ours brun is offline New Member

high blood pressure with AAS...solutions?

Hi mates,

I suffer from high blood pressure when I'm in a bulking cycle...I'm a little bit afraid...do u have the same problem? and is there a real solution to treat it? (catapres?) thx for your comments))

Froggy is offline Member
    A brother from France. Howdy.
    I get a little warry of my BP also. When I lift...more red faced...and winded...and like every heavy lift is an anurism check. During cardio I feel good. Aspirin & lots of H2O are all I do, but we should maybe do more. Sorry I ain't more help.
    Bump for more info.

10mg/day of nolva, 0.25mg/day of Ldex. Keep your sodium intake low and water intake high. If you're already doing all this and your bp is still considerably elevated, then get it checked out.

Chris Columbus is offline Junior Member
    Try getting some blood pressure medication. if you have a friend a granny, get some of theirs. blood pressure medication comes whith unlimmted refills which means someone could fill you script for you and not be out anything. Also meds are not controled subtances or narcotics so you don't need an id to fill a script. just make sure that you gt a med that has a diruretic and a beta blocker.to sloww the heart beat. if you have your own bp meds then double or triple the dose.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Ours brun,

You should go to your doctor and discuss getting a prescription to lower your blood pressure. If you're running a cycle and you feel that your BP has gotten dangerously high then you should stop your cycle until you can safely control your BP while on cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Columbus
    Try getting some blood pressure medication. if you have a friend a granny, get some of theirs. blood pressure medication comes whith unlimmted refills which means someone could fill you script for you and not be out anything. Also meds are not controled subtances or narcotics so you don't need an id to fill a script. just make sure that you gt a med that has a diruretic and a beta blocker.to sloww the heart beat. if you have your own bp meds then double or triple the dose.
    Chris Columbus,

I disagree with a lot of what you said here. I have a BP prescription--it does not have unlimited refills.

It's never a good idea to take someone else's medications because you don't know how it will affect you. If you're taking other medications, somone else's BP medications may interact badly with them, and you could end up hurting yourself. Besides, all BP does not work the same way (see below for the different types of BP medication). So, BP medication that is good for one, might not be good for another.

If you have a prescription do not double or tripple the dose without consulting your doctor. Taking an overdose of medication could be dangerous--possibly fatal.

Types of BP medication for reference:

Diuretics
    Diuretics are sometimes called "water pills" because they work in the kidney and flush excess water and sodium from the body.

Beta-blockers
    Beta-blockers reduce nerve impulses to the heart and blood vessels. This makes the heart beat slower and with less force. Blood pressure drops and the heart works less hard.

ACE inhibitors
    Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors prevent the formation of a hormone called angiotensin II, which normally causes blood vessels to narrow. The ACE inhibitors cause the vessels to relax and blood pressure goes down.

Angiotensin antagonists
    Angiotensin antagonists shield blood vessels from angiotensin II. As a result, the vessels become wider and blood pressure goes down.

Calcium channel blockers (CCBs)
    CCBs keep calcium from entering the muscle cells of the heart and blood vessels. This causes the blood vessels to relax and pressure goes down.

Alpha-blockers
    Alpha-blockers reduce nerve impulses to blood vessels, which allows blood to pass more easily, causing the blood pressure to go down.

Alpha-beta-blockers
    Alpha-beta-blockers work the same way as alpha-blockers but also slow the heartbeat, as beta-blockers do. As a result, less blood is pumped through the vessels and the blood pressure goes down.

Nervous system inhibitors
    Nervous system inhibitors relax blood vessels by controlling nerve impulses. This causes the blood vessels to become wider and the blood pressure to go down.

Vasodilators
    Vasodilators directly open blood vessels by relaxing the muscle in the vessel walls, causing the blood pressure to go down.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 04-04-2004 at 12:29 PM.

Gear101 is offline Member
    i thiought there was some food like.. i don't rember them but.. go se the doc.. some foods can help lower your blood pressure naturally.. what is it right now and when you are off

Thread Information