Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mvp_status is offline Junior Member

Blood Pressure (on Cycle)readings??

wassup bros??i thought it would be helpful maybe,for the vets on here to post what yor blood pressure readings is on cycle,and what cycles?? mines is
    135/90 which i thought as first was high as hell...but after doing a lil reading,found out,it was good,especially with me being on cycle(sust,eq)...
    i was about to go into major panic until i done some research..i just think its helpful and give some a peace of mind when knowing whats too high of a reading while on cycle,so that some can make necessary adjustments..
    im really curious to see others readings while on cycle...thanks guys

mvp..

145/90

thanks warrior...class act my man..can we have more from vets and experienced users please..?

Da Bull lives with High Bp...might wanna get his thoughts on the matter??
    TSW

BuffGuy is offline Associate Member
    When do you start panicking about your BP? I mean, how high is too high? What do you do if it gets that high?

Also, would increased BP cause head-aches?

Kevan is offline Associate Member
    my normal bp is about 140/90 off cycle. If i use anadrol it shoots up to about 170/110 which really sucks and gives me big time headaches. Deca and Test leaves me at about 150/95

thanks for the replies guys..the odd thing is..over 30 views..bbut only 5 replies..now,either a good dealof users here dont check their blood pressure when on cycle,which i thought was a citical thing to do,or..maybe,they just dont give a ****..if they stroke out,have a heart attack or not..( oh well) thanks guys...a lil more replies wouldnt hurt....COUGH COUGH..

Antwan is offline Associate Member
    I checked mine last night and it was 155/99 but I am taking ephedrine occasionally.

Chris Columbus is offline Junior Member
    I am not a big steroids but I have high blood pressure. there is a direct link betwen water retention and blood pressure. So you would expect the things that aromatize the most to cause the most water retention and the biggest bp changes. d-bol would be one of the worst probably while primo would be little to none so I heear.

keep em coming..

Quote Originally Posted by mvp_status
    thanks for the replies guys..the odd thing is..over 30 views..bbut only 5 replies..now,either a good dealof users here dont check their blood pressure when on cycle,which i thought was a citical thing to do,or..maybe,they just dont give a ****..if they stroke out,have a heart attack or not..( oh well) thanks guys...a lil more replies wouldnt hurt....COUGH COUGH..
    maybe they don't feel that they have anything useful to contribute, or they have not cycled yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp_status
    maybe they don't feel that they have anything useful to contribute, or they have not cycled yet.

yeah,you might be right..just thought it would be a good thing to post up..guess not//

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    no your right... its something interesting... Mine was up to about 145/90 pretty consistantly for a few weeks after taking ephedra for a few weeks before that... I was kinda worried cuz it would get as high as 155... but that may be due to the stress... I wonder what my on cycle BP will be.... 170? I'm gonna have a stroke!!!! hehe

lmao...hope u odnt stroke out...

rlslmshdy is offline Junior Member
    bump???

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevan
    my normal bp is about 140/90 off cycle. If i use anadrol it shoots up to about 170/110 which really sucks and gives me big time headaches. Deca and Test leaves me at about 150/95
    140/90 is not good off cycle. You are approaching the zone where theey medicate. 170/110 is very dangerouse and you start damaging organs and risking stroke at this point. You should definately be on BP medication if you plan on juicing and your boarderline off juice.

Swellin Guest
    I am 30 years old, and my blood pressure (off cycle) is usually around 112/68. While on deca and test, it got up to 148/ 87. In a couple of weeks, it dropped back down to 128-136/ 74-80. I went on prop only, and it bailed down to 104/52. Now, I am on prop/tren /var, and my bp jumps around like crazy. I have found that since I am much more volatile on tren, so is my bp. In the AM, my BP is usually around 128/74. Around mid-afternoon, it sometimes gets up to 149/87. I can then focus on calming down, and drop it a few points...142/82.

