bbwannabe is offline Junior Member

How many weeks can i take spironolactone?

Hey bro's

How long is it possible to take spironolactone at 100 mg/day ?

Bump

longhornDr is offline Member
    What are you taking it for?

Quote Originally Posted by bbwannabe
    Hey bro's

How long is it possible to take spironolactone at 100 mg/day ?
    Why would you want to take Aldactone for an extended period of time anyway?
    I would think how long you could take it would be determined be the individual...How hydrated are you??
    But taking Diuretics while trying to build muscle is actually counterproductive.
    Your muscles, joints, skin, etc etc need a certain amount of water.
    I personally don't see the need to take a Diuretic for extended periods of time unless you were preparing for Comp.
    What goal are you wanting this Drug to help you obtain?
    What are your Stats/History?
    I'd be careful if I were you.

**Doc, wanna bring him up to speed on the dangers of Diuretics?
    TSW

This is a quote from one of BigCat's articles.
    It says spiro has no effect on your potassium levels
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/cataldactone.htm

In medical settings spironolactone can be used as a diuretic when toxins have been ingested, but for those things most physicians will opt for more drastic measures, such as intravenous injections of a more potent diuretic such as lasix (furosemide). Its very popular as an anti-hypertensive drug, since its aldosterone inhibiting effects will lower sodium retention and lower blood pressure that way. For these instances most physicians will actually prefer spironolactone or some type of combination diuretic, because its known as a potassium sparing diuretic. Some heavier diuretics will reduce intra-cellular water as well, and ravage the body's potassium stores. This can result in life-threatening conditions. Mohammed Benazziza fell to his death after his electrolyte balance was thrown out of whack by the use of intra-venous lasix. Since spironolactone has no such effect on potassium levels you do not need to supplement extra potassium or worry about your electrolyte balances. In fact, using more than 2 grams of potassium per day can be equally hazardous, whereas with lasix one would almost have to get 2-3 grams of potassium, additionally, per day.

If you're competing, it's a different story. If not, the only thing you should be using spironolactone for is on your head. Keeping estrogen levels in check will keep aldosterone levels in check.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diablo570
    100mg/day is quite high IMO. I have taken a 40mg Furosemide tab before I go to the pool or the beach and it really pulls the water out. BUT, it also removes a lot of potassium and sodium from your cells and that makes for horrible cramps. I had cramps in the head of my quads, lower abs, and toes/feet. It really sucks bro. Also, if you take this loop diruetic for an extened period of time (not sure how long makes for an "extended period of time") you could actually die, since your cardiac (heart) cells needs potassium and sodium, as does every cell in your body to function properly.
    As for spirolactone, I have taken a 25mg tab and it was actually pretty good. I got vasular and had no cramps.
    Just be careful man. Dont go over board with the doses. AND drink lots of water when you take a diuretic!
    Bro spirolactone is completely differsent than Lasix - Spirolactone is a potassium sparing diuretic - but I still am not sure why the Bro is taking it. Just keep your water intake high, by doing so your body will get rid of water easily - use 3 -4 grams of vitamin C ( a natural diuretic ) / maybe some green tea - that should be enough. By using spirolactone you are messing with the body's renin - angiotensin pathway - being that spirolactone is an adreno-corticol steroid - can't be good to stay on long term ( recreationally ( cosmetically ) speaking ) - just my .02

Oh sorry for not mentioning it.
    I take it for the anti-androgenic effect. I'm having a lot of hairloss now in my cycle, so i was planning to take spiro in my PCT.

Oh sorry for not mentioning it.
    I take it for the anti-androgenic effect. I'm having a lot of hairloss now in my cycle, so i was planning to take spiro in my PCT.
    Topically, I presume, as that's what I'd suggest. No reason to lower systemic androgen levels when you can just target the site of the problem.

I already tried topical spiro 5%, but it doesn't work.

Do clen and spiro go together?

Do clen and spiro go together?
    Use finasteride before taking spiro, if it's just for DHT. You don't want to use a diuretic and clen ....that's like removing the oil from your motor and increasing the rpms at the same time

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Use finasteride before taking spiro, if it's just for DHT. You don't want to use a diuretic and clen....that's like removing the oil from your motor and increasing the rpms at the same time
    Great analogy Bro

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Use finasteride before taking spiro, if it's just for DHT. You don't want to use a diuretic and clen....that's like removing the oil from your motor and increasing the rpms at the same time
    Aint that the truth.
    If you Are gonna do that, I'd drink some *Prolong first
    TSW

Quote Originally Posted by TheSevnthWarrior
    Aint that the truth.
    If you Are gonna do that, I'd drink some *Prolong first
    TSW
    someone's been watching too many latenight infomercials

seriously though, clen and a diuretic is a bad combo. If something topical like topical spiro or minoxidil doesn't work, go with finasteride....or avodart, if the need arises.

Thread Information