Thread: EAT,EAT&EAT!!!!

djboots is offline Associate Member

EAT,EAT&EAT!!!!

OK I HEAR THIS ALL THE TIME THAT YOU NEED TO EAT ALOT DURRING A BULKING CYCLE. I HAVE BEEN CHOWING LIKE CRAZY. I TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM SWEETS THOUGH LIKE DONUTS CAKES AND CANDY. BUT I HAVE TO ADMIT WITH MY WORK SCHEDUAL I CONSUME ALOT OF FAST FOOD. IS THIS BAD? IN MORNINGS ABOUT 4 EGGS SOME FRUIT AND A BIG PROTEIN SHAKE. IN THE EVENING EGGS, CHICKEN, HAMBURGERS WHAT EVER I CAN GET MY HANDS ON INAS FAR AS MEAT&POULTRY. BUT WHAT ABOUT PIZZA CHIPS AND OTHER JUNK FOOD IS THAT NOT GOOD. PLEASE IF ANY ONE CAN POST A GOOD DIET LET ME KNOW.

You're killin' yourself with those simple carbs bro.
    In America, with our ez lead in processed freakin' everything, simple carbs come in over abundance already.
    I try and get my Carbs from cleaner foods.
    Dilligent Discipline is the key
    TSW

luvs_roids is offline New Member
    Hmmmm..... it doesn't sound great, you really shouldn't be eating any hamburgers, chips or KFC, or anything remotely similiar to that sh*t. Maybe I'm just paranoid about fat but I wouldn't touch a whole egg, too much fat in 'em, separate the whites and eat those

djboots is offline Associate Member
    Can Any One Give Me A Good Eating Plan

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, u should start the saying "no simple carbs"... Even with a bulking cycle u want to eat clean, but a lot...

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You talk about eating in the morning and the evening. You should be eating seven times a day on a bulker. If you aren't writing down what you eat and don't know the nutritional value of it then you really have no idea how much you are consuming. Everyone thinks they are eating a lot until they actually write it down and realize they aren't even close. Eating is the hardest part of BB without a doubt.

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    you;ll find that making your meals the night before and tuperware will be your best friend. good luck.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    You need to eat 1.5 grams of protein for every pound of (lean) bodyweight. If you weigh 200 lbs, for instance, you need to eat (1.5 x 200 = 300) at least 300 grams of protein every day, divided up into more or less equal amounts every 4 hours.
    To give you an idea of what sort of stuff you need to be eating and how much protein is in what, here's some basic info:

60 grams in 2 cans of tuna fish
    50 grams in 1/2 pound of chicken or beef
    40 grams in 1 can of Wolf Brand Chili
    32 grams in 1 quart of milk (stick with the 1% milkfat)
    30 grams in 6 eggs
    36 grams in 12 ounces of cottage cheese
    50 grams in 2 scoops of good protein powder (check your label)
    ----
    298 total grams in this bunch of stuff.

Now . . . if you're bulking, you should probably be eating a few more grams of carbs than grams of protein, plus you'll want to keep your fat calories around 20%.
    Armed with the information that there are 4 calories in 1 gram of both protein and carbohydrate and 9 calories in 1 gram of fat,
    plus since we'll be wanting to keep the caloric % of each to about
    35% protein, 45% carbs, 20% fat (just for a starting point; you should learn over time what ratios work best for you particular body chemistry),
    your 298 grams of protein = 1192 calories
    you'll want 1532 calories of carbs, which will be (1532/4 = 383) 383 grams of carbs
    and 681 calories of fat, which will be (681/9 = 75) 75 grams of fat.

Now, what you really really really need to do is get a notebook and make a list of how many grams of protein, carbs, and fat are in various types of food. You can get a lot of information from the packages that food comes in (lots of info on those labels), and/or you can log on to Amazon.com and order up a copy of "The Nutrition Almanac" and it's gots lots of good info in the back pages on just about everything. Another good place to get info like this is on the web. Do web searches for imaginative phrases like "food values" or "food nutrition" and you'll find some stuff.

But there are no two ways around it . . . you simply must learn how much of what is in the stuff you eat, and learn to plan your meals accordingly. If you don't, you probably won't eat properly, and then you may as well not bother to lift at all.
    So invest a little in your food education, and learn, and read everything on food packages. It'll all work together to turn you into the next Arnold . ..
    --Tock

Bigbowboski is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    You need to eat 1.5 grams of protein for every pound of (lean) bodyweight. If you weigh 200 lbs, for instance, you need to eat (1.5 x 200 = 300) at least 300 grams of protein every day, divided up into more or less equal amounts every 4 hours.
    To give you an idea of what sort of stuff you need to be eating and how much protein is in what, here's some basic info:

60 grams in 2 cans of tuna fish
    50 grams in 1/2 pound of chicken or beef
    40 grams in 1 can of Wolf Brand Chili
    32 grams in 1 quart of milk (stick with the 1% milkfat)
    30 grams in 6 eggs
    36 grams in 12 ounces of cottage cheese
    50 grams in 2 scoops of good protein powder (check your label)
    ----
    298 total grams in this bunch of stuff.