Mullhar is offline Junior Member
    I'm on prop/eq and my BP was 124/54 the other day...almost too low I thought. My resting heart rate is around 51...but I do a lot of cardio (on or off cycles) and I have very thin blood, which helps to keep these readings pretty low I guess. My veins are popping out everywhere, my BF is dropping and my BP is staying low, so I'm pretty happy.

GearAholic is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    its funny this thread got posted cause i chk'd mine out today on one of those machines they have infront of the pharmacy in stores and mine was 154/66 ???? is that bad ?? and im on cycle???

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GearAholic
    its funny this thread got posted cause i chk'd mine out today on one of those machines they have infront of the pharmacy in stores and mine was 154/66 ???? is that bad ?? and im on cycle???
    Not at all. I bet it is 20 points lower than what that machine registered. The reason being, those machines are made to handle arms up to 14 inches. Anything over that can cause a flase reading. With a systolic reading that high and a diastolic reading that low...I would say there was a problem with the measurement.

I forced my arm into one of those things quite some time ago, and because of the arm size...it never got a reading. Then, I almost had to cut the cuff to get my arm out.

A shirt sleeve under the cuff will change my BP by as much as 12 points. By not properly positioning my arm, it will change in excess of 20 points.

I would suggest getting a machine for your home and learning how to use it properly. This is very important for those of us who use gear.

GearAholic is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    yeah thats kinda what i figured since i could barley get my arm in the cuff lmao

Quote Originally Posted by GearAholic
    yeah thats kinda what i figured since i could barley get my arm in the cuff lmao
    Anyone using gear should own an Omron auto reader, cuff style (the right size cuff). They are only 60-80 bucks and vvery accurate. BP is something you should always moniter on cycle.

bjayg is offline Member
    i was actualy lookin into getting a monitor myself. can't find a cuff to fit 22' any other alternative with accurate reading?

are you saying your arms are 22" relaxed and hanging??its the measurement they are in the hanging or non-flexing position,not flexed,in case u didnt know,,but if they are 22 inches hanging,,hell,maybe u need to get one of them wrist bp monitors...keep em coming guys...great thread we have here,,

mvp

Latimus is offline Banned
    haha you know what he meant...

my blood pressure is higher when i am at the doc...for a couple years i thought it was high...at 150/90...then i went in very relaxed and told myself not to worry about being there...(i dont like being there..it makes me nervous)...anyway, by relaxing and pretending i was just at home...it read 130/80...and i think i was still a little nervous at the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Latimus
    haha you know what he meant...

my blood pressure is higher when i am at the doc...for a couple years i thought it was high...at 150/90...then i went in very relaxed and told myself not to worry about being there...(i dont like being there..it makes me nervous)...anyway, by relaxing and pretending i was just at home...it read 130/80...and i think i was still a little nervous at the time...
    THats common...it's called white coat syndrome. Thats why its best to test at home.

detroit is offline Banned
    mine has been around 150/80, off cycle im around 140/75.

Microbrew is offline Member
    I just bought one of those home BP machines. My pressure read 139/76, I'm on 750mg Sus 600mg Deca and 50mg Dbol , been on for 2wks now.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Thing about high blood pressure is that over time, it can screw up your organs and eyesight and all sorts of stuff. Something to keep in mind . . .
    You can get prescriptions for BP meds like diazide (water pills) or meds that dilate your blood vessels (catapres), and you can get 'em from overseas without a script. But, when you're on these things, you really need to monitor (monthly blood tests) your blood mineral levels, 'cause they can get out of whack and leave you in a coma. Not good.
    There's other stuff you can do for BP like cardio, drinking water, eliminating sodium, the usual stuff.
    Docs usually won't consider giving you meds for BP until it goes over 130/90, sometimes 140/90. I'm not sure where the "youinaheapatroubleson" level is, but if yours ever tests 190/100+ you better get ready to have a stroke. I'd go to the emergency room and let them do whatever they do and seriously consider stopping or severely cutting back on the cycle. Big pecs are nice, but no sense in trading an early grave for 'em.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    If you do enough research you will see that high blood pressure isnt the actual killer, it is stroke, and heart attack which is the result of Arteriosclerosis. HBP is just a symptom of kidney problems, heart problems, water retention, or arteriosclerosis. So a temporary rise in BP while cycling isnt dangerous as long as it returns to normal after the cycle. The problem with AAS's and health is the way it affects cholesterol levels. The lowered HDL lowers the ability of the body to remove LDL which is the bad cholesterol that sticks to the aterial walls and results in heart attack and stroke. The best ways to boost HDL levels is to eat monounsaturated fats like Olive Oil, high does of Niacin, and lots of Beta Carotene.

