LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member

Chaste Berry subsides prolactin of deca/tren?

Anyone ever heard of the affects of Chaste Berry to subside prolactin affects caused by deca and tren?

Chaste Berry is thought to be able to help regulate the hormones because of its effects on pituitary function. When Chaste Berry is taken as a dietary supplement, the pituitary produces lutenizing hormone (LH) which then produces more progesterone at the second phase (luteal phase) of the woman's cycle. Chaste Berry also is able to decrease high levels of prolactin, a hormone that is normally produced in the second phase of a women's cycle. When prolactin is present in large amounts it produces breast tenderness, a common symptom of PMS 1,3.

Though Chaste Berry's effects sound very specific, its overall action is as a hormonal regulator. When there is not enough progesterone being produced in the body, Chaste Berry has been observed to increase progesterone production 1. On the other hand, when there is a lack of estrogen, Chaste Berry is thought to be able to normalize the progesterone/estrogen ratio 4,5.

Progesterone can be a prolactin receptor agonist, so using chaste berry sounds counterintuitive. Maybe that description you cited is just somewhat oversimplified, and I'm missing something. I honestly haven't looked into chaste berry, but I've seen it mentioned before.
    Pheedno?

Seen it mentioned a few times over on the other board we hang out at. Meso? I came across a post talking about it. So I did some research on it and this is what I found. There seems to be no extended info on meso or here.
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Progesterone can be a prolactin receptor agonist, so using chaste berry sounds counterintuitive. Maybe that description you cited is just somewhat oversimplified, and I'm missing something. I honestly haven't looked into chaste berry, but I've seen it mentioned before.
    Pheedno?

ya know what...scratch that last post. I do see some extended info on here. I was spelling it with as chastel not chaste. Seems it is also called vitex. 1 gram of vitex (chaste berry) daily for therapy.

Einstein check this post out. We both came across this subject few weeks ago and commented. I had forgotten. I just came across someone else mentioning chaste berry as another method to B6 or bromo. Who could figure...

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...t=chaste+berry

I remember that thread. I'll do some searching on exactly how vitex might work....keep in mind that when we mentioned B6 on meso, they thought it was some kind of witchcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyRoids
    ya know what...scratch that last post. I do see some extended info on here. I was spelling it with as chastel not chaste. Seems it is also called vitex. 1 gram of vitex (chaste berry) daily for therapy.

Einstein check this post out. We both came across this subject few weeks ago and commented. I had forgotten. I just came across someone else mentioning chaste berry as another method to B6 or bromo. Who could figure...

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...t=chaste+berry

LOL..did they really? I posted up the study and research behind the theory just to back it up. That's funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    I remember that thread. I'll do some searching on exactly how vitex might work....keep in mind that when we mentioned B6 on meso, they thought it was some kind of witchcraft.

Pheedno says Vitex is an herbal form of bromo, according to some older posts.
    The following was originally posted by "Naturally Anabolic "

Vitex acts on the diencephalohypophyseal system _p; in other words, the hypothalamus and pituitary.
    Vitex increases LH production and mildly inhibits the release of FSH. The result is a shift in the ratio of estrogen to progesterone, in favor of proges-terone. This is, in fact, a corpus luteum like hormone effect. The ability of Vitex to raise or modulate progesterone levels in the body is therefore an indirect effect and not a direct hormonal action. This is in contrast to other phytomedicines, like Black cohosh, frequently used in gynecology because of their direct binding of estrogen receptors ("phyto-estrogens").
    Vitex also modulates the secretion of prolactin from the pituitary gland. Early animal studies indicated an increase in lactation and enlargement of the mammary gland following administration of Vitex.It is interesting to note that Vitex has been historically used as a lactagogue (substance to increase milk production) in lactating women with poor breast milk production. As we will note below, clinical studies have confirmed this effect.
    Current research with Vitex has indicated usefulness in hyperprolactinemia. In studies with rats, Vitex was shown to inhibit prolactin release by the pituitary gland _p; particularly under stress. The mechanism of action appears to involve the ability of Vitex to directly bind dopamine receptors and subsequently inhibit prolactin release in the pituitary. Slight hyperprolactinemia is commonly associated with corpus luteum insufficiency.

I'm personally not sold on vitex being a good "cure" for prog/prolactin gyno. Vitex modulates pituitary release of prolactin...that's great and all, but I'm under the impression that deca and fina can convert to progestins (progesterone-like), which can then stimulate the prolactin receptors in the mammary....pituitary prolactin release not being much of a factor.

I'm very open to being corrected/clarified.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    I'll add a little,for those who don't know what this is.

Herb Information Name: Vitex
    Biological Name: Vitex negundo, Vitex agnus castus
    Other Names: Five Leafed Chaste Tree, Chasteberry, Nirgundi, Sambhalu, vitex, Agnus-castus, chaste tree, monk’s pepper, cloister pepper
    Indrani, Nirgandhi, Nochi

Description:

This plant is indigenous to the Mediterranean countries and Central Asia. It is also found in parts of India and in Burma. The dried fruit, which has a pepper-like aroma and flavor, is used in western herbalism.

