the h bomb is offline New Member

Exclamation Whats the best way to eat alot during a long days work?

If anyone out there works construction or any thing to0 that affect please help me out. I start my new job on Monday (construction) and I will be working a least 50 hours a week at that. I just started my bulk cycle yesterday and I want to grow on it but I also need to make money hence the job. I want to eat a lot but am afraid that I will burn too many cals working to have a successful bulk cycle. I know that I a lunch break, but my question for all that work construction is, what works best for you when bulking and working construction at the same time. Also do you get little 5 or 15 minute breaks in between to piss or just relax, where I could possible throw down an meal replacement shake or a tuna sandwich and protein bar. I think I might end up saying I have to use the ****ter and wonder off and throw some cals in me every hour. If any one has any suggestions please help. Thanks thehbomb

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    whats up... i worked hardcore construction last summer adn im gonna do it again. I had the same problem... but i ate a big ol breakfast then we got a 15 minute break mid-morning and i would scarf down a protein shake with milk, peanut butter, oats, banana, and protein powder.... this had about 600 cals in it. then i just ate a huge lunch... and as soon as i got off i would eat 2 or 3 granola bars. Basically i ate whenver i got a chance and when you work construciotn you are hingry ALL the time.... best of luck

A beer hat with one side having your mrp and the other side with water. Construction is a tough gig to eat properly. MRPs are going to be the quickest way to take in good calories, but you'll definitely need to stay well hydrated too. Solid meals are ideal whenever you can, but that'll be based on whether or not this is possible. By the end of a good bulking cycle, you should be big enough so that the guys will stop bugging you about the beer hat.

palequail is offline Banned
    It is totally possible. A good friend of mine got his Pro Card last year. He has been working construction for years. Bascially you need to cook your meals the day before and bring a cooler to the job. I'm sure everyone else is bringing a cooler too. I'm sure they won't mind if you take a small break every 2-3 hours to eat something. Pre blending shakes works well too....get some weight gainer and blend it, put it in a shaker and put lots of ice in the cooler.....1000cals in minuetes....

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    There is a thread showing how protein will break down if premixed so maybe that is not a good idea.

I will be starting roofing this summer working 45 hours a week but i get paid $22 an hour so its worth it. I am in the same boat trying to figure out what to do. I Figure that if you work a 9 hour shift, you eat a big meal right before you go in, and then you only have to get in 2 meals during your work if you eat every 3 hours and then eat right when you get off. Since you get a lunch break you should only have to try to get away one more time to eat.

I would load up on a casein protein shake at least at one meal to allow for a nice slow-release supply of protein throughout the day

Tico Frank is offline Junior Member
    I like those fresh pack tuna packets with 3.5 servings. They run like 50grams of protein and they're easy to wolf down.

Jhn36 is offline Associate Member
    I take 8 oz bottled water empty the water and let dry. Then add mrp with a funnel. Take a couple to work, add water shake and there ya go, fresh protien. The tuna in the pack are really easy to tear open and throw down fairly quick.

Thread Information