billy_ba is offline Associate Member

UFC Fighter Tim Sylvia busted for winny

taken from the ufc site:

Pursuant to the terms of his prior suspension, former Ultimate Fighting Championship Heavyweight Champion Tim Sylvia is anxiously awaiting satisfactory test results indicating an absence of performance enhancing drugs in his system.

In anticipation of the Nevada State Athletic Commission’s requirement for 2004 licensing, Sylvia took a preliminary test several weeks ago, that still indicates miniscule amounts of the substance detected after his September 26, 2003 bout. Sylvia insists, and the results indicate, that the possible small trace amounts found in his system go back to his first and only use of the agents taken over nine months ago. Because the NSAC had ordered Sylvia to provide satisfactory results before fighting again, Sylvia has requested that he be given until the last possible opportunity to obtain accurate results. This request is based upon a belief that trace amounts can linger in an athlete’s fat cells long after usage has occurred. Sylvia has already submitted his urine sample and lab results for that test are expected early tomorrow.

this sux for the sport, everyone is on it but most dont get caught.

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    Right...like the UFC fighters don't juice? LMAO, I have two friends in UFC and yes, ALOT of them take "performance enhancing drugs"

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    He is scheduled to fight tomorrow night. I am gonna be pissed if they won't let him go.

billy_ba is offline Associate Member
    Yeah I agree that most of them juice file hell, but it still looks bad on the sport, they should just allow it.

BigBull13 is offline Associate Member
    I have a buddy who is a UFC fighter and he defenitely juices and I am pretty sure they all do

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    Just let them fight

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    I can tell ya from first hand experience that most of those guys juice...Hell, out of the 3 places I train I bet at least 15 guys are using and none of them are top level competitors...

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    It's the price of mainstreaming the sport - once athletic commisions have to sanction a sport - testing comes with it - it really sucks

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    josh barnett was caught after beating randy couture. Its only the contestants in championship fights .that are tested, such as barnett right before entering HW championship match.

Rick James is offline Junior Member
    I agree, I train with a few fighters that have faught in UFC....It's common practice to juice....BTW check out sherdog.com if you like MMA...There was a huge debate on this issue on one of their messageboards. Wether AAS should be banned or not.

Thread Information