Thread: Cytomel users

blanket is offline Junior Member

Red face Cytomel users

Has anyone had any problems with cytomel ? basicly what I mean is has anyone ****ed up their thyroids before?

Quote Originally Posted by blanket
    Has anyone had any problems with cytomel? basicly what I mean is has anyone ****ed up their thyroids before?
    Not that I know of.
    In fact, several months ago there was a fairly heated debate on that going between bdtr and some guy, and bdtr challenged him or anyone to show one single study that showed that it will ruin your Thyroid, no one posted anything.
    TSW

blanket is offline Junior Member
    thanx brother, its just that my source has scared the **** out of me by saying if it goes wrong I can be skinny or fat for the rest of my life, and Ive been searching for anything like that on AS, and it seems to me it hasn't happened to anyone ( atleast here) so if there is anyone who has had a problem with Cytomel please tell us your story.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blanket
    thanx brother, its just that my source has scared the **** out of me by saying if it goes wrong I can be skinny or fat for the rest of my life, and Ive been searching for anything like that on AS, and it seems to me it hasn't happened to anyone ( atleast here) so if there is anyone who has had a problem with Cytomel please tell us your story.
    There is no need for any problems taking thyroid meds if your monitoring your body temp...most side effect are caused by ignorance or just plain stupidity. I'm pretty tired of people saying you'll die from taking insulin or you'll fry your thyroid from taking t3! If you keep a careful watch on your body, the signals will be there to stop long before it becomes a problem IMO.

cape_train is offline New Member
    I am just finishing a 6 week cycle of cytomel . I haven't had any problems yet. I took 25mg tabs like this:
    1,1,2,2,3,3 then 4 a day after that. Then I cycled down to 3,3,2,2,1,1 then final week.
    Also did clen 2mg tabs 3 times a day, 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.

I have lost about 15 lbs. and feel awesome.

I have worked out on and off all of my like and just started to get back to it a few months ago, so I had a ton of fat to lose before even thinking about a bulking cycle.

I am still high in th bf%, around 14% so I am going to do a 10wk cycle of primo and deca and continue the clen 2wks on and 2 wks off

Fashioncore1 is offline Associate Member
    Cycleon's Formula for Cycling and Dosing T3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

One subject that keeps coming up that many people have difficulty is with properly dosing and tapering T3.

Now while THERE IS NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER for the persistent rumor that improper t3 use will shut down your thyroid forever, it is also not something to take lightly and like all AAS, should be respected. Ive come up with a formula based on the research Ive done, and both theory as well as practical experience point that it should work well for your fat burning goals as well as give you a proper taper so that the thyroid is able to recover its normal function as quickly as possible. The key to this is having a long enough taper coming off of it. Since origionally designing this formula some will note that I have taken 5% off of the ramp period and placed it toward the back taper insted - this is because I have become convinced that in the presences of exogeneous supplementation, the thyroid shuts down fairly quickly and so the better to spend that time on the taper down.

NOTE 1: If you have never used T3 before, it is suggested that you lessen your constant time and increase your ramp up period to determin your reaction to t3 before heavy use.

NOTE 2: Synthroid (t4) may also be used to good effect with this formula but of course the maximums are diffferent - the ratio of t4:t3 is about 4:1 or 4.5:1 so 100mcg of t3=about 400-450mcg of t4

Its pretty simple really – 5/40/55 is a time-based formula whereby X% of the time of the entire cycle should be spent in one of 3 periods – up/constant/down:

RULE – 1
    5% of the time is spent ramping up to your maximum
    40% of the time is at your maximum
    55% of the time is spent ramping down to cessation (nothing)

RULE – 2
    Each up/down period is further broken down into equal segments for each dosing level with the emphasis being the dosing level toward the end of the period.

RULE – 3
    I dont ever recommend taking more than 125mcg per day and 100mcg will do for most. Above this amount is quite catabolic without hefty concurrent doses of AAS. There are those who advocate higher doses and it is feasible to do so but IMO the effectiveness gains above 100-125mcg are not really worth it.

An example for a 20-day cycle with a max of 100mcg ED using 25mcg pills. Calculate the number of days of each period first (Notice that where the up/down period is unable to be broken into 3 exactly equal parts, the extra is put on the dose level at the last part of the period. (.5) means 1/2 a pill or 12.5mcg

UP CONST DOWN
    4 days 6days 10days
    5% 40% 55%
    2 44444444 33222111.5.5.5

An example for a 60-day cycle with a max of 125mcg ED using 25mcg pills. Notice that where the up/down period is unable to be broken into 3 exactly equal parts, the extra is put on the dose level at the last part of the period.

UP CONST DOWN
    12 days 18days 30days
    5% 40% 55%
    234 555555555555555555555555 44444433333322222221111111.5.5.5.5.5.5.5

Hope this helps someone!

Fashioncore1 is offline Associate Member
    i did a 3 week cycle of t3 at the end of my last cycle and lost in my estimates around 5-6lbs of bf. this number is not exact due to me coming off a cycle, but i started to shred nicely. unfortunately i got into a car accident which ruined my PCT and recovery and lost a lot of my gains. i recently got another stash of t3 and will be throwing them into the end of my next cycle.

Kevan is offline Associate Member
    I'm curious to know what your thoughts of the 5 on 2 taper and 5 off is?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevan
    I'm curious to know what your thoughts of the 5 on 2 taper and 5 off is?
    I think you mean the 7/5 split...I have alot of bro's running it this way on the board with great success, and a healthier thyroid. The key is monitoring your resting temp!

Mikey81 is offline Junior Member

Talking

Mallet woud you say that your split 7/5 - would work with a bulker? I plan to use some T3 in a bulker in order to stay very lean, no water retention and also lose bf while bulking. D'ya think it'd be a good idea.

MudMan recommended me to run T3 at around 50-75mcg a day due to increase protein synthesis. What do you say? I would also include Clen 7/5.

Waiting for your reply!

Thx.

I personnally don't see enough benefit from taking t3 while bulking..A raised BBT goes hand in hand with weight loss, grant it there is increased protein synthesis like Mudman said, I still would opt for clen over t3 while bulking, your already getting an increased Protein synthesis from the AAS your taking. If you decide to run t3 anyways then you'll need a minimum of 50mcg a day, since your body already converts 25mcg from t4 to t3, and with that low of a dose you will be able to run t3 for a longer period of time..closer to two weeks at a time, just continue to monitor your resting temp for any hard signs to stop!..like a drop in temp from one day to the next of .8 deg or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey81
    Mallet woud you say that your split 7/5 - would work with a bulker? I plan to use some T3 in a bulker in order to stay very lean, no water retention and also lose bf while bulking. D'ya think it'd be a good idea.

MudMan recommended me to run T3 at around 50-75mcg a day due to increase protein synthesis. What do you say? I would also include Clen 7/5.

Waiting for your reply!

Thx.

Mikey81 is offline Junior Member
    Thx a lot - you're very helpful as are the others. Thanks very much.

Take care.

shorty2big is offline Member
    I have used t3 a buch of times with no problems. I love the stuff. Once in a while I might have a slight crash for a month, but that's been the worst of it.
    S2B

XxTwilightEyzexX is offline New Member
    Hey Fashioncore, i need you to break this down for me since I have no clue what any of this means....so when I get home from work tonight if you arent with the wifey, knock on my door bro. I dont want you to have a brother with a bad thyroid and a bad kidney!

Thread Information