quebecbulk is offline Associate Member

resting heart rate?

what should be my testing heart rate? I am currently dieting for a show doing very low carbs.

Thanks

Swellin Guest
    Everybodies is somewhat different. It really depends on your cardiovascular health, along with about 412 other variables.
    I am about the same size as you...except add 15 pounds and 4% bf. I never do cardio, but my resting rate is in the upper 50's to lower 60's.

Are you using anything at this point? Clen jacks mine up to 85 BPM in about two days.

im using:750mg/sust wk
    600mg/deca wk

Plus a whole bunch of vitamins and antioxidants.

Do you think the low carb diet affects this.

BTW mine is about 60-65, i just though mine was a bit low

Swellin Guest
    Low is actually a good thing. Pro tennis players routinely get down below 40 BPM.
    I would think that a low carb diet might lower it some...but the sust & deca should kick it up a bit.
    Mine jumped when I started test e & deca. It leveled off and dropped back down though.

last question bro: why is it better to be low vs high?

Swellin Guest
    The lower your resting heart rate, the less times your heart has to beat in order to supply the entire body with enough blood. If there is a problem along the lines, the heart has to work harder, and increase the heart rate and BP. A lower resting heart rate usually indicates a better state of fitness. We know that the heart is central to your ability to perform in everything you do...if you can make it's work easier to perform....this will make your work easier to perform.

sounds good bro...thanks for putting my mind at ease!

Normal resting HR for an aldult is 60-100BPM.

houseofpain is offline Banned
    weight cardio health and lots of **** play a role bro...gonna have to do some work here

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Here's a copy of an article taken from the internet:

Resting heart rate is a wonderful way to measure improvements in your fitness level. By taking your resting heart rate before you start your lifestyle change you will have a wonderful tool to measure how much healthier your heart will become with regular exercise, since resting heart rate typically decreases as fitness level improves.

To take your resting heart rate, place your index and middle fingers together on the opposite wrist, about 1/2 inch on the inside of the joint, in line with the index finger. Fel for a pulse. When you find a pulse, count the number of beats you feel within a one minute period.

Resting heart rate is most accurately measured just before you get out of bed in the morning. Accuracy is even greater when you take your resting heart rate 3 mornings in a row and averaging them.

Normal resting heart rates are in a very wide range of numbers, which is why this test is not so much an measurement of you being compared to a norm, but more a measurement of you being compared to yourself over time. Ranges vary anywhere from 40 beats per minute up to 100 beats per minute. Ideally you want to be between 60-90 beats per minute. Average resting heart rate for a man is 70 beats per minute, and for a woman is 75 beats per minute.

Do keep in mind that an elevated resting heart rate might mean that you have not completely recovered from the most recent exercise session. If your resting heart rate is chronically high, and you are a regular vigorous exerciser, this could indicate that you are overtraining, and you should see a doctor.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 03-30-2004 at 10:26 AM.

Swellin Guest
    I forgot all about it being an indicator of overtraining....nice catch Bask8kace.

thanks for all the imput....basically i was just checking to make sure i was nt way of the chart.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    I've been monitoring mine for years as per Bask8case's post. One thing I've noticed is it goes WAY up during a cycle -like from under 50 to as much as 80. So that may be something to take into consideration.

My understanding is it's a normal side effect.

Thread Information