JDogg is offline Junior Member

Difference between Test E and Test Prop? The Q isn't as stupid as it sounds at first

When I first started reading up on AS it said everywhere Test E for Bulking, Test Prop for cutting. Why? Test E causes Water Retention, Test Prop doesn't. Well I've done a lot more reading, and I've been thinking. The only difference between Test E and Prop is the Ester right? The Test in both is the same, right? Water and Salt Retention are symptoms of aromatisation right?

So if all that is correct, then if I can stop aromatisation completely I should be able to cut as well with Test E as with Prop.

Some of the vets here, school me

Except for the mg/mg testosterone % of prop vs test E, in the presence of sufficient anti e's, all tests are equal......except maybe test suspension (in a class all its own).

be careful by your wording "stop aromatization completely". That's not the goal. The goal is to limit aromatization to reasonable levels.

So that means that you can indeed cut with Test E right?

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Absolutely. It is important however to use ancilliaries inorder to keep estrogen to a reasonable level. Excess estrogen promotes fat storage.

Contrary to popular belief, you will still retain some water with prop, which can lead to fat storage and feminization. I take anti-es with prop too.

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    It also has to do with the half life and intensity of the esters. Enanth has a half life and intensity 3x that of prop, I would guess that has something to do with it too.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    Contrary to popular belief, you will still retain some water with prop, which can lead to fat storage and feminization. I take anti-es with prop too.
    This is true, I just used nolva on my prop alone and lost 2-3 lbs.... So prop does hold water, just not as much

So why do I want to keep estrogen low and not stop it completely?

Quote Originally Posted by JDogg
    So why do I want to keep estrogen low and not stop it completely?
    Estrogen is integral to overall health, in particular, your lipid profile. Estrogen may also play a role in increasing IGF-1 levels. You want a happy medium of water retention....not so much that you actually look and feel bloated and where it can greatly affect bp....but just enough to potentially provide leverage effects to allow you to push more weight, similar to creatine, anadrol , dbol , etc....although that's not all those compounds do.

Thread Information