• 2-4 years

23 50.00%
  • 4-6 years

6 13.04%
  • 6 years (and above)

12 26.09%
    Terinox is offline The One & Only

Training Before Steroids ???

Okay, how many years of training do you think you should AT LEAST have before getting into AAS? This is just a general question...put knowledge and age aside, just in terms of actually good training (diet is a given) is good enough?

Thnx
    Terinox

Pwrlftr is offline Banned

Minimum of 2 years...

You've GOT to have a solid foundation to build on. If you put on 20+ lbs of muscle in 10 weeks, you're could do some serious, possibly permanent damage, to your connective tissue. You've GOT to have a framework to add to first. Good luck and good lifting....pwrlftr

RUSSIANBEAR is offline Member
    I believe that i have gave it all i got naturally since 18. Hit the gym 5 days a week with almost no time off for three years strait. Personally i feel that you have to give it all you got till you hit your peak. On top of that you have to educate yourself and know what you are gettin yourself in. Pros vs. Cons.

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    I think about 2 years is good, provided you are very dedicated to the sport at that time. I think it takes that long to start appreciating the sport and the work that goes into the progres you make. The thing I love about bb is the more progress I make, the more I love the sport. Your physique alone totally tells the tale of the effort you've put in and when guys are asking you for advice because they admire the way you look when they see you at the gym, that's a good feeling.

I THINK IT DEPENDS ON AGE...

I'M STILL NEW TO THE AAS GAME BASICALLY BUT I DONT THINK 2 YRS IS ENOUGH FOR A 20-22 YR OLD. I THINK MAYBE 3-4 OF CONSISTANT TRAINING...BUT A 25 YR OLD...2-3 YRS MAYBE BUT LIKE I SAID IM STILL NEW..

Triple Plates is offline Associate Member
    I say 2-4 years, it all depends on the person (ex how fast they learn, how hard they train, how often etc). But for sure atleast 2

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    I say you shouldn't juice until you have honed your training routine to the max and need an edge to overcome your boundaries. You should also have tons of knowledge about steroids before you use them they will work better that way .

Socio is offline Associate Member
    I havent used AAS before but i know for sure that as you have said you should have a solid foundation , now i think it differs for induviduals , if one has the plan to compete in a IFBB NABBA etc to stand a fair chance they will need pharmacuticals but if you dont plan to compete why not try to atleast exaust all NATURAL path ways , most guys i talk to when they are younger LOVE the freaky look and lifting the HUGE weights , now in their early 30's are happier with the athletic look and lift more slow and controlled , so as i said unless u wanna jump on stage , give it a good 3-5 yrs NATURAL
    Last edited by Socio; 01-28-2002 at 12:04 AM.

jersey juice is offline Member

Re: Minimum of 2 years...

Originally posted by Pwrlftr
    You've GOT to have a solid foundation to build on. If you put on 20+ lbs of muscle in 10 weeks, you're could do some serious, possibly permanent damage, to your connective tissue. You've GOT to have a framework to add to first. Good luck and good lifting....pwrlftr
    ABSOLUTELY!!! I agree 100% and like his namesake I think you should start with strength training, not that BB bullshit!! Powerlifting builds a thicker foundation than isolated movements, just ask Arnold, Franco Columbo, Lou Ferrigno, even big Ron Coleman, they were all powerlifters, that is why they were always bigger than the average BB. Plus strength training works all the ligaments and tendons that otherwise might get neglected thereby causing serious injury, just like HHH...and yes that's what happens.

Cynical is offline Associate Member
    this is a good thread, though i dont know if one answer can be correct, in my opinion, you need to train untill you reach your natural limits, which could take 2 years or maybe much longer

ElRey2 is offline New Member

How long?

I think you should maximize your natural abilities first- several years.

buffgator is offline king of mass
    i started a 6 day training split when I was 16 I was only 120 lbs. Buy the time I was eighteen I was up to 195 all natural but between 18-19 I didnt gain a pound, and I was even more strict and knowledgeable than ever. The frustration was so much that one day I just said F#$K it and started using.

Thread Information