Thread: Roids and Acne

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member

Roids and Acne

Can any of ya'll tell me if there's anything i can do to reduce back and shoulder acne while i'm on my cycle? I mean i know it comes with the territory and all but there has got to be somethin that can help

2timer is offline Senior Member
    Accutane!

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    Frequent showers using anti-bacterial and deodorant soap. Accutane is a good one. Tanning works very well also. If you do a search in the search option above type in acne and you will find other posts on the subject. It is a common problem among steroid users.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member

doc

Quote Originally Posted by scotttiger54
    Can any of ya'll tell me if there's anything i can do to reduce back and shoulder acne while i'm on my cycle? I mean i know it comes with the territory and all but there has got to be somethin that can help
    See your doctor, he doesn't have to know you are on gear but can prescribe some good acne medicine. I got some clindamycin-benzoyl peroxide gel and it works great.

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    i agree, the dermatalogist should give u some good shi'za..cleared my buddy's crater size acne right up

gettankd is offline Associate Member
    I got some B5 from pnp and it has helped a lot. I wasn't consistently using it at the beginning of my cycle, but when I did use it, it helped me clear up fast. Now I make sure I take it everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by gettankd
    I got some B5 from pnp and it has helped a lot. I wasn't consistently using it at the beginning of my cycle, but when I did use it, it helped me clear up fast. Now I make sure I take it everyday.
    B5 works well for many. Crazy high doses like 5-10g per day for a period of maybe a week or so, and then maintenance of 3-5mg/day. It's definitely worth a shot. You can buy it in bulk powder for pretty cheap, and the sides are pretty much nonexistent.

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    stridex pads work good for me.

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for all the good info Bro's

omen78 is offline Member
    i've used nutrogena body wash to some degree of help.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    wow - i been using 1 1/2g's of b5 a day..... im noticing everything is starting to clear up a little... but people use 3-5g's a day? I didn't know how much was too much.... but hell.. it 3-5g's isn't too much - im going to start takin it!

djboots is offline Associate Member
    Drink Lots Of Water!

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    keep your blood levels constant....

TooSmall is offline Associate Member
    shower when you wake up, after you train, and before your go to bed
    after you shower put a mosturizing cream on the area, i use a neutrogena acne cream
    helps the dry skin you will get from the shower

before i go to bed i use a acne pad on wherever the area is, my problem area is the back of the shoulders

dieseL atC is offline Member
    I never had a problem, I don't think I got 1 pimple on my Sust OR Clomid. That's just me - I've aways had good skin, but some people get them all over there body. My friend had TERRIBLE acne and he used ProActiv and that seemed to work wonders. Also:
    -- Drink ALOT of water.
    -- Wash your sheets 2-3 times a week.
    -- Shower before bed.

Shortyrock13 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselatc
    I never had a problem, I don't think I got 1 pimple on my Sust OR Clomid. That's just me - I've aways had good skin, but some people get them all over there body. My friend had TERRIBLE acne and he used ProActiv and that seemed to work wonders. Also:
    -- Drink ALOT of water.
    -- Wash your sheets 2-3 times a week.
    -- Shower before bed.

I hate you!

No acne on cycle for me, but on clomid the upper back and shoulders and arms are a mess for about three weeks.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Some people are just more prone to it than others. As some are more prone to hairloss or benign prostate hypertopy... and different drugs can have different effects. IMO - the best things you can do are pay close attention to proper hygiene and keep androgen levels as even as possible.

As far as hygiene, try and think back to another time in your life when hormone levels were rampant - puberty... what did you do back then to keep acne under control? Frequent showers? Those little acne pad thingamagigs?

To keep even androgen levels look at the esters half life and be sure to administer in a way that will keep blood levels stable - the more you let them drop and rise... the more you will see acne show up... this can be a problem with people who use Sust250 only twice a week...

I have pretty clear skin and the only time I really see an increase in acne is at the end when androgen blood levels really drop and then from using Clomid...

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    keep your skin clean... I shower at least twice a day, usually 3 times. just be sure to use a light moisturizer after each shower so you don't dry out...
    good luck
    ~R

dvest8 is offline Associate Member

Talking

Bro I delt with bad acne before,I don't consider my self an expert, but the sh!t I delt with I might aswell be one.
    Here are a couple of tips:
    Warrior is on the money with the androgen levels
    *)shower morning,after work out,and at night
    *)Defently clean bed sheets
    *)Moisturizers and body lotions to maintain you PH balance in you skin
    Nivea makes a good line for men:Oil Control Face wash & Face scrub
    Body lotion with Q10 to moisturize deep in your skin(very important)
    Don't use the body lotion on your face because believe it or not your face and body have diferent PH balances.
    Neutrogena has an excelent line aswell,I prefer to use their RAZOR DEFENSE face lotion it works very.
    *)Now for medications
    Theres topical:Clindamycin & Differin wich IMO are 2 of the best
    Differin works very well without over drying your skin,but be careful you only use it at night and must stay out of the sun.
    And of course good ol' oral:Acutane hands down is the best,but also the strongest & has very strong side effects.defently consult your Dr. It's important to get a blood/liver test before takeing Accutane.There are also diferent strenghts 10,20,40,& 60mg.Watch out for that 60mg it will clean you up in a week,but leave your lips looking like a crack head.My dermatoligist had also told me you can not take A complete cycle of accutane within a 2 1/2 to 3 year from each other,something to do with haevy damage on the liver.
    If your body can't handle accutane theres a milder oral called Doxcycline it works well
    but takes a little longer and the side effects aren't that bad,minor stomach upset in some users & heartburn.
    Good Luck!!!!!!
    Last edited by dvest8; 04-05-2004 at 01:31 PM.

houseofpain is offline Banned
    dude you gotta jump through hoops to get accutane you can get tetracycline which is an antibiotic for like 10 bucks and it works good...i would suggest 500mg's. this also works well with retin-a-micro 0.1%......

dvest8 is offline Associate Member

Talking Yup

Quote Originally Posted by houseofpain
    dude you gotta jump through hoops to get accutane you can get tetracycline which is an antibiotic for like 10 bucks and it works good...i would suggest 500mg's. this also works well with retin-a-micro 0.1%......
    tetra- works very well too "HOUSE"

Thread Information