DoctaBig is offline Member

First Cycle Update

Well the fun starts now!!!

Ok, i'm about halfway through week 5 of my first cycle that looks like this:

Test E 500mg qw (mon/thur) 13 weeks
    EQ 400mg qw (mon/thur) 12 weeks
    pct/anti-e yada yada

I think things are starting to rock and roll for me (5 weeks seems kinda late though....all well). One thing i have noticed is that the pumps from eq are AWESOME i have never had the kind of pumps i experience on this stuff. It seems like goofy muscle groups get loaded with blood like my traps and calfs....crazy but i love it.

take a look at my gains and see what ya think

Stat...................Started..............Now
    Wt......................205...................219
    Chest..................46.5..................47.5
    quads..................24.....................24.5 serious leg injury prevents serious leg training
    calf.....................17.....................17 .75
    Arms...................15.5...................16.2 5 my arm genetics suck a$$
    Waist...................36......................37 tough to measure (belly button relaxed position)
    neck...................17.25..................17.7 5+
    calipers...............13mm..................14mm i hate calipers (1in above illiac crest)

Diet: it's so hard to eat properly. I'm not new to eating properly, but for some reason i always seem to have trouble getting way to full way to quick. I recently started using weight gainer shakes to help augment my caloric intake 2x per day (breakfast and pwo) plus 4 other meals. i think im getting around near 4000 kcal every day, which should be about right.

Strenght: not going up extremely fast, but it is going up. Flat bench is up about 25-30lb (8 rep set weights not max) from start of cycle...actually that is pretty good now that i think about it. everything else is going up steadily also.

Do my gains of late seem to be on par with norms?? I dont really know what to expect since this is my first go at AS. Am i at the point where gains are going to get better or will everything level out for awhile?

I have pic's but i want to wait awhile before i post em.

I have a quick question also. I'm haveing a problem with incline bench presses. they are my second excercise on chest day right after flat presses. For some reason they have been horrible lately. at the beginning of my cycle my sets looked like (65/8, 65/8, 70/8, 75/8) but now halfway through my cycle i cant do Sh|t, my set today was (65/8, 65/4, 55/6, 50/7). My body completely fails me for some reason. I have pretty good chest strength in general (flat bench is 215/8, 225/8, 235/8, 245/8). I'm getting really frustrated because i dont know what my deal is. Any suggestions for fixing this????

Thanks for all your help, i would have been lost without AR
    Last edited by jurichar; 03-25-2004 at 12:47 AM.

snowman is offline Senior Member
    Bro, in my opinion it's normal, to start seeing gains after 5 weeks, i usually start seeing hte difference at about 4 to 5 weeks my self... it will get better from here, but do keep on eating.

As for your incline press.... why not make that, your first exercise, every other week, rather then flat as your first exercise all the time... that may help you.

i think i'll give that a try, hopefully the same thing doesnt happen to my flat bench too..

any more input??

Quote Originally Posted by jurichar
    i think i'll give that a try, hopefully the same thing doesnt happen to my flat bench too..

any more input??
    It should not happen, if you do this every other week.

223 today i love this!!!!

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro just keep lifting / eating - you will grow and lifts will go up - be patient

are those not decent gains for week 6? i mean its almost 20 lbs....does this mean its gonna get better???

Quote Originally Posted by jurichar
    are those not decent gains for week 6? i mean its almost 20 lbs....does this mean its gonna get better???
    As long , you keep eating right, sleeping , working hard... ya, it will get better.

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    Test E and EQ take 4-5 weeks to kick in. That's why people like to jump start there cycles with dbol or suspension or prop for the first 4 weeks to give you a boost until the test e and eq kick in. You'll start seeing huge gains in the weeks to come. train hard. With the incline... try hitting incline first. If I see one exercise struggling, I hit that one first to get it up to par. My motto is hit the weakest exercise first.

yeah i was considering jump starting with prop or dbol but i figured it was my first cycle, and to keep it simple. chest is tomarrow, i'm definatly doing inclines first. i appreciate all the help

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteykauai
    it took my test 7 weeks before i started gaining
    yeah bro...long esters take for ever for some people like me and whitey...i really didnt have any "fun" until week 10 and on of my 15 weeks cycle last time with test e....long esters hate me

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    My motto is "Eat BIG and train like a motherf*cker"

GOD D AMNIT!!!!

went to the gym today and switched it up, did inclines first. I rocked the house, weights were way up in the 225 range (really good for me). Then flat bench rocked me; my first two sets on flats went fine, but my last two were completely HORRIBLE. I really mean horrible too, my flats are normally 215/8, 225/8, 235/8, 245/8. today it went 215/8, 225/8, 235/0 dropped it on my chest and physically could not lift it off. so i went down to 205 and only got 4 then my last set i did 135 just to see what was up...yeah...i only got like 5...which is completely retarded. then my final chest excercise went fine (incline flys) my weights went up again. aaaaaaargggg

what do i do??? should i try not to lift to failure on my first excercise/last set and work at more modest weights or do i just keep bustin ass and work through it??

Thread Information