BWhitaker is offline Senior Member

Changing ones name on domestic mailings

Ok, so as i have said i got my stuff taken from customs and they have probably flagged my address. I was also told that i probably have my name flagged. So now that i have another address to send it to, and a domestic source how should i change my name. Does it matter. The thing is that my name has to be pretty close to what it really is for me to get it.

panabolic is offline Associate Member
    Why take any chances? Change the addy and put it in a company name, the post office shouldn't ask for ID if they do, go with Mailboxes Etc they take the business. I think a P.O. box should run you under $50/year.

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    i personally think that if its a domestic source then everything will be cool. but any precaution you can possibly take should be taken just in case the worst does happen

I have heard that customs watches PO boxes closer than real mail boxes. There are also remailer services that charge $15 a month.
    http://www.finishlinepack.com/_wsn/page2.html
    Try this one.

capinatl is offline Junior Member
    If it's domestic (which is the only way to go) use any name you want. I use my real name and have forever without a problem. Of course I don't buy bulk, only a personal cycle at a time. I use a PO box sometimes as well, but they ask for an ID to set up the acct - if you have a fake ID, great - but they still have cameras.

IMO, if they want to bust you, they will - no fake name/ID stuff is gonna prevent that.

Jjdigs74 is offline Member
    I agree with capinatl with this one. No fake Id or fake name is going to through them off. If the FBI or DEA is on to you, its only a matter of time. I have heard that the whole red flagging your address thing is a myth or more over estimated than anything. There was a really good thread the other day that touched this subject more and alot of people had good points. Don't get me wrong, If you have a past with gear and getting caught and your putting in huge orders, what im saying doesn;t apply to you. BUt if your ordering domestic, for personal use, you should be ok.... my .02

Ill look for that thread
    Last edited by Jjdigs74; 04-06-2004 at 05:23 PM.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    good advice fellas...

i would scrap the po box idea and just mail it to the other addy you have in a fake name...if you have a girl, ask her if you can send it to her house under her name...

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Here is my plan...im going to mail it to my other addy under a fake name.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    sounds good to me....good luck

razor67 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    good advice fellas...

i would scrap the po box idea and just mail it to the other addy you have in a fake name...if you have a girl, ask her if you can send it to her house under her name...
    well, i know the risk im taking, if something was to happen id rather it be me than my girl........

Thread Information