PurePower is offline Senior Member

Almost forgot.....kinda funny

Ok I went to my Doctor a few days ago to get a checkup and what not. I know the Doctor very well, he works out at my gym ( I could probably get AAS from him if I asked, but i can already get them) Anyways i asked him for a B-12 shot. He agreed and a few min later the nurse came in. I joked with her for a few min, telling her I was afraid of needles She claimed to be the BEST at giving shots. So she pulled out the needle and stuck it in my arm. About one second later she pushed in the plunger at 10000 miles an hour, in literally one second 1cc was in my delt ( I actually saw the skin rise on the injection site with the serum) It HURT LIKE HELL and B-12 shots dont hurt at all. I almost punched her in the face( not really but it pissed me off). It hurt for a couple of hours. Anyways I will NEVER get a shot again at the Doctors office unless he/she lets me do it, or THEY DO IT SLOW. Has anyone had similar experiences?

do nurses get trained like this? This cannot be the "ideal" way to do an injection.

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    do nurses get trained like this? This cannot be the "ideal" way to do an injection.
    I don't think so bro, most of the shots I've gotten from nurses went okay so far, I know a lot of times as you said they will jab it in you. Why do you take B-12 for metabolism? You can get that in pill for as well like B-6 can't you?

LOL at wanting to punch her though.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Holy crap too funny, I rememberd when I got my flu shot that I wanted to do it.... I should have asked. The shoot it way too fast, it freakin hurts.The skin raised up?!? thats nuts!

Na, I just take B-12 because it just makes me feel better in general. Yea you can take it in a pill form but it just doesnt make me feel as good =-)

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    .....Has anyone had similar experiences?
    Yes, every time I have received a shot from a nurse the syringe is plunged faster then you can say s**t. Usually they say 'take a deap breath' (they must go on the assumption most people hate needles) and its plunged before I'm done inhaling. However, every time a doc has given me a shot, it's been slow, even push and is always painless afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    Holy crap too funny, I rememberd when I got my flu shot that I wanted to do it.... I should have asked. The shoot it way too fast, it freakin hurts.The skin raised up?!? thats nuts!

Yea man the freakin skin raised up, then before i could say anything she mashed down on it....God it pissed me off.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Yea man the freakin skin raised up, then before i could say anything she mashed down on it....God it pissed me off.

Like mashed down with her hand??? Should have slapped that hoe!

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Yes, every time I have received a shot from a nurse the syringe is plunged faster then you can say s**t. Usually they say 'take a deap breath' (they must go on the assumption most people hate needles) and its plunged before I'm done inhaling. However, every time a doc has given me a shot, it's been slow, even push and is always painless afterward.
    I guess i shouldnt have told her i was scared of needles ( I thought she would think that i was being scarcastic)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    Like mashed down with her hand??? Should have slapped that hoe!
    Yea bro, freaking MASHED down with her finger.....I told her that " it feels better when you push in slower" I wanted to give her one and show her how to do it properly

Swellin Guest
    I have not had a shot since I started giving them to myself (I get allergy shots, but that doesn't count). I have been quite concerned with their technique since developing my own methods. I can see it now..."Excuse me mam, but would mind just letting me do it? I promise I know how to do this, and it will hurt a hell of a lot less if I do it. What I meant to say is that it will also hurt you a hell of a lot less if I do it, because if you do something stupid I will shove the entire syringe under your skin, behind your left nipple."

barbarian is offline Banned
    lol **** man thats funny

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    Well, A very good friend of mine is an RN...and she gave me a couple of my early shots. She pushed so hard that I she was straining! Those shots hurt for almost a week. My doc shoots quick too, but I have only gotten water based shots from him...no oils.

D

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    I wonder why this is so, maybe they are in a rush? I dunno We could give our self better shots in the end.

Ro

houseofpain is offline Banned
    and they are professionals...maybe they should hang out with us for a lil while...

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    dude a nurse gave me a shot one time and I noticed she didnt aspirate . Not sure why she didnt.

omen78 is offline Member
    it's cause they watch too much tv

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    She didnt aspirate either?

BigSexy50 is offline Associate Member
    What's the usual dosage on those B-12 shots, mcgs or mgs ??

monkeyjuice is offline Member
    1 question?

Was the nurse hot?

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    she did it fast because you said you were afraid of needles. looks like your game came back to haunt you.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSexy50
    What's the usual dosage on those B-12 shots, mcgs or mgs ??
    1000mcgs

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    my wife works is a r.n. and she also does my injections, the weird thing is that she does it fast as HeLL too,hmm ill ask her tonight why?oh ya she works in labor and delivery,,poor kids..lol...

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I dunno chris, I have had many a shot from a nurse and it's usually pretty obvious you arent scared of needles if you choose an injectable form of a drug over an oral form. People who are scared of needles likely will not opt to take a drug by injection over tab or liquid, as PurePower did with the B-12. I think they just do it fast because it really doesn't matter and they are almost always giving you a one time shot and the irritation/soreness has been relatively minor in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    she did it fast because you said you were afraid of needles. looks like your game came back to haunt you.

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    ok, i guess the scoop is that they do it fast to reduce muscle spasms. i guess if u go slow u have a bigger chance of a spasm, and if your muscle spasms in that one area whatever your injecting kinda gets "stuck" in that one area, and the spasm muscle just kinda holds it there not letting it release to the other parts,.(thats the way i understood it),,,

Thread Information