Thread: looking to gain

skinnyman14 is offline New Member

looking to gain

I have been working out for years and have seen little gains. Im in great shape but want to take my body to the next level. Im not looking to get huge, just gain about 15-20lbs of lean mussle by summer. I have been told that as a first time user I should go with sustanon 250? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

FYI

5'9
    28years old
    slight shoulder injury

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    I believe what they are trying to say is just make sure you are going to be using a test as the base to your cycle. Personally I am not a big fan of sust. I would much rather stick with enanth, cyp or prop. I find it a lot easier to keep your blood levels even.

barbarian is offline Banned
    at 155lbs you have tons of room to grow hold off on a cycle and eat, train and sleep right and take plenty of supplments

I eat. I try to get 150-200g of protien per day (although its hard). I have poor genetics (most of my family is small like me). As for supplements I have taken everything under the sun from protien shakes, creatine, NO2, Ando, you name it. Thats why Im leaning towards doing a cycle.

I do appreciate your advice.

Swellin Guest
    Okay, for starters...double your protein intake. Ingest 4000 calories ED. You need to find out how to do this before you ever consider a cycle. You have to eat like this on the cycle, so get started now. I garauntee that you will see huge gains by doubling your protein and increasing your calories...clean calories.
    By clean caloreis, I mean 6-10 chicken breasts a day, along with oatmeal, eggs, a cup or two of veggies...no bread...no sweets. Drink 3-4 protein shakes a day to supplement your diet. Include glutamine and creatine in your supplementation.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    Okay, for starters...double your protein intake. Ingest 4000 calories ED. You need to find out how to do this before you ever consider a cycle. You have to eat like this on the cycle, so get started now. I garauntee that you will see huge gains by doubling your protein and increasing your calories...clean calories.
    By clean caloreis, I mean 6-10 chicken breasts a day, along with oatmeal, eggs, a cup or two of veggies...no bread...no sweets. Drink 3-4 protein shakes a day to supplement your diet. Include glutamine and creatine in your supplementation.
    Agreed. Also look at the way you are training as well. You might have been over or even undertraining all along and that could be a majory factor in to way you have a little amount of growth.

When you are taking these supplements listed above are you on and off with them or have you been strict and stick to them for a good length of time?

Make sure you are sticky with basic compound exercises for your routine. When it comes to cables. I wouldn't even look at them. List an example meal day and training split for us and we can go from there.

matt savickas is offline New Member
    Shredz...Why would you stick with enanth instead of Sustanon ? What are the differences?

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by matt savickas
    Shredz...Why would you stick with enanth instead of Sustanon ? What are the differences?
    Try searching for it bro...there are approximately 48000 threads where this is discussed. I will say that at least 90% of the folks on AR feel the same way as Shredz about this...and I agree. It is easier to maintain constant blood levels when dealing with one ester instead of four esters. Inconsistant blood levels result in increased sides.

asiancuts is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matt savickas
    plenty. i took sust for my first cycle and i thought "wow, 4 different esters must be better than 1!" WRONG

First, thank you all for your replies. They are very helpful.

I have been consistant when it comes to protien suplements, but as for the others I usually give them a month...If I don't see/feel any results I feel like Im wasting money.

Swellin Guest
    You have to stick it out bro. It takes me 4 weeks of creatine (using it every day...even on the off days) to ever notice anything from it. Shortly after that, it really kicks in for me.

One of my favorite supplements is TRAC. One tablespoon contains 4g of creatine, and a ton of arginine and the like. I can start it and see a difference in one week. My workouts are more intense, and I get a little more vascular. Of course, I double the dose...but that is all part of it.

We are really trying to help you and keep you from making a mistake this early. I promise you will make gains if you listen to what we have told you in this thread. There are other forums on this site about training and nutrition. Go to those forums and post your workout and your diet (respectively), and you should get plenty of help. There are some worldclass athletes on this site that enjoy helping people like you and me...take advantage of it.

roccoswello is offline Associate Member
    Hey bro, I was 145 lbs 3 months ago and today I weighed in at 168 and thats all natural. Oh and Im only 5'9" too. Like most guys are size, it was my eating. I thought I was eating a lot until I started hanging out with some big guys. For your size what you need to do is always be eating. I eat probably 7 or 8 times a day now, no joke. Eat until you feel like your about to bust like after Thanksgiving dinner. Then when it starts to go away a little like in an hour or so eat again. And eat high calories and high protein. Shakes are like 46 g of protein, so with shakes and food, its not that hard. You need to get in the 350 - 450 g of protein range. There's no way you won't grow. Good luck. Oh yeah and you should be eating RIGHT NOW. LOL

Thread Information