flexshack is offline Member
    what
    Last edited by flexshack; 04-07-2006 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flexshack
    curious to know if it is possible for the body to regain its sensitivity to leuteinizing hormone after prolonged usage of hcg? how long would one have to abstain from using hcg for this to happen?
    Is this hypothetical, or do you have bloodwork that shows this may be the case? high LH values and low test?

FedSki is offline Creator of Cycle Planner
    From what I have read, desensitisation is permenant and irreversible. Which is why it is recommended that you use HCG as little as possible.

I'd be curious to find out whether there is any evidence to the contrary.

what
    Last edited by flexshack; 04-07-2006 at 04:58 AM.

bump for einstein's thoughts or anyone else's too.

Quote Originally Posted by flexshack
    well, i have somewhat elevated lh but not that low total test either. total test was 609ug/dl. lh was something close to 7.4. i would think that if lh was elevated to that point, my total test (which again i know is not low) should still be higher. what do you think?

How long after a cycle was the bloodwork done?
    DocM will be able to give you a better answer, but he'll want to know the answers to these questions first....I assume.

Also, I've seen a couple papers showing prolonged exposure to LH causes LH recepters to "bundle", which in essence, renders less receptors able to bind LH.....However, the bundling of receptors was reversed after the high concentrations of LH were removed. I'll look for the papers later, if anyone is interested.

what
    Last edited by flexshack; 04-07-2006 at 04:59 AM.

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    bump. I am curious to know this as well.

I haven't been able to find the paper I referred to earlier, but....

Arch Androl. 1981 Mar;6(2):155-62. Related Articles, Links

Temporal relationship between hCG induced desensitization of LH/hCG responsive adenylyl cyclase and downregulation of LH/hCG receptors in the rat testis.

Jahnsen T, Purvis K, Torjesen PA, Hansson V.

A single s.c. injection of 75 IU of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) into adult male rats caused a transient desensitization of the LH/hCG responsive adenylyl cyclase (AC) in membrane particles from rat testis. Two hours after the injection of hCG, LH/hCG responsive AC was reduced by 40%, whereas LH binding was still normal. After 24 hr LH/HCG responsive AC was lost, whereas LH binding only showed a marginal decrease. During the next 2-3 days there was a gradual loss of LH/HCG receptors, which reached a nadir at day 4 (14% of control levels). At day y and 9 following the hCG injection LH/hCG receptors and LH/hCG responsive AC gradually returned towards normal. Fluoride (F-) stimulated AC activity showed only minor changes throughout the period investigated. The initial loss of AC responsiveness to hCG was associated with maximal levels of circulating hCG. However, desensitization persisted for several days after hCG was cleared form the circulation. AC desensitization preceded LH receptor downregulation and may support the notion that uncoupling of the catalytic subunit of the AC from Leydig cell LH/hCG receptors is a requirement for subsequent receptor internalization.

Keep in mind this paper doesn't show the results of repeated exposures to HCG though.

I'll keep looking for the other paper too.

what
    Last edited by flexshack; 04-07-2006 at 05:00 AM.

Thread Information