marlin444 is offline Associate Member

neck pain - injury or just hurt???

Hey i was at the gym last wednesday, i finished my whole entire routine, and i did my final workout: shrugs. im working with HST and this was 1 day away from my 10 rep max. so i was using quite a bit of weight concidering i was doing 10 reps. so anyway, im on my 8th rep, and i feel something in my colar bone to adams apple area crack - kinda like when you crack your back. i usually hear lots of cracks and **** like that when i work out. anyway, i woke up the next morning feeling like i had whiplash. the next day (friday) it was fine. i worked out again on saturday (after 2 days rest), and i figured id skip the shrugs to be safe. but when i was doing sholder press it started hurting again. not its sunday and it hurts still. if im looking straight foward it doesnt hurt. if my neck bend bends down, left or right it hurts. i have a limited range of motion. can anyone tell me what i should do? i had my next 3 months planned around starting cycle tomorow, but if i cannot workout for a while i might have to delay it. or maybe i shoudl just not do sholders for a couple weeks and start cycleing anyway, cause i wont feel the **** for a while anyway. has this happened to anyone before?? the pain is not unbarable but i feel like my body could be telling me to chill the **** out. lol i do more than my body is suposed to handle - im 5'10'' weigh 165, bench 295, sqat 275, deadlift 345. i was using a machine for my shrugs and i dont rember how much it was but i was going to failure. thanks

Delay your cycle, get healthy first.

marlin444 is offline Associate Member
    bump!

Thread Information