BIGSNOR is offline Associate Member

How to Properly Pull the Needle Out

hey, just wondering..... I've been bleeding alot after shots lately, I was just wondering what is the proper way to pull the needle out of your body....... slow and gradual or real quick like the dr.'s do it. Im also going to try pulling the skin tight and then releasing it after I pull the needle out I hear this helps on the blood. and yes I am aspirating.. and I do let the needle stay in for awhile after I inject. Just wanted to see your opinions.

tbrocato is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGSNOR
    hey, just wondering..... I've been bleeding alot after shots lately, I was just wondering what is the proper way to pull the needle out of your body....... slow and gradual or real quick like the dr.'s do it. Im also going to try pulling the skin tight and then releasing it after I pull the needle out I hear this helps on the blood. and yes I am aspirating.. and I do let the needle stay in for awhile after I inject. Just wanted to see your opinions.

Just pull it out fast. Sometimes I bleed and others times I dont. Just apply pressure after and put a bandaid on it and your good to go

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    what size gauge needle are you using?

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Pulling the skin tight may help, but give this a try first:

-pick your injection site
    -pull the skin of the injection site to the side
    -inject
    -pull needle out
    -allow skin to move back in place

This works well for me.

I have used 20 gauge before....and didnt bleed. like a mini sword going in ;P
    Last edited by tbrocato; 03-29-2004 at 06:21 PM.

omen78 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside
    i snap mine off........ keeps the hole plugged......... no no no..... if u bleed alot its cause you nicked a vein usually.. no biggy.... use the techniqe above and it will help...
    Your twisted bro...

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside
    i snap mine off........ keeps the hole plugged.........

no no no..... if u bleed alot its cause you nicked a vein usually.. no biggy.... use the techniqe above and it will help...
    I actually read a story somewhere where a guy was inecting himself and the tip of the needle actually broke of and got stuck in his glute, it got infect to say the least and the guy ended up in the hospital and they had to drain the site and pull the tip out.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    Pulling the skin tight may help, but give this a try first:

-pick your injection site
    -pull the skin of the injection site to the side
    -inject
    -pull needle out
    -allow skin to move back in place

This works well for me.
    I pull mine back out slowly, but the speed at which you remove the needle doesn't matter as long as you're careful.

What Inheritmylife has described (above) is called the z-track method, which can be used to minimize post-injection bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    I pull mine back out slowly, but the speed at which you remove the needle doesn't matter as long as you're careful.

What Inheritmylife has described (above) is called the z-track method, which can be used to minimize post-injection bleeding.

I personaly like to bleed... just me dont know

Mack-Attack is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrocato
    I have used 25 gauge before....and didnt bleed. like a mini sword going in ;P
    lol dude i used redijects one time and they came with 18 gauges, i didnt know it was legal to buy syringes, very bad...

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE

I knew it had a name, just couldnt remember it. I think there is an article describing it on http://www.spotinjections.com

Long&Strong is offline Associate Member
    not to hi-jack, but has anyone had a problem with the tip of the needle scratching them as they are pulling it out due to the funny positioning you are in while injection in the glute?....I have

JoeB is offline Associate Member
    When injecting, pull the skin slightly (by placing a thumb or finger on the injection area and moving slightly to one side), then inject. When you pull out, the skin will move back into place. In this way the hole in the skin is not in the same spot as the hole in the muscle and no blood.

BIGSNOR is offline Associate Member
    worked like a charm boys...... best injection i've had in a long time.... seemed like it stung more when the needle went in than usual. But me not squirting blood like an oil derrick is well worth it. thanks again bro's.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    I knew it had a name, just couldnt remember it. I think there is an article describing it on http://www.spotinjections.com
    I had posted a link to the nursing guide for intramuscular injections a while ago. The link includes instructions on the z-track method. I've bumped the thread back to the top, but here's a direct link to the nursing site:
    http://www.breastcancerprofessional....nc/nursing.pdf

stremf is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Testsubject
    I actually read a story somewhere where a guy was inecting himself and the tip of the needle actually broke of and got stuck in his glute, it got infect to say the least and the guy ended up in the hospital and they had to drain the site and pull the tip out.
    It can happen, I never push the needle all the way in just b/c of this. If it breaks you can still pull it out w/o going to the hospital and trying to explain yourself.

Thread Information