Thread: I.U vs. cc....

Tattoo70 is offline Associate Member

I.U vs. cc....

I know that most things are measured in cc's and growth hormone is measured in i.u.'s. Whats the difference between i.u.'s and cc's? Thanks...

ruquick is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattoo70
    I know that most things are measured in cc's and growth hormone is measured in i.u.'s. Whats the difference between i.u.'s and cc's? Thanks...
    100 i.u's is equal to 1cc or 1ml

Quote Originally Posted by Tattoo70
    cc=mL and is a unit of volume.
    IU is a measurement of activity and is dependent upon the compound. I.e. one IU of insulin is not necessarily the same as one IU of GH, in fact it's not.
    Most slin is in 1 of 2 standardized concentrations 40IU/mL or 100IU/mL. GH will be XIU/mL depending on the volume in which you reconstitute it.

Quote Originally Posted by ruquick
    100 i.u's is equal to 1cc or 1ml
    NO
    Only if you're referring to something that is 100IU/cc
    There is no universal conversion from IU to mL

righton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    NO
    Only if you're referring to something that is 100IU/cc
    There is no universal conversion from IU to mL
    He could be referring to the volume, the slin needles i get are 30iu or 3/10th of a cc so 100iu would be 1cc.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    1mg of GH equals 2.7 IU... if thats what you might be reffering to... some GH (like Genotropin) is sold in milligrams versus international units...

Quote Originally Posted by righton
    He could be referring to the volume, the slin needles i get are 30iu or 3/10th of a cc so 100iu would be 1cc.
    But that's only if you're referring to insulin , and if so, that's only referring to U-100 insulin. There simply is no conversion for IU to any unit of volume or mass (g). Each conversion is dependent upon the compound in question.
    Like Warrior said, 1mg of GH is 2.7IU...if you reconstitute 1mg of GH is 1mL of BW, then you have 2.7IU/mL. If you reconstitute it in 0,5mL, you have 5.4IU/mL.
    1mg of IGF-1 LR3 is not equal to 2.7IUs, as IGF-1 has its own mg to IU conversion, as does every other compound.

Thread Information