BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member

THG (tetrahydrogestrinone)--The "Undetectable" Steroid

If someone claims that they can sell you THG, it's probably fake. The following article discusses THG:

Where Can I Buy THG? Is It For me?

I'll start by saying, "No, THG (tetrahydrogestrinone) is not for you, and you can't buy it anywhere". Now that we got that out of the way, I'll explain to you why...

Tetrahydrogestrinone is a designer steroid used only by elite athletes. There were only a very small number of athletes who knew about, and had access to THG. THG was created by modifying two other known steroids, trenbolone, and gestrinone. Trenbolone has become one of the most popular steroids on the black market over the last couple years. Gestrinone (Dimetriose, Florizel) is used for treating endometriosis. The modifications made the drug undetectable in steroid tests, which is the reason for all the current hype on "THG". Tetrahydrogestrinone, no one is certain how long this drug has been used, but tests are now being down on urine samples from the 2002 olympics. This is the biggest steroid scandal since the 1988 summer olympics where Ben Johnson tested positive for anabolic steroids. Any records, or medals won in the 2002 summer olympics will be taken away if the athlete's urine sample contains Tetrahydrogestrinone.

Is Tetrahydrogestrinone a strong steroid?

There is nothing special about Tetrahydrogestrinone. The only reason it is getting so much attention is because it was undetectable in steroid testing. Trenbolone alone, which THG was created from, is a strong steroid. However THG is much more toxic. Gestrinone was modified at the 17a-position which then made THG an oral steroid. It was used by placing the liquid under the tongue, and allowing it to absorb. This modification made the drug a 17aa steroid, which makes it a lot more toxic on the liver than other injectable anabolic steroids. There is no need to search for THG when there are other, more safer, and readily available steroids on the market.

How was THG found?

The United States Anti-Doping Agency was tipped off by an anonymous coach who claimed that several athletes were taking tetrahydrogestrinone. The same coach eventually mailed in a syringe containing THG. After numerous test, the USADA identified the drug as THG... and the investigation started!

The THG tetrahydrogestrinone steroids timeline

June 2003 - USADA receives notice from a popular track coach that several athletes are using an undetectable steroid. He then sends in a sample of the undetectable steroid.

July/August 2003 - The USADA scramble to test and retest over 550 earlier urine samples. The "coach" claims the source of THG is from BALCO Labs, a nutritional company located in California.

September 2003 - BALCO Labs is raided by the narcotics task force and the IRS.

October 17 2003 - Several American athletes, the USADA reveals, have tested positive for the drug and face suspensions that could see them miss the Olympics in Athens next year. They include Olympic champions and world record holders.

October 18 2003 - US Olympic Committee give USA Track and Field one month to regain control of their sport or face being wound up. There are reports that more than 40 American athletes, from several sports, have been subpoenaed to give evidence to a federal grand jury in San Francisco investigating medical and financial records from BALCO. Kevin Toth, an American shot-putter, is the first athlete linked with THG.

October 20 2003 - Michelle Verroken, UK Sport's director of drug-free sport, announces that a test to detect THG will be introduced in Britain "in a matter of days". The priority, she says, would be to test those athletes who have trained at length in the United States.

October 21 2003 - Dick Pound, the head of the World Anti-Doping Agency, calls for the re-testing of samples from this summer's World Athletics Championships.

October 22 2003 - Dwain Chambers, one of Britain's top athletes, becomes the second name publicly linked to THG after a national newspaper reports that he has tested positive. Chambers later denies taking any performance-enhancing drugs. A leading scientist claims that top competitors are probably using other unidentified drugs.

October 23 2003 - In a a national teleconference, CEO Craig Masback of USA Track & Field, the sport's national governing body, questions the magnitude of the doping scandal as he announces only four US athletes failed tests for the previously undetectable THG. They were not identified but three of them did not medal at the Olympics and the fourth did not even make the world team.

October 24 2003 - NFL has begun testing for tetrahydrogestrinone.

October 29 2003 - MLB and MLS ban new steroid THG.

November 6 2003 - European 100 metres champion Dwain Chambers tested positive for THG usage.

November 10 2003 - MLB begins to test for THG.

November 10 2003 - Athletes who have tested positive for THG and "talk" may get leniency. It is reported that athletes who give up the source for THG may have their banned sentences reduced.

November 12 2003 - Four US athletes test positive for THG. The samples were taken in June at the US national championships in Stanford, California.

November 16 2003 - Tennis to test for steroids. Samples from this years Grand Slam will be tested for THG.

November 17 2003 - Four players from the Oakland Raiders in the NFL have tested positive for THG (tetrahydrogestrinone). CBS, The NFL Today and SportsLine.com reported that defensive tackle Dana Stubblefield, centre Barret Robbins, linebacker Bill Romanowski and defensive tackle Chris Cooper were notified in letters from the NFL this past week that they tested positive for THG, or tetrahydrogestrinone.

November 20 2003 - NFL players who tested postive for THG before October 6th, will not suspended, provided they are not flagged again. Commissioner Paul Tagliabue states, "You don't go around changing the traffic sign after I pass. It was a yield sign when I passed, not a stop sign."
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 04-08-2004 at 08:10 AM.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Great Read...

KeyMastur is offline VET
    very nice.

btw, you have two October 21 posts

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    very nice.

btw, you have two October 21 posts
    Thanks, I didn't see that. I just deleted one.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    I read that in Muscular Development a few months back, but never the less, good read.

widowmaker2 is offline Senior Member
    nice one!

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Great read...Thanks

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    great info, im sure that answers alot for numerous ppl, i know it did for me, thanx bro..

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Nice post Bro - good info

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Very cool read thanks brotha.

Kdog@usi is offline Associate Member
    thanks bro I was wondering what the deal was with it.

Rubabanman is offline Junior Member
    So did BALCO have any THG there?? What happened with that? Good read btw!

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Fantastic Read. I expect NO less from Bask8kace. He simply is one of the best VETS we have.

Latimus is offline Banned
    enjoyable read

i was wondering what was going on with the raiders...

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    Fantastic Read. I expect NO less from Bask8kace. He simply is one of the best VETS we have.
    To those who said so, I'm glad you found it informative.

BLT,
    It was nice of you to post that. Thanks. That means a lot to me, bro.

Thread Information