Propecia and Winstrol

I am new to the whole hairloss prevention thing as I have never had a problem, however this cycle I began experiencing some hairloss and now have propecia (1mg) and Nizoral Shampoo. My question is will propecia render winstrol ineffective and should I just avoid the winny altogether, I just have the zambons and I usually love them and wanted to run them along my eq, test. Thanks for the help.

finasteride is fine with winstrol (it won't affect its potency), but it won't prevent any hairloss due to winstrol

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    It wont work as Winstrol is already a DHT derivative, exactly what Propecia and Proscar are meant to prevent

so which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTJUICE007
    so which is it?
    It's both. It's the same answer. Bigun just explained it in more detail. Winny is already DHT-like, so finasteride won't make it less harsh on hair. Winny itself won't be affected by finasteride nor will it affect finasteride.

ok i got it, they are fine to run together, but finasteride will not prevent hairloss from winny nor will it make it less effective, but it will help with DHT converision of test.

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    Exactly, sorry if my answer seemed a bit vague

Thank you for your replies, I just wanted to make sure they iteracted OK.

righton is offline Senior Member
    I dunno, Propecia(finasteride) is supposed to help in the prevention of hair loss by not allowing the binding of DHT to the hair folical by binding to the DHT receptor on the hair folical itself, so winstrol shouldnt make a dif if run with finasteride.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by righton
    I dunno, Propecia(finasteride) is supposed to help in the prevention of hair loss by not allowing the binding of DHT to the hair folical by binding to the DHT receptor on the hair folical itself, so winstrol shouldnt make a dif if run with finasteride.

Nope, it's a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor, that is it prevents the conversion of other hormones into DHT. Think of it as an arimidex for DHT, not a nolvadex . Interestingly though, there would definitely be a market for a receptor site inhibitor.. or maybe one already exists and just doesn't have fda approval. Think, it could be used as a treatment for acne, prostate problems, hairloss, you name it. I think i'm going to head over to pubmed and check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by righton
    Like is said above, finasteride is a 5 a reductase inhibitor....although some people have said it may also alter binding at the AR....I doubt it.
    Spirolactone and minoxidil are topical AR blockers though.

i have the nizoral 1% can someone please PM with a good site to get the 2% domestic, suprisingly the 1% is helping but I need to get the 2% ASAP.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Look at this study on 1% Nizoral vs. 2%:

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...719#post909719

Thread Information