Want2GetHuge is offline Associate Member

EQ and Propecia AKA Prosacar AKA Finasteride

Can anyone vaildate that 1-2mgs a day of Finasteride (Propecia or Proscar) will hinder the affects of EQ and by how much? THANKS!

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    By how much? How the heck are we supposed to measure that? Are you running the EQ by itself?

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Eq undergoes 5 alpha reductase, but becomes Dihydroboldenone. DHB has very little androgenic effect as compared to DHT. Finasteride won't affect the EQ like it would test, maybe not even noticeably. There really is no reason to take it for EQ. Test on the other hand, Finasteride makes a big difference in androgen levels, not a bad idea to take it if you want to avoid a little acne and hair loss.

I will be running it at aroun 500m per week and test e @ 600 mg per week for 13 weeks. I am trying to figure out how much the Propecia will affect my gains.

Finasteride is a 5-alpha reductase enzyme inhibitor. The 5-alpha reductase enzyme reduces testosterone to DHT, EQ to DHB. finasteride will prevent the Boldenone from becoming DHB, but DHB isnt what makes EQ a good steroid . DHT on the other hand,is instrumental in the effectiveness of testosterone. That is much of the reason why we are so adamant about including test in every cycle, even though most AR members have no idea why. We include test because IT IS highly androgenic . This prevents androgenic/anabolic dissociation, and adds the many benefits of DHT on the neuromuscular system. I have never run a cycle without finasteride, but I have to assume from the research done on DHT, that I am robbing myself of much of the gains associated with testosterone.

D@MN THAT SUCKS! Hmmm... what to do... what to do!

helios is offline Associate Member
    I run finesteride with the two cycles I have run so far. Personally, I would rather keep the hair on my head than get 5 extra lbs.

-Helios

Solrock is offline Member
    finesteride severly hampers my libido and ability to get an erection, even with 500+ mgs of test. It does not have this effect on everyone, but for me, it is fairly pronounced.

I would argree with helios, saving your hairline is worth 5 lbs. Just my 2 cents.

LeafsFan is offline Associate Member
    Btw, how expensive is proscar? $150 for 30x5mg?

I got mine for 75.00 (30 x 5) from drugstore.com but you have to have a prescription. Your doc will probably give it to you with no problems!

I could care less about the five pounds also, I have many years of weightlifting in me. However it would suck to be bald at 23 years old. I really hate having to take finasteride. It makes me lazy, less libidinous, less aggressive, poorer mood, water retention, the list goes on. Weighing the pros and cons, I wonder if its even worth taking. When all my friends are on cycle, they're a bunch of arrogant, cocky, king of then world, horny 24/7 people. I don't get any of these benefits (which are caused by androgens). I get veiny, I retain water, I get stronger, but no secondary benefits.

If anything it gets worse for me. Fina was really bad. Even at 700mg/wk of test I felt like a wimp, even though after ten weeks I was starting to look like the missing link. I feel much better now running on just the hormones God gave me.

This is my expierience, and certainly is not universal. I do think that much more credit needs to be given to androgens, specificly DHT in steroid usage. Along the same lines, I also believe more consideration should be given to androgenic /anabolic dissociation. We at AR do a good job of it by recomending test as the base of all cycles. However, in my case the addition of a reductase inhibitor makes test worthless and a waste of money. I might as well be running a deca only cycle. Ultimately, you will have to find out how it affects you individualy. many people on this board claim that finasteride doesnt restrain them at all while on cycle. I just wonder if they, like me, have also never run a cycle without the stuff.

LeafsFan is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Want2GetHuge
    I got mine for 75.00 (30 x 5) from drugstore.com but you have to have a prescription. Your doc will probably give it to you with no problems!
    What did you tell your doc to get the prescription?

I'm 22 and I think I'm susceptible to hair loss seeing my mom's dad didn't have a single hair on his head by the time he was 30... but I've been lucky so far and don't show any signs so how would I get my doc to give me a prescription?

I definitely want to be cautious hence why I'm opting for 1.25mg of proscar ED while on this cycle.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I am on avodart which has a 92% dht blocking level vs. 70% for proscar. I saw good gains on 2 test only cycles in the last year. It doesn't keep me down from the libido side effects, I get them even while on avodart. I think it does hinder gains but each person will respond differently. With proscar you still have 30% of the DHT you would have had vs. only 8% with avodart. The only way to see exactly how it effects you is to experiment. I saw good gains while on avodart so I figure no need to risk going bald by experimenting with test and no dht blocker.

Leafs fan. Tell your doc this -

I have noticed the last few years that my hair has been falling out more than before and I have DEFINATELY (YOU MUST BE CONVINCING) noticed some thinning. Male pattern baldness runs in my family and I want to start taking Finasteride. Tell him that your dad's doc (or other fam relatives doc) prescribed him proscar so he could save MASSIVE amounts of money by splittling the pill into 1/4ths. If youve got a good doc he'll do it for you! If not, you can get Proscar (the 5mg finasteride tabs) over the internet without prescription but they are alot more expensive. Drugstore.com has the BEST deals around but you have to have a prescription. Mine filled locally was going to be 110.00 and I got it for 75.00 for 30 x 5mg tabs. Hope this helps!

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    I just went to my doc, told him I was paranoid about my hair and that I'm prone to MPB. I askede for an avodart script and got it...

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfist
    I just went to my doc, told him I was paranoid about my hair and that I'm prone to MPB. I askede for an avodart script and got it...

Welcome to a full head of hair! heheh! Ok maybe, or maybe not, but it is the best anti-hairloss drug on the market! I am still seeing regrowth along my hairline and overall thicking of my hair after 1 year. I love the stuff! Just don't get down if you get bad shedding. I had 2 bad shedding cycles that lasted about 3 weeks each. But, after they ended I had great regrowth. Good luck bro!

And

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    However, in my case the addition of a reductase inhibitor makes test worthless and a waste of money. I might as well be running a deca only cycle

That seems like a outrageous claim to me bro. Not to flame, but you are saying that test with a reductase inhibitor makes test worthelss and a waste of money? Come on! Bro I train natural, use avodart and I can still make gains. That is with my natural test levles, so I really don't think if I added test to my body it would be a waste. Maybe you are a rare case I don't know, but that just really surprised me to read.

Peace,

CC

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonCopy
    That seems like a outrageous claim to me bro. Not to flame, but you are saying that test with a reductase inhibitor makes test worthelss and a waste of money? Come on! Bro I train natural, use avodart and I can still make gains. That is with my natural test levles, so I really don't think if I added test to my body it would be a waste. Maybe you are a rare case I don't know, but that just really surprised me to read. CC
    My wording is very strong, and perhaps a little exagerated, but it applies to me and my expierience. As I stated in my post, it is not universal. Yes, I still make gains on test while taking a reductase inhibitor. However, taking the reductase inhibitor negates the reason for taking it in the first place, the androgenic properties of testosterone .

Is test still a good steroid even in the presence of a reductase inhibitor? Yes. Is it better than tren (which is unaffected by 5-alpha reductase)?
    Maybe.

Fartdaemon is offline Member
    Why don't you include tren with your test, that will give you the missing androgenic componets your where looking for. Tren is a form of Nandrolone , which does convert by the 5-alpha reductase into a the form of "DHN". So an reductase inhibitor will help stop most ofthe conversion.

From what I have read, Nandrolone combined with finasteride will work fine, it is just a myth about Nandrolone casuing drastic hairloss when they both are taken.

Thread Information