firefitr5287 is offline Associate Member

Easy question about joint pain

Lately after I lift, I am having an annoying ache/pain in my shoulder joint. It's not the rotator cuff, but down in the actual ball and socket joint of the shoulder. I am going heavy right now and am off cycle. I know I have heard some people on here talk about herbs or supplements that help with joint pain, so I was wondering what they were. This is not an injury, just typical pain that you get when you go heavy. Help me out bros!

nobody?????

TRE
    TRE is offline Anabolic Member
    deca works the best but if you want to stay off the juice try glucosamine with MSN. 2000-3000mg ed, It takes a few weeks to kick in though.

Could very well be bursitis, especially if the pain feels "deep". Naproxen may help. Gluc/chond/MSM may help some. Deca will likely alleviate the pain, but is usally just a band aid, so to speak.

omen78 is offline Member
    As always Einstein is right on. I too had and still have that pain. It was so bad I had xrays and mris done to no avail. Doc said its basically arthritis of the shoulder. Really flares when I flat bench, oddly enough I dont usually have a problem on shoulder day . Anyway like Steiny said msm/chrondroitin/glucosamine did work to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by omen78
    As always Einstein is right on. I too had and still have that pain. It was so bad I had xrays and mris done to no avail. Doc said its basically arthritis of the shoulder. Really flares when I flat bench, oddly enough I dont usually have a problem on shoulder day . Anyway like Steiny said msm/chrondroitin/glucosamine did work to some degree.
    Holy crap, it's like you read my mind. The days i do flat bench it screams with pain, but shoulder days it actually feel OK. Like Einstein said, I too thought it was bursitis since it was away form the typical area you would feel rotator cuff pain and it was deep. Glucosamine was what I remebered hearing too, so thanks bro's, you helped me out there. By the way, if i am correct, the only way to "cure" (for lack of a better word) bursitis is rest and time, right? If so, i am screwed, because you know I can't stop lifting!

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Could very well be bursitis, especially if the pain feels "deep". Naproxen may help. Gluc/chond/MSM may help some. Deca will likely alleviate the pain, but is usally just a band aid, so to speak.
    Exactly where I was headed with the diagnisis. I'll stay away from the deca becasue i have no desire to mess up my next cycle by throwing it off with that now. Naproxen, huh? Remind me, which OTC px reliever has naproxen in it?

Quote Originally Posted by firefitr5287
    Holy crap, it's like you read my mind. The days i do flat bench it screams with pain, but shoulder days it actually feel OK. Like Einstein said, I too thought it was bursitis since it was away form the typical area you would feel rotator cuff pain and it was deep. Glucosamine was what I remebered hearing too, so thanks bro's, you helped me out there. By the way, if i am correct, the only way to "cure" (for lack of a better word) bursitis is rest and time, right? If so, i am screwed, because you know I can't stop lifting!
    I had to take time off awhile back for bursitis in both shoulders. I had ultrasound treatment as often as possible at the highest frequency I could tolerate....it just plain became too much (the pain from the bursitis that is). It hasn't shown itself again.

Quote Originally Posted by firefitr5287
    Exactly where I was headed with the diagnisis. I'll stay away from the deca becasue i have no desire to mess up my next cycle by throwing it off with that now. Naproxen, huh? Remind me, which OTC px reliever has naproxen in it?
    Alleve

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Alleve
    Thanks bro! You've been a big help!

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro - use naproxen 2 220mg tabs every 12 hours around the clock - but DEca works wonders for me - my knees stop creaking LOL

Thread Information