UrbanDawg is offline Banned

Deca boosts immune system ?

Ive read it boosts the immune of HIV victims. I was Magic Johnson in a muscle shirt back in 96 I think. I saw his arms and though..wow.. he looks like a BB on juice. Later I heard that he really was.

My question is : What about normal healthy guys with normal immune levels. Does it do anyting for us - or onlly for those with an alrady depressed immune system ?

Im hoping it boosts the rest of us because one thing I dont want to do is get the flu in the middle of a cycle and waste all the time and money.

Im using Deca in my first cycle stack right now for 4 reasons
    -1) It is supposed to make the IM site hurt less from the other more painful substances
    -2) It is supposed to help on the joints (im 45)
    -3) It is itself an anabolic with milder androgenic
    -4) it might help keep me from geting sick and ruining my first cycle (im 45 and hard workouts can run me down a bit more than younger guys)

your comments solicited

BiggerBri2002 is offline Senior Member
    Dude,

Not sure what effect it has on the immune system, but currently I am in the middle of my cycle and got hit by a nasty cold or flu bug. Been out of the gym for two days now and it is REALLY killing me!!!

But I guess that missing two days is better than ending up passing out in the gym and going to the hospital. Checkout my diary thread in the member results area.

AAS in general don't really have a net boosting effect on the immune system. They actually alter the immune system to favor a "branch" of immunity that is particularly adapted to preventing bacterial infections, but does so at the this weakening your "branch" of the immune system that is responsible for preventing/combating viral infections. An optimal immune system is in a neutral state and responds with the appropriate measures based on the type of pathogens/microbes it encounters.....AAS tends to prevent this to some degree.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    I did deca and test en on my last cycle and had my physical/blood test done after PCT. I was just a tad bit over normal # of red "and" white blood cells. Doctor thought this was more of a sign of a very healthy and robust immune system. As we know white blood cells are your primary immune system and HIV patients suffer from having too few white blood cells. In my case, doctor said its typical for people of my age and no HIV have have 1/2 the number of white blood cells that I had and still be quite healthy.

Yeah, the actual number of white blood cells may or may not change, but the cytokines released by your WBCs are what influence your immune system in one direction or the other, and AAS influences certain cytokines to be released over others, thus skewing your immune system more towards antibacterial measures at the expense of antiviral measures.
    Winny has been shown to reduce WBC counts, but the general influences of AAS on imunity are what I've mentioned above.

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    i think they use prednisone as a booster for the immune system. all other juices ive heard dont help boost the immune system.

quebecbulk is offline Associate Member
    juice is given to hiv patients to help with the wasting syndrome associated with the disease.

UrbanDawg is offline Banned

Thanks for clairifying that

Since it is mentioned as a booster to HIV victim I assumed it boosted viral immunity (HIV being viral).

This actually changs my opinion on its use for me. I know for a fact I am more vulnerable to viral infections.

Anyone know of a viral booster ?

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanDawg
    Since it is mentioned as a booster to HIV victim I assumed it boosted viral immunity (HIV being viral).

This actually changs my opinion on its use for me. I know for a fact I am more vulnerable to viral infections.

Anyone know of a viral booster ?
    AAS are used to treat HIV patients only because of their ability to combat wasting syndrome (rapid muscle loss). Ironically, it lowers viral immunity, but increases bacterial immunity, which is more important to AIDS patients, since that's what usually is their main cause of infection while HIV infects and kills their T cells (Th2) that aid in bacterial immunity.

There isn't any real OTC supplement you can take to increase viral immunity. As long as you're vaccinated against the major viral pathogens for which we have vaccines, that's as good as it gets for now.

Thread Information