If you do enough research you will find that blood pressure medications don't do much to prevent heart attack and strokes. (I know someone is gonna think otherwise but I do have plenty of links to back this up) As a matter of fact it may INCREASE risks associated with heart attack, because the elevated blood pressure is the body's reaction to something wrong in the body, so by unnaturally lowering the BP may rob the heart of blood. On the flip side lowering the blood pressure will protect the kidneys, eyes and brain from the damage it can do to them.

There are many books written on how to lower your blood pressure without medication. The main reason men look for alternatives to BP medication by the way is the number one side effect is loss of sexual libido and erectile dysfunction.

One more interesting thing about cholesterol before I go is that LDL the so-called "bad" cholesterol is the transporter of Beta Carotene a vital anti-oxidant. So its not all bad.

I wrote this to say that BP is very important to monitor but our other concern should be our cholesterol levels.

On Cycle:
    BP: 160/99
    Total Cholesterol: 209
    HDL: 35
    LDL: 146
    Triglycerides: 206

Off cycle
    BP: 114/74
    Total Cholesterol: 162
    HDL: 40
    LDL: 104
    Triglycerides: 102

P.S. High Blood Pressure is symptomless so it is not the cause of your redness, headaches, etc. etc. (Sorry, but it drives me crazy when someone on here sais, I am having headaches must be my blood pressure. A headache that is the result of high blood pressure is called a stroke. lol.)
    Last edited by Lozgod; 05-26-2004 at 12:10 AM.

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    all you guys are lucky b@stards! i wish my arm was so big it didn't fit into a bp machine cuff!

Flabbywussy, I have a question. Where is that girls butt? I don't see it. :P

kronik is offline Senior Member
    126/54 4th week into cycle

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    120/80 regularly ---> 135/90 peak of sust/winn cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by kronik
    126/54 4th week into cycle

That is a great set of numbers under most circumstances but the pulse pressure is high as hell. Pulse pressure is the difference of the 2 numbers and anything over 60 is a danger sign, however both are low so I dont know. Pulse pressure is a relatively new study of blood pressure.

http://www.pslgroup.com/dg/4ce26.htm

There is a link for those that are interested in learning about pulse pressure.

Tadpole is offline Junior Member
    High blood pressure and rapid heart rate while on cycle can be normal. I would worry about it if my resting heart rate was over 110 and my blood pressure was over 160/100 and was accompanied with other symptoms palpitations/head aches. Off cycle is a different story and can be a sing of bad overall health. I would recommend seeing your doctor if you have any of the above off cycle and especially if you have other risk factor i.e. family history of heart disease or stroke.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    mine was 137/74 today... I've been on Cyp 800mg wk since Feb. (was also running Deca and D-bol, but dropped the D-bol 4 wks in, and the deca in April.)

I take it regularly and have seen it as high as 148/86.

Austex is offline Member
    The best way to get an accurate view on your blood pressure (this is especially important on cycle) is to do multiple readings. ie) mornings upon waking before getting out of bed, mid-day, after a meal, and before resting
    These are the methods I use when monitoring my BP, and my readings were ALWAYS lower than at the doctor.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    i forced my arm into that machine and it was 139/85. thats pretty good seeing as how that cuff was pinching the hhell out of my arm!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information