illflex is offline New Member

Dutasteride prescription

I'm probably way to young to walk in my docs office and ask for a prescription since it's just for the prostate. How would I get this stuff. Let me know if I have to PM someone, if the info can't be posted.

Dee-termined is offline Associate Member
    You could pm someone but they don't even know who the hell you are so chances are they aren't going to be the source your looking for. The only thing you can do is spend time on the board and hopefully you'll come across a source or two in the future. When this happens pm a mod or two to double check if the source is the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee-termined
    You could pm someone but they don't even know who the hell you are so chances are they aren't going to be the source your looking for. The only thing you can do is spend time on the board and hopefully you'll come across a source or two in the future. When this happens pm a mod or two to double check if the source is the real deal.
    I'm not tryin to get any gas, just wanna know if there is away around the age factor in getting it.

Well, if anyone doesn't know away around the age factor and not having an enlarged prostate, how well do those who take propecia like it? Did it stop all/most/some of your hair loss, and was/is there any regrowth. I at least know I can get that. Thanks in advance.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Are you an adult? If so I think you can get it legally through the site below. There is a consultation fee and then they will either mail you a perscription to take to a local pharmacy or call it in. Works great. I would advise though for you to try proscar/propecia first for a good 12 months to see if it work becuase it has a much longer saftey record, long term studies, and it just about as good. If you are trying to keep your hair then do 1.25 mg proscar daily, and 2x daily 5% minoxidil(rogaine). Works well for most people. If that doesn't do the trick after a year then move to avodart/Dutasteride.

Anyway - www.medicalwellnesscenter.com

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    Your doctor, or any doctor could write what is called an "off lable" Avodart/Dutasteride perscription for the treatment of hair loss. What that means is that you are using a drug to treat something other then what the drug was specifically made to treat. Doctor's do it all the time and it is totally legal.

Peace,

CC

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by illflex
    Well, if anyone doesn't know away around the age factor and not having an enlarged prostate, how well do those who take propecia like it? Did it stop all/most/some of your hair loss, and was/is there any regrowth. I at least know I can get that. Thanks in advance.
    I am 26 and have been taking propecia for almost 4 years. It stopped the MPB in a few months and then slowly regrew some hair that I have lost. i am happy with the results.

Thanks for the replies guys, you answered all my questions. Got one more. Would I go to my general doc for a presciption, dermatologist, or who? Thanks again for the replies.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Well the web site is the answer if you do not want to go to your general. I found that no one in my area would write an "off label" perscription for avodart. So I had to go the web site route. Maybe you will get lucky but I didn't want to waste more time explaining to doctors how it worked, the phase 2 trials, why they may have stopped phase 3 trials, etc.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by scottp999
    Well the web site is the answer if you do not want to go to your general. I found that no one in my area would write an "off label" perscription for avodart. So I had to go the web site route. Maybe you will get lucky but I didn't want to waste more time explaining to doctors how it worked, the phase 2 trials, why they may have stopped phase 3 trials, etc.

Good luck.

Good point scottp999 I went the same route as you and used the website. I also didn't want to explain why I wanted to use it as an "off lable" to my doctor. But, the next time I need to renew my script I might just go through my doc since he is a cool guy and wouldn't have a problem writing the script for me. BTW, the web site scottp gave you is super fast and I have never had any problems with them.

Peace,

CC

Quote Originally Posted by illflex
    Thanks for the replies guys, you answered all my questions. Got one more. Would I go to my general doc for a presciption, dermatologist, or who? Thanks again for the replies.

Either your primary or a dermatologist can write you the script. The dermatologist MIGHT be more up to date and know about avodart, but it just depends. If you are unsure as to what they will know bring them some literature on avodart and ask them to look into for you. Or, if that is too much of a pain go with the web site scottp recommended.

Literature links below -

http://www.fda.gov/cder/consumerinfo...fo/avodart.htm

http://www.dutasteride.com/information.html

Peace,

CC

Thanks again for the info guys.

48ngoin is offline Associate Member
    I'm using Avodart from the medicalwellness center site....it blocks both alpha enzymes and effectively shuts down 80% of DHT if taken orally. Fenasteride blocks up to 70%.

Only thing is I don't eat it....I put 8-10 in my shampoo with 2 oz. of Emu oil and a little Saw Palmetto and use it as a topical.

Thread Information