Thread: hurt shoulder

heater is offline Junior Member

hurt shoulder

I am a baseball pitcher and have had a sore shoulder for a few weeks. I am taking vioxx and doing therapy. I was wondering if any of you guys knew of any supplements besides deca that would help get this to go away. I ran test prop. and anvar for a little while but was cut about 3 and a half weeks into it bc of testing.

house71 is offline Associate Member
    Msm, Joint Fuel

BIG21 is offline Associate Member
    best bet is to just let it take its course and heal...could be a recurring injury if not

MafiaMan is offline Junior Member
    If its just soreness then ice it and run.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Deca works best IMO Bro - sorry

Docta-G is offline Junior Member
    Hey bro, I had a similar problem. I am also a pitcher and hurt my shoulder earlier this spring. They put me on celebrex and sent me to rehab. One thing I recommend to do if your not already doing it is JOBES. I had always done them and sure enought when I stop my shoulder started to hurt. I went through the therapy and started doing my JOBES twice a day. Now my shoulder is just fine. Just do proper stretching, arm care and make sure your mechanics are in check. I also started taking the MSM, and GLucosamine. You can get both of those at allsportsnutrition.com or at any nutrition/vitamin shop. Good luck bro!

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG21
    best bet is to just let it take its course and heal...could be a recurring injury if not
    Solid advice...

also go see an Orthopedic Surgeon!

alevok Guest
    shoulder injuries are the worst, takes too long to heal, u can spot inject winny, helped me good.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alevok
    shoulder injuries are the worst, takes too long to heal, u can spot inject winny, helped me good.
    Really Bro ? - winny dries out the joints - makes me a creaky old man !

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alevok
    It's my understanding that any sports players that use explosive movements (such as jumping, throwing, swinging, pitching) should stay away from using winny because it dries out the joints and tightens ligaments and tendons. So, winny would promote damage (torn ligaments and tendons), not healing.

Ive always wondered about that. I've never used winny, so I dont know from my own experience how it works. Most the people on here say it dries out the joints and causes torn ligaments and tendons. I dont question the mods on the board or anyone else, but I know people (pitchers in particular) that have used winny with no problems, and have increased their velocity by a couple mph. But the posts from people on this board have me weiry of trying winny myself. I wonder if it works differently on people who lift really heavy all the time vs. people like pitchers who lift lighter weights with more reps and try to stay lean and flexible?? Just some thoughts, does anyone got any reactions/comments to this.

houseofpain is offline Banned
    if your a pitcher you should be doing legs only....but yeah it should run its course

i agree, do a lot of legs and a lot of core work/plyometrics. When your doing upper body, just make sure to do light weights. IMO

newtogear is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Docta-G
    i agree, do a lot of legs and a lot of core work/plyometrics. When your doing upper body, just make sure to do light weights. IMO
    i have a similar problem. from what i've read, deca and also eq, are the best for this. i was just on a good thread about this recently. try and search for it. but i think deca might be a little bit better for your shoulder than eq, but eq is right up there. i don't think any other gear will help as much as either of those 2. of course, you'll want to take test w/ either of them.

Thread Information