Thread: chest pains

starman is offline Junior Member

chest pains

I am having chest pain in between my pecs where there is no muscle.it feels like someone is holding the end of a broom stick against it.Does anyone know what it could be?

El Diablo is offline Banned
    Man thats weird i dunno....Think it could be your cycle??? If it gets worse dont hesitate to see a doctor bro. Best of luck.

quebecbulk is offline Associate Member
    i get that when i take a heavy dose of thermos (its your sternum ).

Is it possible that it could be from my heart?

BigSexy50 is offline Associate Member
    Is it a constant pain, or more of a pulsating, throbbing pain ???

48ngoin is offline Associate Member
    I used to get that when I was younger....are you active and in sports? My doctor then said that I had no visible (x-ray) damage, but that it is common for athletes to feel connective tissue stress/damage there. It's kind of bony there and the sternum is a connective center point for stress.

it feels like a constant pain

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    it could be gas.....even though there is no muscle you could have injured some tissue during a workout....never drop the weight on your chest when doing bench......take an aspirin.....if you experience any numbness go straight to the Doctor

No numbness at all.Thanks I will try not to drop weights on my chest.I really do appreciate the help.

No problem bro thats what we are here for!!! I figured it could have been the weights. I used to drop the weights on my chest about 10rs ago. If you have to drop the weights on your chest then you are not controling the weight and you need to lower the weight. The strength and size will come through controlled reps.

I may be way off base here, but I am going to take a shot. Once in high school I was trying really hard in the Spring to gain weight for football. So I started eating and eating. When I sat down for my 3 squares a day I tried to pack in as much as I could, actually severly overeating. I ended up with indigestion, and it felt like I was having a heat attack for three days. It hurt so much. Have you been eating a ton lately ??

I didn't drop weights on my chest

yes I have been eating alot and I had heartburn this morning

Just playin cuz....

Like I originally said....as long as your not having any numbness or heart palpatations then it's gas bro....peace

I know buddy, but seriously I appreciate the response

Could be indigestion, when it happened to me it was almost unbearable, pain was centered right between my pecs too. Try one of those OTC remedies from the drug store. If that doesn't help then I have no idea. Good luck bro !!!

I will try that ,thanks

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by starman
    yes I have been eating alot and I had heartburn this morning
    That's exactly what I though it was........you very well could have damaged the lining to your esphagus with the acid reflux.This will give you the type of pain your experiencing now.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Go get an EKG done. If it's cardiac you can die. If it's not at least you'll get some peace of mind. No one here is qualified to diagnose you over the internet so don't take any of the speculation as comfort. You need to be examined by a physician. I'd call tomorrow or go to the ER tonight if the pain becomes heavy and is accompanied by sweating and shortness of breath or radiates to the left arm, jaw or neck. I'm an RN in an ER. 75% of people we treat with chest pain are not cardiac. Don't gamble on not being one of the 25%.

Quote Originally Posted by starman
    .Thanks I will try not to drop weights on my chest.
    Am I the only person that thought this was the funniest response ever?

Sorken is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Am I the only person that thought this was the funniest response ever?
    No your not !

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexy50
    I may be way off base here, but I am going to take a shot. Once in high school I was trying really hard in the Spring to gain weight for football. So I started eating and eating. When I sat down for my 3 squares a day I tried to pack in as much as I could, actually severly overeating. I ended up with indigestion, and it felt like I was having a heat attack for three days. It hurt so much. Have you been eating a ton lately ??
    That same thing happened to me, not much fun. I never knew what it was til i started slowing the f^ck down when eating (not too long after LOL).

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    hey... I've been posting all kinds of stuff about chest pain... go see a doctor bro... if your stressing out nearly as much as I was then it's worth it... they will do an EKG and some blood work and rule out an MI.. hopefully your ok like me... although they still don't know what it is.. anyways.. good luck.. see a doctor asap..

Quote Originally Posted by markas214
    Go get an EKG done. If it's cardiac you can die. If it's not at least you'll get some peace of mind. No one here is qualified to diagnose you over the internet so don't take any of the speculation as comfort. You need to be examined by a physician. I'd call tomorrow or go to the ER tonight if the pain becomes heavy and is accompanied by sweating and shortness of breath or radiates to the left arm, jaw or neck. I'm an RN in an ER. 75% of people we treat with chest pain are not cardiac. Don't gamble on not being one of the 25%.
    Bingo.
    TSW

Honest Abe is offline Associate Member
    if the pain gets worse when you press on the spot you may have a bruised sternum or broken. you should be able to tell were the pain is coming form, weather its your asophagus or your sternum. i had a bruised sternum when i was younger form a fight i got in. i got punch square in the chest. it took about a year before all the discomfort was gone.

DoubleL is offline Junior Member
    In high school i had a few friends that jumped up in weight on their bench press extremely fast and ended up cracking their sternums. Craziness. They had to stop liftin' with their chest for about 2 months from what I can remember. That was a while back tho. Don't remember the details.

Thread Information