magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member

not one of the best days...

let me start by syaing i didn;t know where to put this and since this is where i am most of the time i figured ill put it here.. if it needs to be moved then feel free (case i don;t knwo how to move it)
    anyway today im in the gym... and it's leg day. so im doing squats and such and then move over to hit hammys... well i usually do abs on mon wed fri as well so i figured i would superset them with my hams..(sincei had a hockey gaem and was a little crunched for time) so i go to do some hanging leg raises. and im going and all the sudden i feel like this pop in my lower abdoman... so i stop and im sitting there like son of a bitch... Im not real sure but i think i could have possible gotten a hernia... it really sucks cause im only five weeks in and the only way to fix this is surgery so that means i would have to stop now.. right when it's getting good... Im really praying it's just a pull or a strain but i had two hernias when i was like 8 years old (one on each side) and this little bump im feeling is right under the scar from the previous one... it sort of feels like i have one on both sides like its almost normal (so this is why im hoping/ praying it's just a pull) its little sore from hockey so im currently icing and i hope it isn;t serious... what do the docs think???? does it sound like a hernia or am i lucky with a pull...
    --also if i did need surgery would i necessarily HAVE to stop?? (probably would huh)

sorry fellas.. im a little pissed off over all this and i coudn;t just sit here and be pissed so i thought i would write this out.

grave digger is offline Junior Member
    Hopefully it's just a pull bro....is there a lump where you felt it pop?

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    i hope it works out well for you bro... im not qualified to give any kind of medical opinion, id just go see the doctor asap...

or a trainer if you have access to one for hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by grave digger
    Hopefully it's just a pull bro....is there a lump where you felt it pop?
    its really hard to tell.... i thoguht i felt one.. but then i fel the other side and i thought i felt something similiar.. so i have no idea. ill just give it some time if it doesn;t get any better then i guess i know what i have to do stop using the secret sauce lol....

quebecbulk is offline Associate Member
    beleive me if you have a hernia you will know.....i say this since i have been a victim of 2 while training. Doing the roman chair and one popped out next to my belly button( worst pain ever ) and then another time while doing heavy squats( groin this time, although i had since i was a kid ).

Just get it checked out after you re cycle is over.

NO, not always will you know.
    My buddy whined at work for months until I said DUDE! Go to the Doc or Shut Up!
    You whine everyday but don't do anything about it! I'll pay for it (he didn't have Ins)
    Long and short of it, he'd had a hernia for over 2 months....And Framing with it that way, lifting Header's the whole bit....
    Go get it checked, the surgery was only like 30-45 minutes once they started, we were in and out of there in like 4.5 hours total.
    TSW

Equiguns is offline Associate Member
    Some minor hernias dont need surgery, just dont do any heavy lifts, always wear a belt for anything that makes you strain or you feel pressure in your neck. usually when you feel pressure in your neck or strain anywhere that means you are in the position to get a hernia. I had one but they didnt do surgery because the doc said it will heal by itself. Just not to do any lifting. I still lifted anyway. And see a doctor before lifting again. If he says its not too bad and doesn't need surgery then do what i did and life no matter what he says.

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    I had a hernia when I was younger... actually 2 in my groin... well I thought I had another one.. i felt the strain then I thought I was hallucinating something there... and I was.. i was just trippin out but I did feel SOMETHING happen.... just not sure what... if you can DEFINETLY feel something then I would bet it's a hernia... get it fixed when you can but better sooner than later... you can still work out with it though from what I understand... and recovery is a few days if you get it done high tech.... good luck

just to let everyone know last night it was a little sore so i iced it and today it feels fine... i don;t know what it was, i could swear i felt a lump but like i said when i felt the other side i thoguht i felt a similiar one... today i can;t feel anything... im just gonna watch it over the next few days and if it starts to hurt or get worse or something lill definitly have it check out .. id rather get it fixed sooner then later so its not so bad..

Quote Originally Posted by magicstick2003
    just to let everyone know last night it was a little sore so i iced it and today it feels fine... i don;t know what it was, i could swear i felt a lump but like i said when i felt the other side i thoguht i felt a similiar one... today i can;t feel anything... im just gonna watch it over the next few days and if it starts to hurt or get worse or something lill definitly have it check out .. id rather get it fixed sooner then later so its not so bad..
    I think you may have gotten one of those isolated cramps, they can be extremely intense.
    I got one the other night when the Wife and I were uh......excersizing
    TSW

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    u can have a rupture which u would have felt right away. or u may have a partial tear which might and might not be painful. even if the swelling goes down it still may be torn and heavy lifting may rupture it. on the bright side hernia surgery is same day in and out, and if im not mistaken u can resume regular activities within 7 days.

Thread Information