Parts Used: Roots, root, flowers, leaves, bark
    Active Compounds:
    Chasteberry has not been significantly investigated for its therapeutic effects. However, preliminary investigations do indeed show the presence of compounds which are able to adjust the production of female hormones.

It is thought to contain a progesterone-like compound The chemical constituents are the monoterpenes agnuside, eurostoside, and aucubin. Chasteberry also contains the flavonoids casticin, chryso-splenol and vitexin.

Animal studies have shown that extracts of Agnus castus can stimulate the release of Leutenizing Hormone (LH) and inhibit the release of Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH). Another study found that extracts of Chasteberry can stimulate the release of Leutenizing Hormone (LH) and inhibit the release of Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH). This hormonal effect has been confirmed in another laboratory report which suggests that the volatile oil has a progesterone-like effect.

Thus, Vitex's benefits stem from its actions upon the pituitary gland—specifically on the production of luteinizing hormone. This increases progesterone production and helps regulate a woman’s cycle. Vitex also keeps prolactin secretion in check. The ability to decrease excessive prolactin levels may benefit infertile women

History:
    Chasteberry has been used since ancient times as a female remedy. One of its properties was to reduce sexual desire, and it is recorded that Roman wives whose husbands were abroad with the legions spread the aromatic leaves on their couches for this purpose. It became known as the chasteberry tree.

During the Middle Ages, Chasteberry's supposed effect on sexual desire led to it becoming a food spice at monasteries, where it was called "Monk's pepper" or "Cloister pepper."

In tradition, it was also known as an important European remedy for controlling and regulating the female reproductive system. Long used to regularize monthly periods and treat amenorrhea and dysmenorrhea, it also helped ease menopausal problems and aided the birth process.
    Hippocrates, Dioscorides, and Theophrastus mention the use of vitex for a wide variety of conditions, including hemorrhage following childbirth, and also to assist with the “passing of afterbirth.” Decoctions of the fruit and plant were also used in sitz baths for diseases of the uterus.

Medicinal Applications
    Action

Leaves-anti-parasitical, alterative, aromatic, vermifuge, pain reliever.

Root-tonic, febrifuge, expectorant, diuretic.

Fruit-nervine, cephalic, emmanagogue.

Dried fruit-vermifuge

Vitex is useful for the treatment of:

Amenorrhea
    Catarrh
    Cholera
    Colic
    Diarrhea
    Dysmenorrhea
    Dyspepsia
    Ear disorders
    Endometriosis
    Fever
    Fibrocystic Breast Disease
    Headache
    Heart Disease
    Hemicrania
    Hemorrhoids
    Infertility (Female)
    Liver disorders
    Malaria
    Menopause
    Menorrhagia (Heavy Menstruation)
    Menstrual Difficulties (Secondary Amenorrhea)
    Nausea
    Premenstrual Syndrome
    Rheumatism
    Skin diseases
    Ulcers
    Worms

A study conducted in London (double blind study) showed a 60% group reduction or elimination of PMS symptoms such as anxiety, nervous tension, insomnia, or mood changes, from subjects who were taking dried agnus castus capsules.

Employing an aqueous extract from the fruit, a 1979 study reported good results on premenstrual water retention. Women were able to sustain a good level of milk production for breast feeding while taking this herb. While it took some time for the drug to take effect, the women were able to continue the use of the drug for months without harmful side effects.

Leaves are insect repellents. It is also useful for rheumatic swellings. Root juice is said to increases the growth of hair. Decoction of leaves may improve eyesight.

Dosage:
    Fruit powder-sugar/water or honey paste, decoction; powder, tincture, decoction, poultice

Many people take 40 drops (in a glass of water) of the concentrated liquid herbal extract in the morning.

Vitex is also available in powdered form in tablets and capsules, again to be taken in the morning.

With its emphasis on long-term balancing of a woman’s hormonal system, vitex is not a fast-acting herb. For premenstrual syndrome or frequent or heavy periods, vitex can be used continuously for four to six months. Women with amenorrhea and infertility can remain on vitex for twelve to eighteen months, unless pregnancy occurs during treatment.

Safety:
    Side effects of using vitex are rare. Minor gastrointestinal upset and a mild skin rash with itching have been reported in less than 2% of the women monitored while taking vitex. Vitex is not recommended for use during pregnancy.

Use caution when taking any herb. Ayurvedic herbs are often taken in combination with others to neutralize the toxicity one herb with the opposing effect of other. Do not take except under the supervision of a qualified professional

Very good information guys. Thanks much. If it's easier to find chaste berry or Vitex. Sounds like another simple combat against the affects of progesterone as a prolactin receptor agonist.

How much would you take daily?

Thread Information