Thread: Classifieds?

CajunMuscle is offline Associate Member

Classifieds?

Any of the mods here ever think of starting a "classified" thread like they have over at mesomorphosis? I t hink that a classified section would go over well a AR due it having a much larger member base then meso, and its HUGE over there.

DocHoliday is offline Senior Member
    Cajun,

How do you know AR doesn't have it? Just because you don't see it doesn't mean SHEEET!

hmm guess u gotta point, just not as open as it is on meso. just wondering.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    I think a classified forum would be a great idea.

palequail is offline Banned
    I have thought about asking that....but do you wanna see some of the boys go down??? I believe a good source does well without needing to advertise, IMO.

i think it can be done in ways where it doesnt bring heat. i mean meso has a HUGE following on the classified boards and hasnt, to my knowledge, had any problems. think it will discourage alot of the scammers too.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMuscle
    i think it can be done in ways where it doesnt bring heat. i mean meso has a HUGE following on the classified boards and hasnt, to my knowledge, had any problems. think it will discourage alot of the scammers too.
    I think AR prides itself on the fact that it doens't allow the sale of illegal drugs...especially with all the busts lately....just my 2 cents...I really don't care though because I don't need a source.....
    Last edited by palequail; 03-26-2004 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMuscle

The classifieds at meso are cleared every so often now, but you may be able to find some posts over there where several people (people who were advertising on meso) were busted during a short period. Many of the best sources are now staying off of open boards like that. There are enough boards that have open posting like that (don't ask me for the names of them). Most of those boards with "classifieds" almost rotate around the open posting sections where as AR is information/education-based, and that's one of the reasons it's that much better than most.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    OH! I thought you guys were talking about classified forum for legal stuff like computer crap, TV's, mp3 players or whatever. A source forum on AR? No way!!

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    There will never be a classified section on this board. At least not while I am a MOD and I know the management of this board would never let that happen. We are here for educational purposes. Open source boards are just dissasters waiting to happen.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickson
    There will never be a classified section on this board. At least not while I am a MOD and I know the management of this board would never let that happen. We are here for educational purposes. Open source boards are just dissasters waiting to happen.
    Amen to that! I couldn't tell you how many times i've seen **** start over that dam classified section over at meso. Not to mention it's a haven for scammers.

Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    OH! I thought you guys were talking about classified forum for legal stuff like computer crap, TV's, mp3 players or whatever. A source forum on AR? No way!!
    thats what I thought too

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Yeah - I can speak for the management here and say a source board is never going to happen - feds are quite well aware that we are here - they also are aware that there is no source posting, open or secret and for this reason they mostly leave us alone and focus on other boards....like meso - or so they have physically told us

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    What about a normal classified forum for legal stuff, cyc?

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickson

If you didn't say it, I would have. That is probably the worst idea I have heard since I joined the board years ago. This isn't a freaking mexican market.

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    What about a normal classified forum for legal stuff, cyc?

Think about it. This is a website named Anabolic Review, with a Steroid Questions forum. A classified forum would draw the wrong kind of attention to this site and give people misconceptions about the site.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Um no. I'm a member on 20 other boards and i'd say about 12 of them have a classified forum for legal stuff. It wouldn't draw any kind of bad attention to the board. I think it would be cool to have a buy / sell forum at AR

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Good sources never put ads in the classifieds.

MrDezel is offline Banned
    the classified section on mesomorphis is pretty shady if you ask me. Think about it if you can access it then feds can see it too. Brings nothin but heat where it is not needed.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    I won't be a part of any board that openly advertises steroids for sale or has a "classifieds" sections for juice...I like my freedom...

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Even a classified section for things of a legal nature would take a staff of full-time mods just to watch over it! These guys are busy enough just watching out for the bone heads who can't seem to read the rules and make bad posts, much less looking at every single post made in a classified section to make sure it is allowed or legit. It's just not a good idea, or one that I;m sure any of the mods would like to be a babysitter in.

You want to sell your car, go to ebay or Auto Trader. You need an MP3 player, go to ebay or Best Buy. This is JMO, but I'm sure I'm not the only one with a similar opinion.

BTW, why is this in the steroid forum?

-moto

willBbig1day is offline Junior Member
    Even though my local source isnt that good, me personally I would never buy off the internet especially from a classified section. Also I wouldnt want anything to happen to this site I have learned so much from here. Anyway why would this site need a classified just about everyone on here already has a source and so what if some peoples prices are a little high as long they are legit gear who cares, I know I am willing to pay alot more for security from someone I know than take a chance especially from someone off a classified. But that just my 2 cents.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzle
    Ya god**** right

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzle

I disagree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by monster.
    Ya god**** right
    I second that...Good sources will never want to be in the public eye. Unless you feel like going to jail!!!

Thread Information