules

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Maybe I can put some questions to rest...
    When your source request WU...DONOT use a creditcard! That's just plain stupid, and most sources (if their smart) will not allow you to use the credit card transaction online. They do this because big sources sometimes ship goods before they even pick the $ up. If you use a credit card to make the payment and the source ships you the goods...You, or your wife/gf etc can cancel the transaction w/ a click of a mouse..Bang...the source loses the funds and thats the end of that.
    So when your going to make a transaction...You go to your local WU...USE A FAKE NAME, fake address EXCEPT THE CITY AND STATE OF WHERE YOUR SENDING FUNDS FROM. Get the recipe.
    Go home and email the source w/ the name used on the transaction, the MCTN #, the city and state where funds were sent from, total amount sent, and the REAL shipping address of where you want your goods sent to.
    NEVER send more then $1000 at a time...This will require ID.
    Hope that helps.

BLACKZILLA is offline Associate Member
    great informative post. thanks for the info.

Capiche.

blowout247 is offline Associate Member
    Amen

timmz11 is offline Junior Member
    if u sent it wu...through the net..using ur credit card or debit card...wouldnt it track back to YOU!..????

cash cant be tracked....correct?

timmz11 is offline Junior Member
    sorry Mbarraso ...i skipped right over ur post..before i posted mine....you hit it right on....thumbs up

I've also just discovered that if you do use a credit card they treat it as a "Cash Advance" and you pay an additional transaction fee and high cash-advance interest immediately rather than after a month's grace period.

Forget that.

palequail is offline Banned
    I believe you need a form of ID...if not then you must have a test question along with the MCTN number....

Solrock is offline Member
    I had to show ID wiring less then $1000 via WU to Italy. The last time I picked up money, they wrote a complete physical description down. Fortunately, i was dressed like a woman. Just kidding. Ha! I can't stand those WU bastards.

Thread Information