desertdude781 is offline New Member

hrt and cycle situation / question

I currently take test for HRT (hormone replacement therapy) because I aint making enough in myself...

I get blood work done, every now and again cause the doc wants to check things out, as we go (been doing the hrt for a while now - 1 1/2years)

so before I started a 'test' cycle (first one) I did my blood work to show whatever levels I was at before starting so it showed 'normal' to the doc... this showed what he wanted and was happy.

now, Im on my cycle for two weeks (maybe it was the first week) and the doc wanted to check 'other stuff': white/red cell counts, cholesterol , crap like that.. I didnt think this would really show anything 'abnormal' to him as he wasnt checking test levels...

results showed the red blood cells came back 'high' -- he thinks it's from the HRT dosages and is lowering them (From 150mg each week to 50!) .. wants to check test and red cell levels 'inbetween' my regular injection time so it would be at the lowest time (so to speak)

of course this wont be the case if I continue my cycle and i am thinking will show the high red cell count again...

so the question(s) I put out is:

do I stop my cycle, not taking shots for the two weeks prior to doing lab work, so that will hopefully show 'normal' or lower red cells, and then start back where I left off, or do I tell him whats going on ?

I figure once he knows im cycling he'll be pissed and stop all hrt treatments

but I dont know if just stopping and starting up will be good or what ... or will it matter on the lab results ?

Thanks

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I'd say stop, get all your HRT in order first then cycle. It seems funny that he cahecked you again unless he think your cycling. I've been on HRT for almost 2 years, he hasn't checked test levels for 6-9 months now. He will check them every year from what he told me.

JohnnyB

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by desertdude781
    I currently take test for HRT (hormone replacement therapy) because I aint making enough in myself...

I get blood work done, every now and again cause the doc wants to check things out, as we go (been doing the hrt for a while now - 1 1/2years)

so before I started a 'test' cycle (first one) I did my blood work to show whatever levels I was at before starting so it showed 'normal' to the doc... this showed what he wanted and was happy.

now, Im on my cycle for two weeks (maybe it was the first week) and the doc wanted to check 'other stuff': white/red cell counts, cholesterol , crap like that.. I didnt think this would really show anything 'abnormal' to him as he wasnt checking test levels...

results showed the red blood cells came back 'high' -- he thinks it's from the HRT dosages and is lowering them (From 150mg each week to 50!) .. wants to check test and red cell levels 'inbetween' my regular injection time so it would be at the lowest time (so to speak)

of course this wont be the case if I continue my cycle and i am thinking will show the high red cell count again...

so the question(s) I put out is:

do I stop my cycle, not taking shots for the two weeks prior to doing lab work, so that will hopefully show 'normal' or lower red cells, and then start back where I left off, or do I tell him whats going on ?

I figure once he knows im cycling he'll be pissed and stop all hrt treatments

but I dont know if just stopping and starting up will be good or what ... or will it matter on the lab results ?

Thanks
    I went through the same thing. I just told my Dr. my insurance won't pay for another blood test so soon, so he was cool and said we can do it several months from now...Also, remmeber he works for you.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    I went through the same thing. I just told my Dr. my insurance won't pay for another blood test so soon, so he was cool and said we can do it several months from now...Also, remmeber he works for you.
    Good point

JohnnyB

desertdude781 is offline New Member
    thanks bros --- after reading some similar posts last night, im leaning towards telling him to piss off doing the hrt since his dosages are so low compared to the current cycle im on that it's just not worth me going in there every two weeks getting a measly 50ml's --

I use to be able to get the pharmacy / insurance to send me the stuff in the mail (heaven!) but my company switched insurances so I have to drive in to get the sticks done by the nurse... it's interesting that he feels my rbc's are up because of test ... basically i've always had high rbc's -- when he tests just for test, it's in the mid range so two weeks ago he was happy with the dosage (150) and yesterday he got all wierd about it since my rbc's were high so cut it down to 50... since i can 'self medicate' i'd rather do my own thing.

I also agree that 'he works for me' so I'll take that approach if he gets even wierder about if I go in for the injects or not...

I feel like after two other failures trying AAS I finally have a good cycle going this time and i dont want to interrupt it... and im already thinking / planning the next one (after 10 weeks off of course)

.. have a HUGE GROW DAY ...

Thread Information