Now . . . if you're bulking, you should probably be eating a few more grams of carbs than grams of protein, plus you'll want to keep your fat calories around 20%.
    Armed with the information that there are 4 calories in 1 gram of both protein and carbohydrate and 9 calories in 1 gram of fat,
    plus since we'll be wanting to keep the caloric % of each to about
    35% protein, 45% carbs, 20% fat (just for a starting point; you should learn over time what ratios work best for you particular body chemistry),
    your 298 grams of protein = 1192 calories
    you'll want 1532 calories of carbs, which will be (1532/4 = 383) 383 grams of carbs
    and 681 calories of fat, which will be (681/9 = 75) 75 grams of fat.

Now, what you really really really need to do is get a notebook and make a list of how many grams of protein, carbs, and fat are in various types of food. You can get a lot of information from the packages that food comes in (lots of info on those labels), and/or you can log on to Amazon.com and order up a copy of "The Nutrition Almanac" and it's gots lots of good info in the back pages on just about everything. Another good place to get info like this is on the web. Do web searches for imaginative phrases like "food values" or "food nutrition" and you'll find some stuff.

But there are no two ways around it . . . you simply must learn how much of what is in the stuff you eat, and learn to plan your meals accordingly. If you don't, you probably won't eat properly, and then you may as well not bother to lift at all.
    So invest a little in your food education, and learn, and read everything on food packages. It'll all work together to turn you into the next Arnold . ..
    --Tock

excellent bro..freaggin excellent

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djboots
    OK I HEAR THIS ALL THE TIME THAT YOU NEED TO EAT ALOT DURRING A BULKING CYCLE. I HAVE BEEN CHOWING LIKE CRAZY. I TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM SWEETS THOUGH LIKE DONUTS CAKES AND CANDY. BUT I HAVE TO ADMIT WITH MY WORK SCHEDUAL I CONSUME ALOT OF FAST FOOD. IS THIS BAD? IN MORNINGS ABOUT 4 EGGS SOME FRUIT AND A BIG PROTEIN SHAKE. IN THE EVENING EGGS, CHICKEN, HAMBURGERS WHAT EVER I CAN GET MY HANDS ON INAS FAR AS MEAT&POULTRY. BUT WHAT ABOUT PIZZA CHIPS AND OTHER JUNK FOOD IS THAT NOT GOOD. PLEASE IF ANY ONE CAN POST A GOOD DIET LET ME KNOW.

The occasional cheat meals while bulking is not always a bad thing, depending on what your looking to do while bulking. Personally I could never get by bulking on chicken, egg whites, rice, vegetables, etc. Already tried that route but for me didn't work. I use cheat meals on the weekends just for extra calories and contradicting what others said I prefer to eat alot of lean red meat and moderate amounts of chicken. I haven't checked your profile for stats and you also have to look at what your trying to accomplish to comprise a diet that's right for you.

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    Not to contradict what these guys are saying here because what they are doing is the right way... but if you don't have the discipline you can get by like you are.... but EAT! Try to get a lot of protein... I think that 2 grams for every pound of lbm is important... especially while on as you are trying to get as much out of your cycle as you can. Other than the protein just try to be sensible... but if McDonalds is all you've got... eat 3 Big Macs... you may end up fat in the end but atleast you'll be big right? (anybody have a nutritional breakdown for a big mac? Can't be too good I'm sure... hehe)

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Eat big to get Big Bro - make your food at home put in containers and bring a cooler with you

lxorl is offline Associate Member
    www.fitday.com = food calculator.

peanut butter = calories (dont go too overboard though)

drop the starchy carbs for veggies... potatos, sweet potatos, broccoli , green beans.

and you know where to get protine.

beefydragon is offline Member
    I work in the computer business, and busy all the time. I stock up on the low carb Atkins and EAS shakes at work... Even though they're expensive, they aren't as bad as fast food. I can easily bust $15 in one meal at McDonalds... So the shakes are a good way to go... also lean meat with George Foreman... Grill a bunch and bag it in the fridge... take it to work... Eat at least once every 2-3 hours...

Thread Information