m16a2 is offline Senior Member

Low body temperature

I have Mallett's test for the morning body temp where I check the temp before even getting out of bed in the morning. In three days I have measured 97.6, 96.8, 96.8... Are these measurements low or what? My daytime body temp is usually 97's at all times. What does this tell me? I remember even during DNP cycles I was around 97-99, never rose higher at rest.

I'm trying to figure out if this is significant.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    Are you on cycle at all?? Usually if your not on cycle anywhere from 97-99 degrees at rest is fine.

I am not on cycle. My last cycle ended about a year ago.

bake is offline Junior Member
    Everybody in the medical industry I have asked has always told me that it's no big deal. When I feel like a million bucks my temp 97.6 and I asked a few doc friends about it they said that it is normal.

Bake

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rampage76
    I have Mallett's test for the morning body temp where I check the temp before even getting out of bed in the morning. In three days I have measured 97.6, 96.8, 96.8... Are these measurements low or what? My daytime body temp is usually 97's at all times. What does this tell me? I remember even during DNP cycles I was around 97-99, never rose higher at rest.

I'm trying to figure out if this is significant.
    The problem isn't so much whether your temp is low or high...it's the stability of your temp. A temp of 97.6 is very good, that's just at the low end of optimal, but a temp that rises and falls more than .5 deg Is a sign of stress in the body. A few things can contribute to this, lack of sleep, overtraining, and lack of nutrition. If your temp was 97.6 every day for a week, then it was 97.0 one morning, your body is telling you that you are still stressed from the previous day, and that puts you in a catabolic state, so training on a day with a fallen temp is not going to do you any good, you only grow when your body is in an anabolic state. People however with really low resting temps, usually have a harder time losing fat, protein synthesis isn't as effecient, and the conversion of carbohydrates. There are three things that contribute to your metabolic code: thyroid, adrenals, and digestion...And most doc's BTW no sh!t about your endocrine system, doctors are never really concerned with optimal, they just want you in a "NORMAL" range.

Quote Originally Posted by bake
    Everybody in the medical industry I have asked has always told me that it's no big deal. When I feel like a million bucks my temp 97.6 and I asked a few doc friends about it they said that it is normal.

Bake
    What does this mean? what's no big deal? your health?

Quote Originally Posted by Ammar
    Are you on cycle at all?? Usually if your not on cycle anywhere from 97-99 degrees at rest is fine.
    That's to vague of a range... the correct range is this: 97.6-98.2

Quote Originally Posted by Mallet
    That's to vague of a range... the correct range is this: 97.6-98.2

Well bro, the whole reason I ever did this test was because of your posts and the information you provided. I am starting to think that's why I have a hard time loosing fat. I often have to go all out to drop a few pounds, but putting on fat is a very fast occasion. One week, I can pack on weight (on vacation). And loosing that same weight takes freaking many weeks or months. It is a very stressful situation and I think that the body temp might be leading to the reason. I have dieted very strictly without much effect on the bf%. It usually takes very strict diet and a very intensive cardio routine to ever see results. Any suggestions bro? I would love to hear any advice you might have.

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Well bro, the whole reason I ever did this test was because of your posts and the information you provided. I am starting to think that's why I have a hard time loosing fat. I often have to go all out to drop a few pounds, but putting on fat is a very fast occasion. One week, I can pack on weight (on vacation). And loosing that same weight takes freaking many weeks or months. It is a very stressful situation and I think that the body temp might be leading to the reason. I have dieted very strictly without much effect on the bf%. It usually takes very strict diet and a very intensive cardio routine to ever see results. Any suggestions bro? I would love to hear any advice you might have.

bet ya ain't sweating all the time, mine runs alittle high has been that way my entire life, makes me sweat all the time now with tren , it just gets way outta hand

My advise to you would be to P/U some acti-cyclase and take 1 tab 3 times a day to help regulate your temp, you can get this at any local health store I would imagine...It may go under the name T5 in the US...your looking for something that contains forskolin...Increasing tyrosine (amino acid) and Iodine in your diet will help with the production of T4 also...If your temp still fails to reach a stable reading in the mid to high 97's then we'll take a look at your adrenals (the stress hormone producer). Continue to monitor your temp in the morning and PM me with the results,try to back off on the trainig a litlle also, if your training 5 days a week , back it off to 4 days for a couple of weeks, try to get atleast 8 hours sleep for the next week, all these small changes might get you back on track...if not we'll do a test for your adrenal function, and then your immune system etc...

Quote Originally Posted by DARKSEID
    bet ya ain't sweating all the time, mine runs alittle high has been that way my entire life, makes me sweat all the time now with tren, it just gets way outta hand
    Keep in mind your outside temp, has nothing to do with your core temp! Alot of people sweat bullets all day with a very low BT, and there are people who never even break a sweat, yet there BT is optimal or on the high side! Ask yourself...who do you see sweating the most...the really lean guy, who doesn't even get out of breath running, or the FAT guy who's soaked just trying to walk on the treadmill!

My advise to you would be to P/U some acti-cyclase and take 1 tab 3 times a day to help regulate your temp, you can get this at any local health store I would imagine...It may go under the name T5 in the US...your looking for something that contains forskolin...Increasing tyrosine (amino acid) and Iodine in your diet will help with the production of T4 also...If your temp still fails to reach a stable reading in the mid to high 97's then we'll take a look at your adrenals (the stress hormone producer). Continue to monitor your temp in the morning and PM me with the results,try to back off on the trainig a litlle also, if your training 5 days a week , back it off to 4 days for a couple of weeks, try to get atleast 8 hours sleep for the next week, all these small changes might get you back on track...if not we'll do a test for your adrenal function, and then your immune system etc...
    Alright bro, I'll give it a shot. My 4 day average is around 96.9. I know when I get on cycle it'll rise a bit, but it is probably best to get it taken care of now.

Alright bro, I'll give it a shot. My 4 day average is around 96.9. I know when I get on cycle it'll rise a bit, but it is probably best to get it taken care of now.
    It's good to know what your BMR is before taking any kind of supps...AAS, GH, clen , thyroid meds, ECA can and do effect your BMR for sure. But we don't want you to have to live on any of those supps just to maintain an optimal metabolic rate!

It's good to know what your BMR is before taking any kind of supps...AAS, GH, clen, thyroid meds, ECA can and do effect your BMR for sure. But we don't want you to have to live on any of those supps just to maintain an optimal metabolic rate!
    Right, so do you think this is gonna cure anything that's wrong. Like I said, I havn't done anything in a long time now. And I am healthy enough to make it through some intensive training, so I don't think I'm in any danger of harming myself, but I would like to optimize anything I can.

Right, so do you think this is gonna cure anything that's wrong. Like I said, I havn't done anything in a long time now. And I am healthy enough to make it through some intensive training, so I don't think I'm in any danger of harming myself, but I would like to optimize anything I can.
    I don't think you have anything to worry about, your RT isn't all that bad, as I said before, it could be just lack of rest, overtraining etc...but it doesn't hurt to have a starting point to go by!

Thread Information